Jerry Rice to Kaepernick: All Lives (And The America Flag) Matter More Than Black Lives

I proudly stand when the National Anthem is played because it represents the rights of all Americans to voice their opinion. This to me is what makes the county exceptional!

Therein lies the paradox. You have the right to protest the thing that gives you the right to protest. But if you take issue with the protest then you don't value the freedom to protest.

I was not a proponent of the draft but I now believe it saved a lot of people from lives they would not have ordinarily lead.

My dad was in his first year of college at Southern when he was drafted in 1959. He did
Must respect to your Dad. Can only imagine when he served how difficult it had to have been.

3 tours in Vietnam and the 3rd tour a POW. Then returned home and spit on and called a baby killer. Yet, he called it all choice being the optimistic person that he was.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
And the fact that they we can do either is a beautiful thang.

That's what people are missing. There is a man or woman someplace dying right now with a military uniform on....whether they are in Iraq or someplace else...in order so that we can exercise whatever rights we like. Hell even post here.

That's what people are missing. There is a man or woman someplace dying right now with a military uniform on....whether they are in Iraq or someplace else...in order so that we can exercise whatever rights we like. Hell even post here.

But they aren't though.

For those who are up for the flag and the pissy song, it's your right, but hell if we gonna sing it, let's sing the whole song then..

Let's keep it all the way 100

So yeah the anthem was written by a Slavery Lover. Some of it was written with bad intentions towards us. .

+1. While we're enlightening each other, don't let me catch any of you singing that MF'ing "Amazing Grace" because that SOB created that damned song only AFTER he found out he was wrong for his historical and life-long treatment of slaves as a slaver (sodomization, rape, murder, mistreatment of slaves youngest to elder alike). Your boy is lost and now found lol john newton.

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind but now I see.

I'm not a damned "wretch" and I was never "lost" to be found.

Why did Rice feel he needed to say anything public at all. Call the young brother and share with him personally how this could affect him. Rice has been throwing darts lately for whatever reason. He didn't have to say a thing publically. Just agree to disagree!!!

This I sincerely agree with. I am actually shocked ole Jim Brown said he was with him a 100% but would have done something different. Normally he aint down with nothing them other folks say.

+1. While we're enlightening each other, don't let me catch any of you singing that MF'ing "Amazing Grace" because that SOB created that damned song only AFTER he found out he was wrong for his historical and life-long treatment of slaves as a slaver (sodomization, rape, murder, mistreatment of slaves youngest to elder alike). Your boy is lost and now found lol john newton.

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind but now I see.

I'm not a damned "wretch" and I was never "lost" to be found.
I crossed Amazing Grace off my list when Dr Joy DeGruy edumacated me.

My dad was in his first year of college at Southern when he was drafted in 1959. He did

3 tours in Vietnam and the 3rd tour a POW. Then returned home and spit on and called a baby killer. Yet, he called it all choice being the optimistic person that he was.
And Black WWII veterans had less rights than German prisoners of war (germans who were imprisoned in this country)......SMH.

Last edited:
Not that we forget. At this point that dude is gone and We are here. We are not leaving America. So we need to take what is ours and that Anthem no matter what HE intended is MINE. I OWN it. LOL. Not letting them off the hook by disowning America, the Anthem or Flag. Hell I need to take that Rebel Flag from them necks and Dixie. For if it was not for our people. Them good ole boys would have died in the South not knowing how to do nothing for themselves. Cotton send help.

The Jews do teach. But they OWN America now. LOL. They love the land that have many that mean them no good intentions either. That's all I am saying. They went about their business and next thing you knew, not only they were sitting at the table, they owned the table. Remember them other folks told them and the world they exaggerated the Holocaust or said it didn't happen. They got even economically in the long run. Community leadership was always key for them. That was their focus instead we like condemn each other for having different opinions.

As for Rice, he did a lot of stuff from what I understand for Valley. Don't know what the situation is now. He is probably detached. His brother taught us in Middle school after his stint with the Raiders was over. Brother is a JSU football Tiger Alum. Even though I disagree with Jerry on this one. I don't think he is a bad dude and not down for his alma mater or other black folks. There are a lot of HBCU grads who believe exactly in what Jerry just said. But support their schools to the upmost.

