Lincoln Football to Play Grambling State in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude let me tell you something that I know your silly ARSE KNOW ALREADY!!! Dont nobody wanna read you and USA going back and forth... I told him to take the HIGH ROAD because your a WASTE OF TIME AND KEYSTROKES!!!!:tdown::tdown::tdown:

AGAIN GEESH

DONE

Dude, you're not qualified to tell me jack and if I'm a waste of keystrokes, don't respond to anything I post.
It's amazing how folks like to dish it out, but can't take it.....moderator or not.

We have helped TCU sell out season tickets for the first time.

TCU sells out season football tickets for first time

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/0...e-move-to-big-12-renovated.html#storylink=cpy

The move to the Big 12 Conference and the $164 million renovations to Amon G. Carter Stadium, which are scheduled to be completed a week before the season opener Sept. 8 against Grambling State, helped spur a run on season tickets, which have been sold out for the first time in TCU history.
There are still about 1,000 fans on the waiting list for season tickets. Those fans will be contacted if seats become available after the renovation is complete.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/0...e-move-to-big-12-renovated.html#storylink=cpy

I can tell you people are stuck in Mississippi all the time. lol

I see why GUD told you to stop posting. He was trying to save you.:lol: If you'd read the article carefully, it stated that the tickets were ALREADY sold out due to TCU moving to the Big 12 and renovations. The sellout had nothing to do with Grambling. LOL!!

I'm finished after i post this lol:

Louisville welcomed 41,227 for a 2000 game against Grambling, then the 10th largest crowd in Cardinal Stadium history. Three seasons later at San Jose State, the Tigers drew 31,681, marking the first sellout for a football game at Spartan Stadium since 1990. (In 2004, without Grambling as an opponent, the Literacy Classic drew two-thirds fewer fans, just 11,360.)

Washington State played Grambling before 51,486 fans at Seattle’s Qwest Field in 2005; the school hasn’t counted more than 50,000 fans at that venue since. Grambling’s 2006 game at Houston drew 27,302 — then the biggest home crowd at Robertson Stadium since 31,784 fans watched Texas played the Cougars there in 2001.

The Tigers also helped set a new home attendance record at Louisiana-Monroe in 2007, drawing 30,101. Grambling’s away game at Nevada in 2008 brought in 20,078 folks — just outside the Top 10 all time for the Wolf Pack at Mackay Stadium. And in 2009, the Tigers were there for the first sellout ever at Oklahoma State’s newly completed Pickens Stadium, helping OSU attract 56,901 fans to outdraw an earlier record-setting game featuring SEC foe Georgia.

http://thederisoreport.hbcufannatio...bling-to-face-rose-bowl-champion-tcu-in-2012/
:read:

Dude, don't make promises you can't keep. I counted ONE sellout out of seven games.
Like I said, if you like it, I love it.
Make them White folks that money if that's how you like doing it.:tup:

Grambling has always traveled well and attracted on the road. I remember when they used to play Morgan State when i was a kid, the games where always packed. I believe Doug is going to build something and their home attendance will increase. I have a classmate that works at Grambling, she was home for a week this summer and she informed me that Grambling is expected close to 2,000 incoming freshmen and transfers so expect their home attendance to increase if that trend continues. That game in Kansas City will probably attract because of the name Grambling.

I have to agree with the Gram folks on this one

You JSU folks are jealous haters who cant read.

This game against the great Lincoln is ground breaking and important. Way to go Grambling....I think

Grambling has always played on the road more than home. Stay in Jackson lol. Robinson was a mastermind and is a good reason why Grambling is widely known.

..and there is also a good reason why Robinson stadium is widely known for being empty.

JSU posters on TSPN are jealous of Grambling. Only someone stuck under a rock(Mississippi) doesn't know about Grambling helping PWC's break records. They have been doing it for a while.

Last edited:
One would then have to wonder why that supposed huge traveling fanbase can't be transferred to Robinson stadium.

If they could figure that out, they could have more home games and actually allow their home fans to see them play on a consistent basis. Any how, keep up the good work....even if it is on the road.

JSU posters on TSPN are jealous of Grambling. Only someone stuck under a rock(Mississippi) doesn't know about Grambling helping PWC's break records. They have been doing it for a while.

So Grambling been helping Whitey get rich for decades while neglecting their home fans? Is that what I'm hearing?:noidea:
That's something to REALLY be jealous about.:lol:

Hey GUD, how much is the payout for playing Abra....uhhh I mean Lincoln University at Nebraska? I can't find it anywhere online. Thanks in advance for the info.:tup:

If my memory serves me correct Dallas, Tx is where their biggest group of alumni reside, that's why the game in Dallas is so successful. They need to advertise a lot in Shreveport and Monroe to attract those two cities to home games so the Dallas fan base doesn't have to drive everytime it's a home game. I attended a couple of Grambling games while at Southern and they had some well attended games. Don't know whats the problem now, that team is a consistent winner so they should have much better attendance figures. They have the most successful HBCU football team as far as longevity of winning seasons.

