Lincoln Football to Play Grambling State in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preach!!! I voiced the same concerns and got put in the "They" category! Nothing against the Braves...those were some good matchups back in the day, but this PCC needs to be used as a "neutral" site venue to play non-conference matchups!

Well join the club bruh. I really didn't have a major proplem with 2011 Alcorn match up because of ULM not wanting the deal, but I was against making a 2 or 3 year deal with Alcorn.

LOL. Being from New Orleans, I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!!! I rememeber being in the 4th grade and getting free Tulane tickets for doing a book reports.

However, Curtis Johnson is currently bring some hype to Tulane's program.I think they are on there way to being a top C-USA team very soon. A game with Tulane in the Superdome might be pretty cool for Grambling.

Shoot, half of the good teams are in the Big East now. lol

I guarantee the game will be packed in Kansas.

Dude, you're not sure about anything. LOL!! You think just because you're playing in Arrowhead that NFL folks will come to see you play a D-3 school? Please!!
You might get 15,000...IF that many. Grambling was a replacement school since Truman State backed out of the original agreement.

I'm sure not many folks from Grambling will be present to see their team play a D-3 school.

Wish we could play the Razorbacks in Shreveport. WOULD BE NICE. Is 2013 season a 12 game season?

Now you know a SEC or Big 12 school wouldn't agree to playing Grambling in Shreveport, however Arkansas State or North Texas would have been happy to make 70% of tickets sells against a FCS program who has the best numbers against FBS schools.

Now you know a SEC or Big 12 school wouldn't agree to playing Grambling in Shreveport, however Arkansas State or North Texas would have been happy to make 70% of tickets sells against a FCS program who has the best numbers against FBS schools.

DUH just wishful thinking lol. If the weather permits, i think Northwestern and Grambling would do nice in Shreveport. They have a better following than Tech.

DUH just wishful thinking lol. If the weather permits, i think Northwestern and Grambling would do nice in Shreveport. They have a better following than Tech.

Now remember, Tech wasn't in school just yet when they played Grambling. After winning a WAC title and getting ready to move to C-USA, I think Tech's fan base is going to grow.

Wow. The beatings from Grambling must really have made you bitter or just punch drunk.

He's telling the truth. Nobody wants to see a FCS school play a D-3 school in Arrowhead. A high school game would garner more attention than that matchup.

I wonder what the payout will be.

Last edited:
I don't blame him for his bitterness, if my team got pimped slapped and has only one win over Grambling in a decade i would be angry also.:emlaugh:

Well join the club bruh. I really didn't have a major proplem with 2011 Alcorn match up because of ULM not wanting the deal, but I was against making a 2 or 3 year deal with Alcorn.

Maybe you didnt' know that Alcorn moved their home game to Shreveport. They traded their home field advantage for two years worth of payouts. I'm sure they would not have moved their home game and get no money by going to Grambling the next year.

He's telling the truth. Nobody wants to see a FCS school play a D-3 school in Arrowhead. A high school game would garner more attention than that matchup.

Wow. You missed it too. I was talking about his post about the PCC, not the Arrowhead comment. Boy, you Jackson State people.............................................

I don't blame him for his bitterness, if my team got pimped slapped and has only one win over Grambling in a decade i would be angry also.:emlaugh:

Whose bitter because Grambling has to travel nearly a thousand miles to play a D-3/NAIA school in a no-name classic in a 90 percent empty 70,000 seat stadium?
You posted the article, so you should've expected such a response.

Does seem like this deal was not well thought out. It would be an insult to JSU fans if we had to travel anywhere just to play a NAIA school, but some folks have no shame and desperately need the money.

Jayrob,

Let me ask you this? How many NFL stadiums have your teams had the privilege to play in? Oh and i will wait. It is an opportunity for the players to play in an NFL venue but if one isn't accustomed to it they don't know what they are missing.

Whose bitter because Grambling has to travel nearly a thousand miles to play a D-3/NAIA school in a no-name classic in a 90 percent empty 70,000 seat stadium?
You posted the article, so you should've expected such a response.

Does seem like this deal was not well thought out. It would be an insult to JSU fans if we had to travel anywhere just to play a NAIA school, but some folks have no shame and desperately need the money.

Don't be a hater all of your life.

Jayrob,

Let me ask you this? How many NFL stadiums have your teams had the privilege to play in? Oh and i will wait. It is an opportunity for the players to play in an NFL venue but if one isn't accustomed to it they don't know what they are missing.

Ain't nobody in Jackson asking to play in a NFL stadium. :lol: but since you asked, we have played in 5 or 6 but who cares? We play in Memorial Stadium: HOME OF THE JSU TIGERS! Our fans would revolt if our AD announced a game vs Lincoln in Kansas City. WTF? :rolleyes:

Ain't nobody in Jackson asking to play in a NFL stadium. :lol: but since you asked, we have played in 5 or 6 but who cares? We play in Memorial Stadium: HOME OF THE JSU TIGERS! Our fans would revolt if our AD announced a game vs Lincoln in Kansas City. WTF? :rolleyes:

We give our players opportunities to see things. Eddie Rob's goal was to play in the major stadiums in the U.S and he did that, Doug is just keeping with tradition. Hell you've played Concordia and Delta State right in Klan Memorial so your statement is null and void and 5 or 6? That's why JSU has no clout, no one knows you outside of Miss and Tenn. smh. A Kansas City Chief scout might just be in the black and someone gets a chance to move to the next level, never know what can happen. When you are mentally stuck in a box you remain there. The box of Miss.

We give our players opportunities to see things. Eddie Rob's goal was to play in the major stadiums in the U.S and he did that, Doug is just keeping with tradition. Hell you've played Concordia and Delta State right in Klan Memorial so your statement is null and void and 5 or 6? That's why JSU has no clout, no one knows you outside of Miss and Tenn. smh. A Kansas City Chief scout might just be in the black and someone gets a chance to move to the next level, never know what can happen. When you are mentally stuck in a box you remain there. The box of Miss.

We have no interest in playing game all of the country like that. We are trying to get 20-30K in Memorial every week. We played Concordia and Delta State AT HOME! If we are playing in Kansas City, we better be playing Missouri. I didn't mind playing DSU but I didn't approve of Concordia, Stillman, etc...but that was our ADs choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back