Malik Newman commits to Hail State

I can only see his decision as one that was influenced by $$$. Whether direct (cash, goods) or indirect (family travel, jobs, etc). Schools like Kentucky, Kansas UNC and Duke don't have to entice kids financially to go there for basketball. MS State, LSU, TAMU, etc do.

It really doesn't matter where he goes. He's already a projected Top 5 pick for the 2016 NBA Draft. He doesn't need college. Colleges need him. Starkville is just a place for him to stay in shape until he is eligible for the draft.

All this UK talk is moot. He's played with and against all of those guys before already. So the scouts know what he can do. And they know what he needs to work on. I wouldn't be surprised if Howland lands Thon Maker, too.

Exactly. Malik just wants to show the NBA scouts how well he can play against others players in the reportedly best basketball conference in the country, then he will opt out for the NBA! If he could have gone directly from High school to the NBA, I think he would have.

Remember Monta Ellis?

Exactly. Malik just wants to show the NBA scouts how well he can play against others players in the reportedly best basketball conference in the country, then he will opt out for the NBA! If he could have gone directly from High school to the NBA, I think he would have.

Remember Monta Ellis?
The SEC has never been considered the best conference in the country for basketball.

The SEC has never been considered the best conference in the country for basketball.

Reading is fundamental! The guy word is reportedly (according to what some say (used to express the speaker's belief that the information given is not necessarily true)!

I can only see his decision as one that was influenced by $$$. Whether direct (cash, goods) or indirect (family travel, jobs, etc). Schools like Kentucky, Kansas UNC and Duke don't have to entice kids financially to go there for basketball. MS State, LSU, TAMU, etc do.
Are you sure of that?

LOLOLOLOLOL................................ When it come to 17, 18, and 19 year old kids, those schools are no different than any other school. Those kids are getting paid under the table by alumni and boosters and you know it.

Malik Newman went to Ms State for 2 reasons.
#1) His dad went there.
#2) Ms State just hired a coach that fits his style and hired the guy away from LSU that has been recruiting Malik Newman since the 9th grade. Malik is a one and done. He went to Ms State because he will be the big dog marquee player that coach is going to turn loose. Ms State has played every card they had for the last year recruiting Malik and it paid off TO MY SURPRISE BECAUSE I HAD KENTUCKY AS THE FAVORITE. LOL

Ms State is not done yet. Bet they get about 3 more players with stars behind their name. Some were just waiting to see where Malik landed.

I don't know why they think this only happens at MS schools. Allegedly, of course.
I listed LSU and TAMU as well examples. I'm sure some guys get enticed to go to the big 4 basketball schools, but the price is much lower there. I guarantee it. If a kid is being offered by Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, UNC... they are likely going to one of those schools unless they get enti$ed. That's the bottom line in most cases.

I feel the same about Ole Miss football. Hugh Freeze ain't just selling the fact that they play in the SEC to these #1 recruits he's getting from all over the country to pick them over the likes of Bama and Ohio State.

LOLOLOLOLOL................................ When it come to 17, 18, and 19 year old kids, those schools are no different than any other school. Those kids are getting paid under the table by alumni and boosters and you know it.

Malik Newman went to Ms State for 2 reasons.
#1) His dad went there.
#2) Ms State just hired a coach that fits his style and hired the guy away from LSU that has been recruiting Malik Newman since the 9th grade. Malik is a one and done. He went to Ms State because he will be the big dog marquee player that coach is going to turn loose. Ms State has played every card they had for the last year recruiting Malik and it paid off TO MY SURPRISE BECAUSE I HAD KENTUCKY AS THE FAVORITE. LOL

Ms State is not done yet. Bet they get about 3 more players with stars behind their name. Some were just waiting to see where Malik landed.
MS St has been cleaning up the Montgomery talent. They must have 4 former Carver HS players on their team.

I listed LSU and TAMU as well examples. I'm sure some guys get enticed to go to the big 4 basketball schools, but the price is much lower there. I guarantee it. If a kid is being offered by Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, UNC... they are likely going to one of those schools unless they get enti$ed. That's the bottom line in most cases.

I feel the same about Ole Miss football. Hugh Freeze ain't just selling the fact that they play in the SEC to these #1 recruits he's getting from all over the country to pick them over the likes of Bama and Ohio State.

Didn't Bama get in trouble a while back for paying players and their high school coaches under the table? The name "Albert Means" comes to mind.

Didn't Bama get in trouble a while back for paying players and their high school coaches under the table? The name "Albert Means" comes to mind.
I said the price is higher at the less successful schools, not that the big boys don't pay too. There was no way Albert Means was going to any school other than Bama or Tennessee, unless another school paid him MUCH more. As a matter of fact, the Arkansas coach admitted that he was told he'd have to pay more for Means to sign there.

He One and Done, he just need to keep his average up to the Mid 20s, he aint got to win a game. For what he doing he can go to Mississippi College in get the same results..
Miss me with the coach with his Style, etc... State put some cheese in his pocket too

I said the price is higher at the less successful schools, not that the big boys don't pay too. There was no way Albert Means was going to any school other than Bama or Tennessee, unless another school paid him MUCH more. As a matter of fact, the Arkansas coach admitted that he was told he'd have to pay more for Means to sign there.
We lying to ourselves if you don't believe that these kids don't get a few Stacks for Signing.. A new Truck or car... Whats Sad is a lot of times a new car is all you have to do for these kids.

We lying to ourselves if you don't believe that these kids don't get a few Stacks for Signing.. A new Truck or car... Whats Sad is a lot of times a new car is all you have to do for these kids.
I know that MOST kids don't get anything extra. Just a few who are waivering.

Back