Largest HBCUs in the US

Not bad at all considering that we are not an urban school. And we are still growing.

yes the only non-urban school in the top 10. I expect PV to exceed 9,000 within the next 2 years with all of the upgrades, increased access and visibility, and aggressive recruiting.

yes the only non-urban school in the top 10. I expect PV to exceed 9,000 within the next 2 years with all of the upgrades, increased access and visibility, and aggressive recruiting.

My thinking exactly as I looked @ those above PVAMU right now. Rural setting but continuing explosive growth in that NW-like corridor. W/ the continued agreements w/ several large(r) school districts AND aggressively recruiting the outer-fringe(d) areas [rurals], PVAMU can easily exceed the 10K mark soonest. 2020 is almost upon us and we do have a state mandate in place for increased enrollment. ::read::

My thinking exactly as I looked @ those above PVAMU right now. Rural setting but continuing explosive growth in that NW-like corridor. W/ the continued agreements w/ several large(r) school districts AND aggressively recruiting the outer-fringe(d) areas [rurals], PVAMU can easily exceed the 10K mark soonest. 2020 is almost upon us and we do have a state mandate in place for increased enrollment. ::read::
Not being in an urban area doesnt really impact size of colleges. Well,traditionally it hasn't. It is actually much easier to expand your campus in a rural area vs urban. I think JSU could accommodate about 15k eventually but after that, it would be a headache.

Not being in an urban area doesnt really impact size of colleges. Well,traditionally it hasn't. It is actually much easier to expand your campus in a rural area vs urban. I think JSU could accommodate about 15k eventually but after that, it would be a headache.

Not the physical aspect but moreso the attractiveness of a LOT of urban-dwellers to attend an urban school vs traveling far out to attend a rural school. For example, imho, it would be an easier sell for Texas Southern to recruit/retain a Houston resident than for PVAMU to drag them out of the city to rural agricultural heaven.

Your 100 percent right. My girl n I was talkn about that a couple of days ago how if JSU was n the rural area we could expand more without having to set a side millions to buy homes and land.

BR Community College has killed S.U. enrollment in addition to closed admission. S.U. over the years have slipped from number 3 in enrollment to now 13 in Louisiana. Louisiana politicians have basically butchered S.U. enrollment......

Not the physical aspect but moreso the attractiveness of a LOT of urban-dwellers to attend an urban school vs traveling far out to attend a rural school. For example, imho, it would be an easier sell for Texas Southern to recruit/retain a Houston resident than for PVAMU to drag them out of the city to rural agricultural heaven.

I think its moreso a matter of convenience as well. For the non-traditional student, urban schools allow them to work as well as go to school. That's why schools like TSU and UH will always have a high percentage of commuters as students

BR Community College has killed S.U. enrollment in addition to closed admission. S.U. over the years have slipped from number 3 in enrollment to now 13 in Louisiana. Louisiana politicians have basically butchered S.U. enrollment......

True, but S.U. enrollment is back on the fast track of climbing again. They are staring at another record breaking freshman class. S.U. is now targeting more students beyond the normal recruiting areas when we were in college. Plus, S.U. has the technical programs such as Engineering to attract a lot of foreign students. If S.U. keeps this up, it should easily surpass schools like Northwestern State.

SU setting stage for large fall freshman class
http://www.subr.edu/index.cfm/newsroom/detail/928

Back