Let's hear from Colin Kaepernick critics now

Olde Hornet

Where are they now?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ck-tulsa-police-shooting-jerry-rice/90752254/

Trent Dilfer, Kate Upton, Tony La Russa, Drew Brees, Rodney Harrison — they and many, many others were quick to criticize Colin Kaepernick and other athletes for kneeling during the national anthem in protest of police brutality and inequality. It was disrespectful to the country. Or the flag. Or the military. Or law enforcement and first responders. Or … something.

So where are they now, the Dilfers, the Uptons, the La Russas and all the other Kaepernick critics? Where is the outrage and the indignation for Terence Crutcher, the unarmed black man who was killed by Tulsa police late last week after he was gunned down and lay bleeding in the street for almost two minutes before anyone went to help him?

I really wanna hear from Drew Brees wack ass.

Where is Jim Harbaurgh white ass.

Let's see if they speak up now, it's 2 shootings within a week, Where they spoiled milk in the face asses at now.

Them black coons too, Jerry Rice, speak up

“There’s a lot of racism disguised as patriotism in this country,” Kaepernick said, “and people don’t like to address that and they don’t like to address what the root of this protest is.”

A poignant statement by Kap that transcends this topic. We see the ruse of patriotism used to justify indefensible behavior almost daily. His critics are silent, but the silence is deafening.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...-colin-kaepernick-kneeling-during-the-anthem/

Jerry Rice, arguably the greatest football player of all time and unquestionably the greatest receiver of all time, is one of those people. Rice originally questioned Kap over his decision, but reversed course on Tuesday and backed the 49ers backup quarterback.
Rice was too quick to condemn Kap and too slow to listen and understand the crux of the protest. Hell, has Rice been out of Mississippi so long that he hasn't been touched by the injustices of the system towards the BLACKMAN?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...-colin-kaepernick-kneeling-during-the-anthem/

Jerry Rice, arguably the greatest football player of all time and unquestionably the greatest receiver of all time, is one of those people. Rice originally questioned Kap over his decision, but reversed course on Tuesday and backed the 49ers backup quarterback.

He came to his senses when some of his relatives called him and reminded him of growing up and present conditions of Mississippi.

He put it all on the line: job, career and Life (confirmed that he has received death threats) and what he has done has transcended sports and etched him and an icon for this Generation as a example of Courage and Conviction by doing what Kareem described as kneeling down to stand up for Justice and Racial Equality.

Here is the thing. Many of them know they are hypocrites. And even if they aren't aware, they really don't care whether you think they're hypocrites or not. We're going to be a waiting an eternity if we believe that things will change by trying to get people who never really cared about us to care about us. It's wasted energy.

Think about this. For the most part I have been for Auburn over Alabama, especially in 2010.

----------

THE PANTHERS HIRED GOP CONSULTANT FRANK LUNTZ TO HELP CAM NEWTON TALK ABOUT RACE
Posted by Alex Putterman on Sep 19, 2016 12:00

-----

Beyond racism? A look at Newton's changing stance on race as Kaepernick heads to town

Eight months ago, when Newton said he was an “African-American quarterback that may scare a lot of people,” he may have shunned a certain demographic. Now he’s endeared them, while his recent messaging on race has drawn great backlash from the black community.

JONATHAN JONES
Friday September 16th, 2016

…..

Here’s what I know Newton has said and done in recent years: He spoke out in favor of the Confederate flag coming down at the South Carolina statehouse in 2015, saying it was a “triumph” to see that “symbol that represented so much hatred come down.” He visited families of the victims of the Charleston shootings with no media attention. The Cam Newton Foundation has donated more than half a million dollars to schools and children athletic programs in the past five years, and is currently working on a cultural relevancy program that will bring children from different cultural backgrounds together for various experiences they otherwise wouldn’t be exposed to. There can be no criticism of Newton not “going out into the communities” to try to help.

…..

Part of the shift has to do with GOP pollster and PR advisor Frank Luntz. Luntz has worked with the Panthers before—Deadspin outlined some of his work with them and Cam Newton in a piece from 2014, which included, as the article says, “a campaign to enhance the image of several players and the organization.” He was called in (by whom is unclear) this off-season to help Newton frame discussions on race among other topics, according to people close to Newton. Luntz, who declined comment on this story through a spokeswoman, is often credited with prompting the phrase “climate change” rather than global warming and helping Newt Gingrich with his 1990s “Contract With America.”

…..

A black woman in Raleigh told me in July that her husband wouldn’t allow their son to wear Newton’s jersey anymore “because he turned his back on his people.” That was, comparatively, a mild reaction. Fans took to his Twitter and Instagram accounts to air their grievances with the blackest Panther. Some comments were along the lines of “don’t forget you’re black” while others were far nastier, as the Internet is wont to be.

…..

Rice was too quick to condemn Kap and too slow to listen and understand the crux of the protest. Hell, has Rice been out of Mississippi so long that he hasn't been touched by the injustices of the system towards the BLACKMAN?

Jerry lives in Northern Cal. Of course he aint seeing what we see. Not that excuses him from saying stuff. He just jumped up and spoke to soon without thinking. San Fran is the Gay/Lesbian original HQ. So of course it is more tolerance going on in that area, than in most places in the country. But he has to see how the folks have attacked the President just because and other stuff. Can't have your head in the sand. I don't condemn Rice but I am glad he did wake up.

I think that Rice should have known better. It is not like everyone in the Bay area is a progressive. There are stories of police chiefs hiring officers from the south decades ago. Look at some of the area unions responses to Kaepernick.

Let's not forget. The Black Panthers were founded in Oakland.

Last edited:
He came to his senses when some of his relatives called him and reminded him of growing up and present conditions of Mississippi.

I can't lie. I'm waiting on Homecoming next month to see when Rice is brought up under the tree where the convo is going lol (you got some "woke" brothers from that time (including his DP) that come back every year or two)

I can't lie. I'm waiting on Homecoming next month to see when Rice is brought up under the tree where the convo is going lol (you got some "woke" brothers from that time (including his DP) that come back every year or two)
Man, some of us want them folks' approval so badly they will turn on their own mamas to get it.
(I approve this grammar)

Back