JSU, What's the score of the scrimmage

dba5a642392211e39d1322000ab5c007_7.jpg

Enjoy!

DAMN and JS2DP said 17? Look more like 30k

DAMN and JS2DP said 17? Look more like 30k

My # is based off where I sit in the stands. I couldn't see all the way over to the south-west end or how many was above me in the upper level.
After seeing pics on Facebook & Instagram It shocked me. I was proud to see that it was far more than I thought.
I don't care though. Attendance #s aren't counted for this game so I didn't bother to correct myself or post #s that'll cause some to debate it.

Just know that the absence of Gram's team & band took our HC to another level.
It was truly off the chain. Words can't express how hype homecoming was
Friday on the yard was epic. the Friday- Day Parties... EPIC!
The tailgating was On Point!
Couldn't have asked for a better HC :tup:

I arrived in Jackson on Thursday.
Thursday:
Hilton Garden Hotel Delta Party
The Penguin Restaurant for some Jazz

Friday:
Stamp Burger 11:00
Lunch with Friends at Penguin 12-1:30
Plaza Block Party 1:30-4:00
Day Party at Freelons 4:30-7:30
All-Greek Party at Marriott 10:00-1:45

Saturday:
Breakfast at Marriott 8:30-9:05
Homecoming Parade 9:00-10:30
Tailgate 12:00-2:00
Game/Boom/Concert 2:00-3:30
Tailgate 3:30-8:00
Birthday Party at Hilton Garden Hotel 9:00-11:45
J-Sette/Alumni Party at Convention Center 12:00-2:00

Sunday:
Breakfast at Marriott
Returned home!

Awesome Homecoming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I walked in that bad boy and just smiled. It was fans all on the visitors side.. And the tailgate was like we actually had a game...white folks stop me everywhere I went asking about the game. Jsu gear on of course..Hit two day parties,hit the yard at 11. Chopped it up with Robber,Southsuburbs and a host of alums...Saw Clark trent on the yard at the day parties...Saw TP and chopped it up with him at the J Sette alumni party last night. Met JState at the Freelon Day party. Broke myself in the bookstore...lol..Man we went hard.I hit town Thursday night...Good times...

I think more fans will start to tailgate now. The administration definitely needs to build from this and promote things outside the stadium in addition to the game.

Hey GR how long was it before y'all told these Hicks there wasn't going to be a game? :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's the difference in people that know what their doing and backwoods bumblers from Louisiana that would have paniced. :lol:

People showed up Friday and Saturday claming their tailgate spots as ususal. Then we all went into memorial and had a great time. You bumpkins from Louisiana didn't stop the party. Scrimmage, photo op with players walking through the stands, the band did the halftime festivities, and a mini concert after that.

Then we all went back out to the tailgates and continued the parties until the real parties started that night. :lmao:

JSU didn't even have a game and got more people into Memorial than most of you get for a game that is actually played in your stadiums. :lmao:

Last edited:
Exciting! 15-17k in the stands partying and enjoying themselves.
The tailgating experience was on another level. :tup:
(We had a few gram. Fans show up and mingle with us).
The football team hung out in the stands with fans at halftime. They really enjoyed that and they finally got to enjoy the Sonic Boom's Halftime Show. They even had fun along the sidelines after halftime , mocking the band & drum majors.
It was hilarious.
The r&b concert after the scrimmage was cool too.
Everything was free & a success.

Grambling's absence didn't stop us from being Great! Unlike most SWAC schools; our Homecoming is bigger than just a football game.
When I drove up to the stadium and saw all those cars and tents, I had the biggest smile on my face. We truly showed up and showed out.

I arrived in Jackson on Thursday.
Thursday:
Hilton Garden Hotel Delta Party
The Penguin Restaurant for some Jazz

Friday:
Stamp Burger 11:00
Lunch with Friends at Penguin 12-1:30
Plaza Block Party 1:30-4:00
Day Party at Freelons 4:30-7:30
All-Greek Party at Marriott 10:00-1:45

Saturday:
Breakfast at Marriott 8:30-9:05
Homecoming Parade 9:00-10:30
Tailgate 12:00-2:00
Game/Boom/Concert 2:00-3:30
Tailgate 3:30-8:00
Birthday Party at Hilton Garden Hotel 9:00-11:45
J-Sette/Alumni Party at Convention Center 12:00-2:00

Sunday:
Breakfast at Marriott
Returned home!

