Montgomery Kings win Pelham tournament...

HORNETSWARM

The sixteen-and-under Montgomery Kings won the YBOA state basketball tournament in Pelham over the weekend with a 79-60 win over the Alabama Hawks. The Kings will play in the national tournament beginning June 24 in Columbus, Georgia. Incidently, Pelham is a ajoining city of Birmingham. This says a lot for athletics in and around the Montgomery area. Remember that three high school teams in the Montgomery area won state championships this year. (Saint Jude boys, Jeff Davis boys-girls teams)--With that announcement, Montgomery appears to be "backed" for years in basketball. :tup:

HORNETSWARM said:
The sixteen-and-under Montgomery Kings won the YBOA state basketball tournament in Pelham over the weekend with a 79-60 win over the Alabama Hawks. The Kings will play in the national tournament beginning June 24 in Columbus, Georgia. Incidently, Pelham is a ajoining city of Birmingham. This says a lot for athletics in and around the Montgomery area. Remember that three high school teams in the Montgomery area won state championships this year. (Saint Jude boys, Jeff Davis boys-girls teams)--With that announcement, Montgomery appears to be "backed" for years in basketball. :tup:
YBOA is like D2 in summer basketball... the best players play in AAU not YBOA... the two summer leagues actually have "beef" with each other in the city.... I keep up with summer leagues in the state and ahve never heard of the Montgomery Kings.. but everybody knows about the AAU teams in the state. There are only two nationally ranked AAU teams from the state.. both based in Huntsville... Alabama Lasers and SouthEast Raptors.... the best players in the state travel here to play with either of those teams. Now there was a team in either Montgomery or Mobile that was talented (something Elite)... but I havent heard from them. The good AAU teams in the state are Nike Travel teams and dont play other in state teams.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
DAHILL said:
YBOA is like D2 in summer basketball... the best players play in AAU not YBOA... the two summer leagues actually have "beef" with each other in the city.... I keep up with summer leagues in the state and ahve never heard of the Montgomery Kings.. but everybody knows about the AAU teams in the state. There are only two nationally ranked AAU teams from the state.. both based in Huntsville... Alabama Lasers and SouthEast Raptors.... the best players in the state travel here to play with either of those teams. Now there was a team in either Montgomery or Mobile that was talented (something Elite)... but I havent heard from them. The good AAU teams in the state are Nike Travel teams and dont play other in state teams.

Man just give the youth some props. The kids don't care about no beef between the two leagues. all they want to do is go out and play ball and have some fun.

DAHILL said:

Again I say, three Montgomery area high school won state championships this year. YBOA is an asset obviously to the state. They also won it DAHILL. Give the children some credit for achieving something in the state. They just happen to be from Montgomery. :nod:

HORNETSWARM said:
Again I say, three Montgomery area high school won state championships this year. YBOA is an asset obviously to the state. They also won it DAHILL. Give the children some credit for achieving something in the state. They just happen to be from Montgomery. :nod:
you didnt read anything i said did you? If Montgomery ahs a YBOA team... they aint even the best players in MONTGOMERY.... the best players in any city play AAU... you cant play both. AAU (travel teams) play national tournaments...this state stuff is for people who dont get picked up by a travel team.

DAHILL said:
you didnt read anything i said did you? If Montgomery ahs a YBOA team... they aint even the best players in MONTGOMERY.... the best players in any city play AAU... you cant play both. AAU (travel teams) play national tournaments...this state stuff is for people who dont get picked up by a travel team.

Yeah I agree with ya, they were basically the ones who were overlooked for the best talent at the age. Congrats to them though!

Back