Largest trade in NBA history sends Antoine Walker to Miami

Jax

Chief Trolling offICEr
A Walker and White Chocolate in the M-I-A?? :eek: Riley and the Heat ain't playin ya'll...Rumor has it, Finley may be heading there...can anyone confirm?

Largest trade in NBA history sends Antoine Walker to Miami

By TIM REYNOLDS, AP Sports Writer
August 2, 2005
MIAMI (AP) -- In the largest trade in NBA history, Antoine Walker was dealt from Boston to Miami on Tuesday night in a transaction involving five teams and 13 players.

The Heat also acquired point guard Jason Williams and small forward James Posey from Memphis, while the Grizzlies received guard Eddie Jones from the Heat. The New Orleans Hornets and Utah Jazz were also involved in the deal.

The trade was larger than a 12-player, four-team deal in 2000 involving Patrick Ewing that had been the biggest in league history.

Story

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Finley could land in Miami, but 3 things must happen:

1. Dallas is unable to trade Finley

2. Dallas must release Finley (it is not a given they will even cut him)

3. Finley must choose Miami over teams like San Antonio, Phoenix, etc.

Right now, the only thing going for Miami is that Finley and Wade share the same agent.

Finley will NOT be a Mav, nor do I think he will be in a Heat uniform. Dallas is looking to send Finley to a team that will give them a player that can be a backup center. Either that or they will take on players who are in the LAST year of a heafty contract. But there is no way Dallas will payout $102Mil for Finley.

Right now Finley is the top shooting guard out there (trade or free agent). Ray Allen, Michael Redd and Joe Johnson are all signed so Dallas will no doubt be able to make a deal and get something for Finley. I just don't think the Heat have anything to give that Dallas wants.

Da_Sperm said:
Finley will NOT be a Mav, nor do I think he will be in a Heat uniform. Dallas is looking to send Finley to a team that will give them a player that can be a backup center. Either that or they will take on players who are in the LAST year of a heafty contract. But there is no way Dallas will payout $102Mil for Finley.

Right now Finley is the top shooting guard out there (trade or free agent). Ray Allen, Michael Redd and Joe Johnson are all signed so Dallas will no doubt be able to make a deal and get something for Finley. I just don't think the Heat have anything to give that Dallas wants.
They can have Doleac.

If Dallas cannot trade Finley, he most likely will be released. Miami has no one to trade for Finley. If Finley is released, he'll go to a contender (PHX, SA, MIA) for the $5 mil exception.

Miami picked up James Posey Andre Emmett from Memphis. Trade Emmett and James Posey to the Mavs for Michael Finley. I heard that if the Mavs cut Finley, that will save them $51M.

Jax said:
Miami picked up James Posey Andre Emmett from Memphis. Trade Emmett and James Posey to the Mavs for Michael Finley. I heard that if the Mavs cut Finley, that will save them $51M.
Salaries don't match.

Finley 15.9 mil

Posey 5.9 mil
Emmett 620 k

UAPB '97 said:
Salaries don't match.

Finley 15.9 mil

Posey 5.9 mil
Emmett 620 k

I see...Dallas will be getting the short end of the deal.

I believe Posey, if he can stay healthy, will be a real asset for Miami. He's more athletic than E Jones and has improved his outside shooting throughout the years (his last full season in '03-'04, he shot 38.6% from 3 point range). I have no idea why they would want J Williams. He plays too out-of-control and plays zero defense....

UAPB '97 said:
I believe Posey, if he can stay healthy, will be a real asset for Miami. He's more athletic than E Jones and has improved his outside shooting throughout the years (his last full season in '03-'04, he shot 38.6% from 3 point range). I have no idea why they would want J Williams. He plays too out-of-control and plays zero defense....

Man, I think J-Dub can kick that team up a notch. Everybody knows that Damon Jones (although he is "lights out" from the arc) is NOWHERE NEAR an NBA Starting PG. Plus, I think J. Williams will stop the HEAT from "nuttin' up" under pressure. He plays "loose" and sometimes you need that.

StateTroop2K1 said:
Man, I think J-Dub can kick that team up a notch. Everybody knows that Damon Jones (although he is "lights out" from the arc) is NOWHERE NEAR an NBA Starting PG. Plus, I think J. Williams will stop the HEAT from "nuttin' up" under pressure. He plays "loose" and sometimes you need that.
During the second half of the season, he didn't even play at the end of games. Earl Watson did. J Will is not a better pressure player than Wade. The one thing that is too "loose" about his game is defense. He plays none.

Back