Last edited:
So Grambling been helping Whitey get rich for decades while neglecting their home fans? Is that what I'm hearing?:noidea:
That's something to REALLY be jealous about.:lol:

You are kidding but Grambling is more respected than JSU. Even in our down seasons at SU we have more pull than JSU.

Bruh this really has nothing to do with them and PWC. Heck SCState came to GaTech two years ago and gave us the highest attendance of the season. So this ain't nothing new. But they are going ALL THE WAY up there to play Lincoln (MO). Why don't they just come to Philly and play Cheyney at Lincoln Field while they are at it?

I am actually embarrassed that they don't know they should be embarrassed.

If my memory serves me correct Dallas, Tx is where their biggest group of alumni reside, that's why the game in Dallas is so successful. They need to advertise a lot in Shreveport and Monroe to attract those two cities to home games so the Dallas fan base doesn't have to drive everytime it's a home game. I attended a couple of Grambling games while at Southern and they had some well attended games. Don't know whats the problem now, that team is a consistent winner so they should have much better attendance figures. They have the most successful HBCU football team as far as longevity of winning seasons.

Yes Texas, Shreveport, Monroe and Cali.

Arrowhead-Stadium.jpg

You are kidding but Grambling is more respected than JSU. Even in our down seasons at SU we have more pull than JSU.

Why does this have to be about respect and pull? If you can't get pull from your own, you have no choice but to take it on the road. I'd rather have pull at my own house than more pull at somebody else's place.

I wouldn't respect my own program if we had to travel a thousand miles to see us play a virtual NAIA school. I'd be furious.

They have an AD who is doing what he has to do to keep the bills paid. Why you guys are trying to make this into something else is disingenous at best.

Plus the White folks like to see Black folks shuck jive, so maybe that has something to do with it too.

At first glance I thought you were talking about Lincoln in PA so I thought I might get a chance to see you guys play locally. Oh well...love Arrowhead Stadium and the Chiefs though.

The TCU matchup is set for Sept. 8, 2012, at historic Amon G. Carter Stadium, which is in the midst of a $143 million renovation project. Expanded home-game capacity is expected to be upwards of 40,000; TCU has already sold a school-record 20,817 season tickets for 2011.

Information on the 2012 game’s guarantee was not immediately available. Whatever the cost for TCU, however, the allure of scheduling Grambling is clear: Over the last decade, the team, in tandem with the Tiger Marching Band, has helped a series of FBS teams to record-smashing gates.

Louisville welcomed 41,227 for a 2000 game against Grambling, then the 10th largest crowd in Cardinal Stadium history. Three seasons later at San Jose State, the Tigers drew 31,681, marking the first sellout for a football game at Spartan Stadium since 1990. (In 2004, without Grambling as an opponent, the Literacy Classic drew two-thirds fewer fans, just 11,360.)

Washington State played Grambling before 51,486 fans at Seattle’s Qwest Field in 2005; the school hasn’t counted more than 50,000 fans at that venue since. Grambling’s 2006 game at Houston drew 27,302 — then the biggest home crowd at Robertson Stadium since 31,784 fans watched Texas played the Cougars there in 2001.

The Tigers also helped set a new home attendance record at Louisiana-Monroe in 2007, drawing 30,101. Grambling’s away game at Nevada in 2008 brought in 20,078 folks — just outside the Top 10 all time for the Wolf Pack at Mackay Stadium. And in 2009, the Tigers were there for the first sellout ever at Oklahoma State’s newly completed Pickens Stadium, helping OSU attract 56,901 fans to outdraw an earlier record-setting game featuring SEC foe Georgia.

The University of Arkansas was also on Grambling’s radar as a possible out-of-conference foe. But ultimately school officials believed that Tiger fans in Texas would show up in greater numbers.

“When we played Oklahoma, we set a new attendance record,†James said. “This time, we are going to Dallas, and we have a big fan base there. I think we can do it again.â€

http://thederisoreport.hbcufannatio...bling-to-face-rose-bowl-champion-tcu-in-2012/

Reading is fundamental.:lol:Shows how we attract on the road.:read: If one can't grasp it, so be it lol

Don't forget about Grambling's trip to San Jose State in 2003 when San Jose's band wasn't even allowed to come to the game because of sold tickets.

I've been trying to tell y'all that Doug is AFRAID to schedule quality opponents. He will get a pass coaching against TCU, because they are TCU. There ain't nothing about this game to get excited about. There ain't nothing new about playing in an NFL stadium. Hell, kids play in NFL stadiums all throughout the country for high school championships every year...how the hell is this special?

Lincoln University? :lol:

Carry on!

Do you thang Doug! :tup: :lol:

In all seriousness. There is nothing good or respectable about playing this school. I don't care where the game is held. I said the same thing when JSU scheduled Concordia.

In all seriousness. There is nothing good or respectable about playing this school. I don't care where the game is held. I said the same thing when JSU scheduled Concordia.

Yep.......... I didn't even waste money on that game last year. We all need tyo stop playing these teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back