Marriage????

PrettiEyes

High on Life!
Lately, I been finding out about friends that I went to high school with that are either married now or getting married. I was kinda surprised by it because alot of them didn't seem like the type that would get married so soon. I was wondering if you would get married while you are in school or would you just stay engaged until you finish school, or wait until you had all your fun. Me personally, If I was going with my boyfriend for a long time and he asked me to marry him I would wait until I finished school. If he really loved me enough, I think he would be willing to wait until I finished school. But then again there is no telling what I might do! =) Anyway, it just a new territory to me because I'm like "DAYUM, WHO'S NEXT!" I'm still trying to adapt to this new thing! Tell me what you think...

Man I think you and I are the same age, and i'm not even tryin to think about marriage right about now. I still have 2 years of school to go...then I have to worry about gettin a job and whatnot. I don't know any of my friends that are talkin bout marriage........but I shol know a lot that are pregnant or have kids.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I agree!

Unknown, I totally agree with you. I know that I'm not even thinking about marriage now. I gotta finish school first, get a job, mingle here and there and then settle down. The only why I could get married right now is unless he was a millionaire! :D Anyway, yes I know people that are pregnant or have kids already but I have to give props to those that are getting married because they love each other and not because they made a mistake and trying to cover it up!

Well................

I believe the majority of the time when people our age get married early it is for the wrong reason! It seems like there is always a child involved in these type situations and nowadays these early marriages end up in divorce and then truth comes out!!!!.......... why would I marry a young woman I dont love? Im not gonna marry her just because I have a kid by her that was unplanned. There are so many other issues that have to be discussed when dealing with earlr marriage but this was just one aspect of the game were dealing with in todays society..............I am 21 years old and I dont see myself getting married til about 25-26 when I am established and ready to settle down cuz I do wanna be young husband and father while my kids are teenagers:D besides late 30s early 40's isnt that old:D I think that will be kinda neat!

<i>Ill be back with more comments fa sho</i>

marriage?

i think that, when you're in college, and you meet someone that treats you like a princess, and yall are with each other 24-7, u might think, yah, i'd marry him if he asks, but we'll just be engaged until graduation!nahh! my parents got married when my mom was 20, and my dad was 22. i mean yah theyre still together, but back when they got married, that was what was expected of them. if someone i'd been dating for over 3 years asked me to marry them right now, truthfully i'd say no, cause how are u gonna be married in college??, ur trying to get a job, start a career and just plain get out of school...its hard enough to just have a boyfriend in college..let alone a husband?? i do know of a dude at school, who's been married for 3 years, he's a senior this year coming up, and he's pretty happy, but his wife stays in maryland, ion know how they do it, but...i know i couldnt.

I can't see myself getting married for another 5 or 6 years. I guess I must have pimp in my blood because I just don't love these ...... , I don't wanna save them, and I don't wanna deal with them if they're doing nothing for me.

no trickin here ya diggg

I feel ya my mella on not saving these pros.........;)

<font size=5><b> Capt. Kirkology 101</b></font>

<i>.........Man I spent cheese on her and everything and I bought rangs and some mo ish :(</i>

<i>........I'mma kill that negro then I'm goin marry her:( </i>

<i>........I love her man
I love her man
Quit lying man
I love her man
I gotta marry her man
I'mma marry her :(
</i>
:bawling:

As I see it...

I noticed that alot of people say that they don't want to get married until they are about 25 years old. I don't think that is a bad age. I think by then you have established your career and had all the fun you can get. I think that alot of people don't want to get married young because they don't want to be old and be like "Man, I wished that I had waited a little while longer, or they don't want to end up feeling "unhappy" with the way their life turned out.

I know personally several of my boys who got married at 23....makes me feel old but personally I could never marry that damn early.

I could wait until the early 30s if I have to because I want to get situated financially.

Re: marriage?

Originally posted by Miss Sparkle
i think that, when you're in college, and you meet someone that treats you like a princess, and yall are with each other 24-7, u might think, yah, i'd marry him if he asks, but we'll just be engaged until graduation!nahh! my parents got married when my mom was 20, and my dad was 22. i mean yah theyre still together, but back when they got married, that was what was expected of them. if someone i'd been dating for over 3 years asked me to marry them right now, truthfully i'd say no, cause how are u gonna be married in college??, ur trying to get a job, start a career and just plain get out of school...its hard enough to just have a boyfriend in college..let alone a husband?? i do know of a dude at school, who's been married for 3 years, he's a senior this year coming up, and he's pretty happy, but his wife stays in maryland, ion know how they do it, but...i know i couldnt.

Notice this coming from a MEAC'er:emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Gotta get out of school before marriage .. bottom line. I think it would be a little stress trying to manage school and a family around ages 19-23.

To tell the truth, I'm not even thinking about marriage at this point in time. I already know that I'm going to wait til after I get my degree. And who knows where I'll be by then? There's so many "fish in the sea" that the person I may be with now, I may not be with her anymore. I try to go with the flow. But it's definitely time to consider it when you get around 25. But then again you want to have known your partner for at least more than a year or two. I'm not really worried, because I know marriage will pop up on me at the right time.

Re: no trickin here ya diggg

Originally posted by TRU3000
I feel ya my mella on not saving these pros.........;)

<font size=5><b> Capt. Kirkology 101</b></font>

<i>.........Man I spent cheese on her and everything and I bought rangs and some mo ish :(</i>

<i>........I'mma kill that negro then I'm goin marry her:( </i>

<i>........I love her man
I love her man
Quit lying man
I love her man
I gotta marry her man
I'mma marry her :(
</i>
:bawling:

<font size="5"><b>DONT SAVE HER SHE DONT WANT TO BE SAVED...</b></font>

Personally, I wouldnt get married until i haev established myself geographicaly and financially. I wouldnt want to put my family through any burden that I could have prevented had I waited to settle down first.

Back