JSU foundation audit shows thousands in undocumented expenses

Do you think JSU president is becoming incompetent

• Yes

• No

• She's doing a great job !!

• I Dnt really know yet !!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jackson State should have had employees in place reviewing employees card charges at least monthly. If improper charges were made, the employees should paid those charges back immediately or the total charges should have been zapped from their paychecks and they should face disciplinary action!

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Jackson State should have had employees in place reviewing employees card charges at least monthly. If improper charges were made, the employees should pay those charges back immedately or have the total charges zapped from their paychecks.
I agree, apparently there wasn't a clear understanding of what the charge card was to be used for. But Hoard over did it, he was alleged to have done this at NC A&T. I'm sure rent, light bills wasn't included in the acceptable use of the card. I can kind of see the presidents' use of the card was slightly justified and acceptable but Hoard hell nawl. I thinks it's just a misunderstanding especially with them willingly giving those funds back without any legal actions needed. It just needs to be some better structure within the foundation.

Last edited:
I'm just wondering what took the C-L so long to break this story. I learned about this almost two years ago. Hoard paid back any money that couldn't be justified. Then after the TigerDome presser fiasco, it was time for him to go.

I'm just wondering what took the C-L so long to break this story. I learned about this almost two years ago. Hoard paid back any money that couldn't be justified. Then after the TigerDome presser fiasco, it was time for him to go.
When it comes to the C-L it was probably to cause a greater negative impact at a time when nothing negative about jsu was in people minds.

Maybe this is why Meyer was firing everybody.

When you do wrong, you want to eliminate snitches.

And she'll have a fan club regardless of what she does

This was some BS from the Clarionledger. It didn't even make sense. All it caused was a wave of negative and wrongful rumors in which it was successful. To break it all down. There was a error on the JSU foundation which in terms is not apart of the university. They are a private support group, in athletics terms similar to a booster club with no direct affiliation with the university. If anything Myers had justifiable use of the what she used and hoard who most likely had a nice chunk in which couldn't be justified but he paid what couldn't be justified bck to the foundation which equals back out. This just really allowed the foundation to strengthen it's polices and management of there expenditures. The C-L made it look more than it really was. There was no true undocumented use of funds the way they wanted the reader to think. The foundation just had to many loose ends of the do's and Dnt of the card even though hoard I'm sure knew some of his purchases were no where near appropriate. That's all, there was no criminal act to this. Just a mis-understanding. So yea THEE still on there shit. Honestly this is probably what happen with hoard at NCA&T. He didn't commit a Criminal act with those funds, he's just heavy with the card. Lmao

So why would the Clarion Ledger wait so long to public the story?

I have said it before I am fan of JSU's president and it seems that if this was news worthy they would have blown this up. Hell shit go down at GSU the newspapers report on it for 18 months until some other shit happens.

Last edited:
So why would the Clarion Ledger wait so long to public the story?

I have said it before I am fan of JSU's president and it seems that if this was news worthy they would have blown this up. Hell shit go down at GSU the newspapers report on it for 18 months until some other shit happens.
Man I'm not sure where your from but most in the Jackson area know the C-L and hbcus are no fan of each other. Honestly this was perfect timeing to post something negative about JSU. Tony Hughes drawing a bit to much positive attention. Oh trust me they know exactly what they did. It really didn't even make sense. You can tell in the press conference that it was irrelevant and some BS. The only reporter asking questions was C-L. She asked why JSU didn't tell there donors, students and media about the incident but again the JSU foundation is a support group of the Univeristy. They Dnt owe the students r media any insight on minor situations like this. And she asked why didn't JSU notify there donors of the situation. As far as the donors, I'm sure quit a few of them knew of the situation. Again this was not official Univeristy business so the individuals the reporter was asking why didn't JSU be more transparent to wasn't even individuals who were apart of the foundation. I can see notifying the donors but not the students and the public. So again this was really so irrelevant. And the main point was all the funds that couldn't be justified was reimbursed back to the foundation without any problems. Soooo C-L your point ? And the IHL launched an investigation just to be nosey of what JSU had finiacially within that group. Trust me this state doesn't want JSU to get to far ahead. They steadily cutting the budget and JSU is yet to complain as much as they figured we should. We are little bit to quite for there likings.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I get its a donors fund but the students should have informed because when they leave they become the potential donors. Getting the news this way doesn't help. Also why in the world did so many people have access to funds? I mean damn, who is watching who. Regardless of the foundation not being part of the school its essentially extension school due to its name.