Awesome Homecoming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh Dude, you went to Stamp Burger at 11 am and had enough room for lunch with Friends a hour later. LOL. You are a bad man.

That's the difference in people that know what their doing and backwoods bumblers from Louisiana that would have paniced. :lol:

People showed up Friday and Saturday claming their tailgate spots as ususal. Then we all went into memorial and had a great time. You bumpkins from Louisiana didn't stop the party. Scrimmage, photo op with players walking through the stands, the band did the halftime festivities, and a mini concert after that.

Then we all went back out to the tailgates and continued the parties until the real parties started that night. :lmao:

JSU didn't even have a game and got more people into Memorial than most of you get for a game that is actually played in your stadiums. :lmao:

C'mon Frat. That would not have happened in BR. We have scrimmages with a lot of people showing up. LOL. Homecoming wouldn't have stopped on the Bluff either. You must have not ever been to BR during one of our homecomings. Folks ain't thinking about no opponent. LOL. Mofos be to fugged up to. The party would have went on. SU is known for being a party school. Ain't nothing changed. Especially with the old heads. Maybe the students new school arse would have bounced. But the old school would kept the yard going. If you think Mumford would have been dead because someone didn't show. Then I got some SWAMP Land to sell you. Hell even our alumni band is marching about 200 plus mofos these days.

The tailgate area was sold out according to security at the entrance. It was packed!! One of the BEST tailgates in a long time.

I know there was free parking for cars but I'm not sure if the tailgate area was free.

C'mon Frat. That would not have happened in BR. We have scrimmages with a lot of people showing up. LOL. Homecoming wouldn't have stopped on the Bluff either. You must have not ever been to BR during one of our homecomings. Folks ain't thinking about no opponent. LOL. Mofos be to fugged up to. The party would have went on. SU is known for being a party school. Ain't nothing changed. Especially with the old heads. Maybe the students new school arse would have bounced. But the old school would kept the yard going. If you think Mumford would have been dead because someone didn't show. Then I got some SWAMP Land to sell you. Hell even our alumni band is marching about 200 plus mofos these days.
Man aint nobody talking about ole sorry ass SU. Yall wouldna had shit. How come everytime somebody talks about attendance somebody from SU has to raise their ugly head. Yall just like Grambling....yall aint shit either. Im sick of this.

Frat............... :lol:
You know I'm never going to let people live this down. After seeing that many people showing up saying fugg it, lets have a good time, can't nobody tell me crap about JSU fans not supporting anymore. That was the tailgate mother of all Tailgates. People knew there was no game so that oil and food never stopped flowing. Bobby even bought up a jug of that SHINE. I have never seen that many frats / soro's that drunk and well fed before in my life. And you know that is saying a lot. :lol:

The tailgating scene was epic. You could really tell that folks enjoyed themselves. It was packed! I really believe that all of this worked out for JSU fans, though. It gave folks a chance to really mingle, to come together and move forward. That was the vibe I got...added with folks wanting to party. :lol:

Now imagine if we had all of this happening on the yard once a venue is built!

Uh Dude, you went to Stamp Burger at 11 am and had enough room for lunch with Friends a hour later. LOL. You are a bad man.
He just watched them eat at the Penguin. If he ate a Stamp Burger, he didn't eat again until that night. Then again, he just might be a bad man!!!

Naw Bruh, I'm not that bad. I just went to lunch with them.

LOL. I was just messing with you man. I was like if I go to Stamps. I am done for awhile. LOL. Just bring on the drinks at that point. Glad to see yall had fun regardless. Actually that is what Homecoming is about.

LOL. I was just messing with you man. I was like if I go to Stamps. I am done for awhile. LOL. Just bring on the drinks at that point. Glad to see yall had fun regardless. Actually that is what Homecoming is about.

Man, you better drink a couple glasses of red wine to help digest that bad boy.

He just watched them eat at the Penguin. If he ate a Stamp Burger, he didn't eat again until that night. Then again, he just might be a bad man!!!

Rob, you're right about not eating until later. I promise i'm not that bad. That was my first one this season. I have to get another one next month.

Man aint nobody talking about ole sorry ass SU. Yall wouldna had shit. How come everytime somebody talks about attendance somebody from SU has to raise their ugly head. Yall just like Grambling....yall aint shit either. Im sick of this.

:lol: GR going to stamp burger ain't no damn party :lol:

From looking at the pics we should schedule Homecoming during a bye week every year. We should have know that the sorry SWAC was bringing us down.

Back