MJ please SHUT THE F@CK UP

Bane

The Vilian
You didn't say shat when countless black youth were murdering each other over your shoes. You didn't feel convicted to say something then. So shut the hell up now.

You didn't say shat when countless black youth were murdering each other over your shoes. You didn't feel convicted to say something then. So shut the hell up now.

Countless murdered? Prove that..

HUH? Man where have you been the last 30 years? It is well known kids were being killed on the streets of Chicago because of Jordans. Jordan never said a word.

I remember that era. I grew up in it. People get killed over cars, jewelry and other luxury items and you dont hear a word from the owners or anyone calling them out for it. But now Jordan is supposed to? But this is what happens when folks take the talking points from white America.

In the 80s & early 90s, Jordan was articulate, wore suits in public, did anti-drug PSAs and white folks couldn't wait to find some dirt on him and tear him down. So when folks started robbing & killing over the shoes (just like any other high dollar luxury item), that was whites opportunity to hold Jordan to different standards. And just like clockwork, middle & upper class black folks did the usual step-and-fetch-it routine.

I applaud Mike for saying what he said. Could he have said something sooner? Sure. Should he "shut the fugg up" because he didn't "yassir boss" in the 90s? Negro please. Check where your energy & talking points come from.

Tell GM, Ford, Bill Gates, etc to shut the fcuk up too in the process if you are blaming companhy owners for people robbing and killing folks for merchandise.

BINGO.

Folks getting killed over iphones & ipads and nobody points a finger at Steve Jobs.

Yall better check yourselves.

And before someone says "he shoulda have been donating money before" (because someone will), half of yall negroes aint giving back to your own communities, aside from a few musty ass dollars in a church collection plate.

Mike speaking out over police brutality is JUST what the doctor ordered. I hope more prominent blacks follow suit.

BINGO.

Folks getting killed over iphones & ipads and nobody points a finger at Steve Jobs.

Yall better check yourselves.

And before someone says "he shoulda have been donating money before" (because someone will), half of yall negroes aint giving back to your own communities, aside from a few musty ass dollars in a church collection plate.

Mike speaking out over police brutality is JUST what the doctor ordered. I hope more prominent blacks follow suit.

Exactly!

And some black folks hate black folks.

lol exactly

If you constantly hate on your black brothers & sisters over petty shit, yet steadily talking about some black lives matter! go kill yourself please.

We all know blacks like this....

Last edited:
I wouldn't necessarily go far as to tell Jordan to shut the bleep up, but I can see how many blacks people wouldn't be so accepting of his statement. Jordan pretty much played it down the middle in his statement.

And he even acknowledged that he couldn't stay silent any longer --meaning that through all the violence and injustices that impacted black people over the years, he chose not to say anything for whatever reason. Any many have criticized him seemingly protecting his brand instead of being more outspoken.

I don't believe that it's the moral obligation for Jordan or any other high-profile black person (beyond elected officials) to speak out, because many are not equipped or prepared to do so. And we only expect them to have a perspective that aligns with ours if they do take a stance.

But it's obvious Jordan went the safe route in his comments.

I wouldn't necessarily go far as to tell Jordan to shut the bleep up, but I can see how many blacks people wouldn't be so accepting of his statement. Jordan pretty much played it down the middle in his statement.

And he even acknowledged that he couldn't stay silent any longer --meaning that through all the violence and injustices that impacted black people over the years, he chose not to say anything for whatever reason. Any many have criticized him seemingly protecting his brand instead of being more outspoken.

I don't believe that it's the moral obligation for Jordan or any other high-profile black person (beyond elected officials) to speak out, because many are not equipped or prepared to do so. And we only expect them to have a perspective that aligns with ours if they do take a stance.

But it's obvious Jordan went the safe route in his comments.
The message was conveyed properly, as it would and should be by any of us. It should've been played down the middle. We don't want to see cops murdered and we for damned sure don't want to see anymore black males murdered either. MF'ers have murdered us for well over 400+ years in in this rancid assed country and it's been time for it to stop. smh

The message was conveyed properly, as it would and should be by any of us. It should've been played down the middle. We don't want to see cops murdered and we for damned sure don't want to see anymore black males murdered either. MF'ers have murdered us for well over 400+ years in in this rancid assed country and it's been time for it to stop. smh

Exactly.

He went All Lives Matter in his statement and donation. I can see how some folks would have an issue with that.

He went All Lives Matter in his statement and donation. I can see how some folks would have an issue with that.
I wouldn't say that. He sent $1M to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund and another $1M to an organization that's charged with strengthening relationships and buidling trust between Blacks and law enforcement. I think both are equally important to the plight of Black Americans. We do need to trust them not to shoot us, and we need them to trust us not to shoot them or whatever the case is.

And for all intents and purposes, the vast majority of people who say "All Lives Matter" are not in favor of Black people's demand for equality. The others just aren't impacted by it and further exemplify that we (Blacks and Whites) live in two different realities. I didn't get either of those sentiments from MJ yesterday.

I wouldn't say that. He sent $1M to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund and another $1M to an organization that's charged with strengthening relationships and buidling trust between Blacks and law enforcement. I think both are equally important to the plight of Black Americans. We do need to trust them not to shoot us, and we need them to trust us not to shoot them or whatever the case is.

And for all intents and purposes, the vast majority of people who say "All Lives Matter" are not in favor of Black people's demand for equality. The others just aren't impacted by it and further exemplify that we (Blacks and Whites) live in two different realities. I didn't get either of those sentiments from MJ yesterday.

When cops were killing blacks and not being held responsible in many cases, Jordan didn't say or do anything about trying to mend the relationship between the public and police. Only now when cops are harmed in retaliation, is Jordan taking a stance. A middle-of-the-road one that attempts to pacify two entities.

Last edited:
More than likely his statement is probably middle of the road due to his personal experiences. Have some of you forgotten how he lost his father?

Part of me still believes that was a hit. Jordan was a habitual gambler and some even believe his 1993 "retirement" was more of a suggested gambling rehab.

But who knows.

Back