Montgomery Advertiser delves into Jenkins lack of local recruiting success

major095

ASU4real
advertiser looking closely at jenkins, some of the kids he's signed and why montgomery kids haven't signed with them. a lack of offers for local kids seems to be brought up. also the story of one carver kid (my high school) who was kicked off the team and the family's calls were never returned. the young man was shot and killed later on and the article wonders out loud what might have been if they'd been available to talk to the family after he was kicked off the team.

also it seems jenkins held study hall outside on the practice field in the cold once because guys were missing study hall, and they wonder if this was extreme. apr scores were 932 after that the article notes.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/sports/alabama-state/

Rankins is an idiot for writing this article. McCall was killed by a 16 year old male, who's father also killed someone. From what I remember, McCall was opening up his own barbershop prior to be killed and still close to the team. This article is trying to make it seem like McCall got kicked off the team amd just became a thug.

Wait so it's Jenkins fault that the kid came late to practice...kicked off the team....lost the passion to earn a degree....and later was killed.

Why was he killed?

Hell my boss fired a girl because she was late. To me being put off the team is a lesson within itself....be on time.

This article is trying to make it seem like McCall got kicked off the team amd just became a thug.

It really does....the family doesn't help. Hell if the family thought it was this important why didn't they go and see Jenkins personally? Fuck a phone call or email....go personally!!

Where were the parents of the player that was killed? I'm not sure I understand what they thought the football team could do if he was taking a bad path
I think the family just wanted McCall to have another chance at becoming a football player. That family is full of athletes. I know the mom and the sister. They are a down to earth family.

Rankins is an idiot for writing this article. McCall was killed by a 16 year old male, who's father also killed someone. From what I remember, McCall was opening up his own barbershop prior to be killed and still close to the team. This article is trying to make it seem like McCall got kicked off the team and just became a thug.
I knew that name sounded familiar. I believe his dad is same guy that killed the cop and ditched his car in my old neighborhood.

Yes, the article is a new low. The unfortunate death of any young brother is tragic, but don't blame a coach that kicked him off the team for it.

I knew that name sounded familiar. I believe his dad is same guy that killed the cop and ditched his car in my old neighborhood.

Yes, the article is a new low. The unfortunate death of any young brother is tragic, but don't blame a coach that kicked him off the team for it.
Yep, that's him!

I think the family just wanted McCall to have another chance at becoming a football player. That family is full of athletes. I know the mom and the sister. They are a down to earth family.
NOTE: This issue I have with this "McCall" story, is that Josh Moon threatened to write it over a year ago during the whole "allegations" against Jenkins period back in Feb or March of 2015. It was meant to be just another story to dirty ASU and the Jenkins hire. The story never ran. Since then, the kid was killed. Now, the story surfaces while seemingly blaming his death on Jenkins kicking him off the team, and him dropping out of school.

Jenkins better get some of those athletes from Alabama. There are some football playing guys down there with very good high school play...

Jenkins better get some of those athletes from Alabama. There are some football playing guys down there with very good high school play...

He's getting some while still getting familiar with recruiting in Alabama. We are just trying to get the best student athletes here that can help on and off the field.

NOTE: This issue I have with this "McCall" story, is that Josh Moon threatened to write it over a year ago during the whole "allegations" against Jenkins period back in Feb or March of 2015. It was meant to be just another story to dirty ASU and the Jenkins hire. The story never ran. Since then, the kid was killed. Now, the story surfaces while seemingly blaming his death on Jenkins kicking him off the team, and him dropping out of school.

Exactly. The family doesn't need to go back through all of this again also.

My question is, did McCall himself want another chance? Was he an athlete on the burnout because so much importance was stressed on athletics all his lif and the college level not for everyone since it requires more than just playing the sport. Hope his family finds piece in the bad situation

Not too many players from montgomery playing for jenkins..they would end up whooping his azz for talking to much isht

they feel more comfortable on "the hill"

My question is, did McCall himself want another chance? Was he an athlete on the burnout because so much importance was stressed on athletics all his lif and the college level not for everyone since it requires more than just playing the sport. Hope his family finds piece in the bad situation
Not really sure about all of that but what I do know is that the young man already had a barbershop early in 2015. He was killed in Sept 2015, which tells me that he had already moved on from football and focused on his dream of having his own business.

Not too many players from montgomery playing for jenkins..they would end up whooping his azz for talking to much isht

they feel more comfortable on "the hill"
We've been had a problem keeping players from Montgomery even before Jenkins came. Now those players going to A&M will have to deal with getting their azz whooped on the last Saturday in October

We've been had a problem keeping players from Montgomery even before Jenkins came. Now those players going to A&M will have to deal with getting their azz whooped on the last Saturday in October

I doubt it lol yall won't 5 streak us like we did y'all recently ..Jenkins may get this year and another but by then we would've fired Spady and our new coach start another streak of MCC wins

Back