McGwire mum on steroids

GramFan

McGwire mum on steroids in hearing

From the article:

Asked by St. Louis congressman William Clay whether he could assure fans he had played "with honesty and integrity," McGwire said, "I'm not going to go into the past or talk about my past. I'm here to make a positive influence on this."

He also refused to address allegations of steroid use leveled against him and other ballplayers by his one-time Oakland A's teammate Jose Canseco -- the author of a recent tell-all book on the issue -- and said he would not be "naming names."

"My lawyers have advised me that I cannot answer these questions without jeopardizing my friends, my family and myself," McGwire said.

Read the entire article here:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/03/17/steroids.baseball/index.html

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I agree with Dr. Mac, but baseball needs to be tougher. Then again, McGwire and Sosa had a lot to do with increasing baseball's popularity again and baseball thinks fans like scoring.

I think McGwire's non-answers spoke volumes.

Can you imagine somebody being called to court to testify in a trial and answering the lawyer with, "I don't want to talk about the past. I just want to be positive."?

Baseball needs to get tougher but I really could care less. It pisses me off the see a nerdy white man get up in front of the US Congress with all the protection in the world and call professional athletes "Cowards". I would love to see his arse call them cowards when he has no Congress, media, or other protection in like somewhere like a grocery store.

Dr. Mac said:
I still think Congress can find better things to do with its time.

Regards.

I read the article on the metro and was thinking the same thing. All these homeless people in the district and they are concerned about multi-millionaires taking performance enhancing drugs that shrink up their dicks. But hey this is America and we are a country full of part-time creators of logic and full-time bullssssss....hhhhh....iterssssss.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
All these homeless people in the district and they are concerned about multi-millionaires taking performance enhancing drugs that shrink up their dicks.
Man, you is CRAZY!!! :jump:

Heck...............this ain't gonna change nobody's mind.

He, McGwire, said if you say NO, people are not gonna believe you. IF you say yes, your through.

Sammy Sosa said "I have never taken performance enhancing drugs".

Last night on NIGHTLINE, these fools was saying because he didn't say the word STEROID, he must be covering up something. He's being evasive. :xeye:

What's the point -------dammed if they do, dammed if they don't.

This is nothing but grandstanding, JUST LIKE THE LAST TIME BASEBALL WAS HERE.

What came out of the last visit ..................NADADANGTHANG.

The reason McGwire didn?t deny using Roids cause he would be lying. No GROWN man, with that much money has that much ACNE on his face.

I know grown men and women that have acne on their face.

And it has nothing to do with steroid's.

But ...............I don't care one way or the other.

tsutiger said:
^

Me too, but none of them have walked away from a 30 million dollar contract.

Just for amusement ..........................
What do a $30 million contract have to do with it? It ain't like he left the game BROKE.

Heck, if that's the case then somebody need to find Barry Sanders arse and find out why he really left the game.

I mean ....................NOBODY JUST WALK'S AWAY FROM THAT KIND OF MONEY. :emlaugh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
staggalee83 said:
Just for amusement ..........................
What do a $30 million contract have to do with it? It ain't like he left the game BROKE.
He left because he was guilty.

Dr. Mac said:
I still think Congress can find better things to do with its time.

Regards.

They have haven't you heard? Now they're telling families that they don't have the right to stop their love ones suffering. But that's another story for another thread. :rolleyes:

Blacknbengal said:
He left because he was guilty.

Again ........not caring one way or the other. DEVIL's ADVOCATE HERE.

BUT ..................the only thing McGuire was guilty of when he retired was using AMDRO....................AT THE TIME A LEGAL OVER THE COUNTER SUPPLEMENT.

Canseco didn't even have a book in the works then. He was beating his wife and punching out Club Bouncers at that time.

This came 5 years later.

Back