Like my mother said, we helped to build this country. We did it before and after the Civil War.

Francis Scott Key, like Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Jefferson Davis, Ulysses S. Grant, and Abraham Lincoln, is dead, but the affects of their actions are with us today. Look at the right to vote taken away from ex-felons. It did not start 30-40 years ago. We can go back to the 1870s. Look at the words of Virginia's Carter Glass a little over 100 years ago (link).

The Jews suffered under Jim Crow too. Look at the case of Leo Frank and Mary Phagan in Atlanta. Frank was found guilty with the partial help of a Black man and sentenced to death. (Some hated Jews more than they did Black people.) His sentence was commuted by the governor, but Frank was lynched in 1915 in what is now Marietta. The Jews realized after this and other situations that they needed to stick together, and we see the results of their actions today.

This I sincerely agree with. I am actually shocked ole Jim Brown said he was with him a 100% but would have done something different. Normally he aint down with nothing them other folks say.

I am not surprised by Brown's words on Kaepernick.

Like my mother said, we helped to build this country. We did it before and after the Civil War.

Francis Scott Key, like Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Jefferson Davis, Ulysses S. Grant, and Abraham Lincoln, is dead, but the affects of their actions are with us today. Look at the right to vote taken away from ex-felons. It did not start 30-40 years ago. We can go back to the 1870s. Look at the words of Virginia's Carter Glass a little over 100 years ago (link).

The Jews suffered under Jim Crow too. Look at the case of Leo Frank and Mary Phagan in Atlanta. Frank was found guilty with the partial help of a Black man and sentenced to death. (Some hated Jews more than they did Black people.) His sentence was commuted by the governor, but Frank was lynched in 1915 in what is now Marietta. The Jews realized after this and other situations that they needed to stick together, and we see the results of their actions today.

I am not surprised by Brown's words on Kaepernick.

I am not a fan at all of Brown. He is a woman beater. Just was surprised he was on the fence on the method Kap used. Made the comments that aint like Kap some professor or something to that effect. Saying he has friends like that. So I took it as he was saying Kap was somewhat ignorant or naive or something. Basically talked out of both sides of his mouth. LOL. So I assume ole Brown don't have any issues with the Flag and Anthem based on his comments.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The flag doesn't just represent the military let's not forget that. Also Jerry "Tap Dancer" Rice all lives do matter but the American government and few blacks don't seem to think that way. The people in America say "All lives matter" but when a white guy gets 3 months in kiddy camp for raping a woman while a brother gets 15 years on just accusations it makes it hard for me to believe it. But you guys can continue to support that flag. It's your right to do so but I'm with Kap on this one. I will support the flag when it holds true to all lives

I hope more blacks start wearing kap jerseys

A few activist I know bought some 49ers Kap shirts a few days ago.

Yes I stand for the flag but I'm proud of kaepernick for using his celebrity as a platform for change. I also want to thank him for exposing so many coons and racist people.

The flag doesn't just represent the military let's not forget that. Also Jerry "Tap Dancer" Rice all lives do matter but the American government and few blacks don't seem to think that way. The people in America say "All lives matter" but when a white guy gets 3 months in kiddy camp for raping a woman while a brother gets 15 years on just accusations it makes it hard for me to believe it. But you guys can continue to support that flag. It's your right to do so but I'm with Kap on this one. I will support the flag when it holds true to all lives

When do we start doing something about that other than marching and cussing white folks out?

When do we stop begging for cops and everyone else to respect us when WE don't respect each other.

We can blame the government all day long but WHO is telling those black boys in Chicago that they don't matter every day?

Folks are tired of hearing what everyone else must do for a group of folks who refuse to follow their won advice. Don't tell cops to snitch out bad cops when we don't police ourselves.

Sorry Kap-not standing for the flag isn't going to change anything. That is easy to do-lets see him get in a cop's face with that mess. While he is at it get in Pookie's face too and tell him to stop that nonsense.

Back