Now the Pres must have pissed off someone in the last few months for this to get out now with the C.L. But let's remember, a lot of white folks were pissed The First Lady did a wonderful commencement speech and ripped into MS lawmakers in her speech. So this could be some get back on their end. Cause this is old news but I would not put anything pass these whites in this great state of MS.

Man I'm not sure where your from but most in the Jackson area know the C-L and hbcus are no fan of each other. Honestly this was perfect timeing to post something negative about JSU. Tony Hughes drawing a bit to much positive attention. Oh trust me they know exactly what they did. It really didn't even make sense. You can tell in the press conference that it was irrelevant and some BS. The only reporter asking questions was C-L. She asked why JSU didn't tell there donors, students and media about the incident but again the JSU foundation is a support group of the Univeristy. They Dnt owe the students r media any insight on minor situations like this. And she asked why didn't JSU notify there donors of the situation. As far as the donors, I'm sure quit a few of them knew of the situation. Again this was not official Univeristy business so the individuals the reporter was asking why didn't JSU be more transparent to wasn't even individuals who were apart of the foundation. I can see notifying the donors but not the students and the public. So again this was really so irrelevant. And the main point was all the funds that couldn't be justified was reimbursed back to the foundation without any problems. Soooo C-L your point ? And the IHL launched an investigation just to be nosey of what JSU had finiacially within that group. Trust me this state doesn't want JSU to get to far ahead. They steadily cutting the budget and JSU is yet to complain as much as they figured we should. We are little bit to quite for there likings.

I live in Grambling so the only news about JSU I see is posted here. I just think it's all conspiracy against her because JSU is doing a good job academically in competing with the Mississippi white schools.

I live in Grambling so the only news about JSU I see is posted here. I just think it's all conspiracy against her because JSU is doing a good job academically in competing with the Mississippi white schools.
Yea your right and thats why. JSU only 3000 students for being larger than the university of Southern Mississippi.

JSU's Division of Institutional Advancement response to Clarion-Ledge article:

Recently, the local media chose to run a story citing "thousands in undocumented expenses" as reported in a Development Foundation Audit. It is unclear why the media chose to report on a matter that is nearly 2 years old, but since the 2014 Development Foundation Audit, all undocumented expenses have been repaid to the Foundation and several policy changes have been put in place to prevent future unauthorized transactions.

According to Sandra Hodge, the Interim Vice President of Institutional Advancement and Interim Executive Director of the Development Foundation, "We consider ourselves stewards of the donor dollar. As we do learn of any issues and concerns, we do move quickly to make changes. I would hope alumni and students trust we have done our due diligence to make sure their dollars are in good hands and spent as they were intended, as well."

View Ms. Hodge's statements regarding the Foundation:

On one hand, I HATE the attack dog media. They love digging up dirt and anything resembling dirt, but won't cover shyt when dirt gets done to us. Th Montgomery Advertiser is coming after ASU & Steve Harvey over CONTRACT details.

But dammit, stop giving them ammo! These negroes KNEW better. This shyt goes on EVERYWHERE. Not just HBCUs. But we get the reputation for it.

At the end of the day, we have to dot all I's and cross all T's. Period.

I get its a donors fund but the students should have informed because when they leave they become the potential donors. Getting the news this way doesn't help. Also why in the world did so many people have access to funds? I mean damn, who is watching who. Regardless of the foundation not being part of the school its essentially extension school due to its name.

Now the Pres must have pissed off someone in the last few months for this to get out now with the C.L. But let's remember, a lot of white folks were pissed The First Lady did a wonderful commencement speech and ripped into MS lawmakers in her speech. So this could be some get back on their end. Cause this is old news but I would not put anything pass these whites in this great state of MS.

Remember, in HBCU land, its "damn the students." Same way young folks have no voice in the black church. Our culture takes pride in pushing kids into a corner and forcing them to "stay in their place."

And then we wonder why they stray and act a damn fool.

Back