Mitt Romney and the Republicans?

Discussion in 'Round Table Discussion' started by CEE DOG, Jan 11, 2012.

1. CEE DOG

CEE DOG Well-Known Member

How do you see this playing out? Did the Tea Party really kill them? Are the repubs really this desperate? Come on man, thy rejected this guys 20 times, no they love him? I have never seen them so desperate that they are supporting a liberal dressed in repub clothes. :shame: What is yall take on this?

2. Olde Hornet

Olde Hornet Active Member

Its fait accompli unless Romney does something really stupid in S.C.

The Reps in charge have determined that Mitt is the only one that can win - they have put their boys (Fox Noise, Rush, Hannity etc..) on the attack on the other candidate except Paul. They want him to stay because he makes Mitt look good. The main stream look at supporters of Paul as déclassé.

My candidate is Jon Huntsman - I will send him some money this weekend.

3. J C

J C Active Member

Heard talk that Rand Paul would be selected as Romney VP to shore up the Tea Party and Libertarians vote. it could be a smart move.

4. Olde Hornet

It will be interesting to see if the evangelicals hate of Obama is stronger than their religious rhetoric about Mormons. They know if they support Mitt, that will give the Mormon religion their stamp of Christian acceptance (in their heads) and a Mormon President will help spread the faith. Its a positive to see them move on from religious bigotry.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  5. Olde Hornet

Rick S. is running for V.P. under Mitt.

6. Olde Hornet

Mitt blew it - he does not understand or not able to show he has any connection with the working class.

7. J C

J C Active Member

Romney does not know how to play the tried and successful southern strategy that has work for Republicans since Tricky Dick. Newt showed him how it is done in SC. Gingrich will use the anti government and anti black argument in all the primaries in southern states. Romney Northeastern moderation will not sell in the south.

8. CEE DOG

Well we see how it played out. Now on to November........

9. Makaho 2.0

Makaho 2.0 ++ Digital Assassin ++

This election is the Republicans to lose. Some of you may not agree, but I haven't seen a sitting president this vulnerable since Jimmy Carter. With all that said, Republicans have been known to snatch Defeat out of the jaws of Victory.

10. CEE DOG

I some what agree. I think it will come to who ever wins the female population over. Who ever wins the white middle class female vote along with other groups of female will win. Right now I think it is split.

11. Tpop33

Tpop33 Active Member

I still believe President Obama will be reelected. Whites unlike Blacks are not sheeple (yes I called our people sheeple) we will vote on a Democrat even if we don't completely agree with them, because we'd rather have them than the other guy- the Republican. I don't believe Whites are gonna vote, they'll want to say "hey the country is messed up because of so and so", in other words at least I didn't vote for him, be it the rep or the dem.

12. J C

J C Active Member

Turn out is key. Apathy may play a role. The anti-Obama forces may have the energy and the money. It will be close. The election is shaping up as one that defines the role of government. Most of the electorate may not understand the significance of the out come of this election.

13. jsupop33

jsupop33 Loyalty & Respect

Mak,
    I wholeheartedly disagree. I have not heard so many republicans openly pessimistic about an election in a long time. Card carrying RNC members. I think this is a slam dunk for Obama. Honestly, I thought Obama was dead in the mud about a year ago.

Some interesting quotes from the politico playbook this morning.

Here is a GOP counter.

14. Blacknbengal

Blacknbengal Well-Known Member

But not only that Pops, the true Repubs dont like Romney. LOL!!!!!!!!!!
    They'll probably rather deal with Obama for another 4 years than Romney. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012
  15. jsupop33

jsupop33 Loyalty & Respect

Beans it is worse here in DC. I am sure Toi could share a lot more light on it but honestly, I have personally heard quite a few pubs say they are focused on winning the Senate and trying to box Obama in.

16. Blacknbengal

Blacknbengal Well-Known Member

I can believe that, cause that's their only best option.