Jackson State

bluphiiijsu

Creative Director
Jackson State’s Tinsley, Williams To Run With Big Boys On ESPN
By Henry Goolsby
JSU Athletic Media Relations

JACKSON, Miss. - Jackson State University gets to strut its stuff this weekend before a nationally-televised ESPN audience during a track and field showcase at Carson, Calif.

All-Americans Michael Tinsley and Joel Williams are the only collegians invited to participate in the prestigious Adidas Track Classic set for Sunday, May 21 at 1 p.m.

Be mindful that if you tune in at 1:10 p.m., you will miss both Tinsley and Williams in their respective events. Tinsley goes after the 400 meter hurdle title at 1:03 p.m., while Williams goes after the 800M crown at 1:08 p.m.

“If you don’t tune in early, you’re going to miss seeing two of the best young collegians to ever hit the track,” said JSU track coach Dr. Edmond Donald. “The fact that they’re the only two college athletes invited says it all.”

Tinsley was ranked No. 1 nationwide all season in the 400 hurdles, and is currently No. 6 in the world. His season-best of 48.70 seconds came in April at the Texas Relays. Williams has been in the Top 20 nationwide all season in the 800M, and No. 5 in the region.

“I’m extremely honored and flattered that our kids get to showcase their talents on a national level,” Donald added. “We’ve been running at a high level all year, and this is a showcase for all the nation to see.

“We’re competing against gold medallists, Olympians and professionals. It’s really a good tune-up for Mike. He hit that (season-best) mark real early and we had him working on other stuff.”

http://www.jsutigers.com/sports/indoor_track_m/185

http://www.adidastrackclassic.com/2006/index.htm

Re: Jackson State’s Tinsley, Williams To Run With Big Boys On ESPN

bluphiiijsu said:
Jackson State’s Tinsley, Williams To Run With Big Boys On ESPN
By Henry Goolsby
JSU Athletic Media Relations

JACKSON, Miss. - Jackson State University gets to strut its stuff this weekend before a nationally-televised ESPN audience during a track and field showcase at Carson, Calif.

All-Americans Michael Tinsley and Joel Williams are the only collegians invited to participate in the prestigious Adidas Track Classic set for Sunday, May 21 at 1 p.m.

Be mindful that if you tune in at 1:10 p.m., you will miss both Tinsley and Williams in their respective events. Tinsley goes after the 400 meter hurdle title at 1:03 p.m., while Williams goes after the 800M crown at 1:08 p.m.

“If you don’t tune in early, you’re going to miss seeing two of the best young collegians to ever hit the track,” said JSU track coach Dr. Edmond Donald. “The fact that they’re the only two college athletes invited says it all.”

Tinsley was ranked No. 1 nationwide all season in the 400 hurdles, and is currently No. 6 in the world. His season-best of 48.70 seconds came in April at the Texas Relays. Williams has been in the Top 20 nationwide all season in the 800M, and No. 5 in the region.

“I’m extremely honored and flattered that our kids get to showcase their talents on a national level,” Donald added. “We’ve been running at a high level all year, and this is a showcase for all the nation to see.

“We’re competing against gold medallists, Olympians and professionals. It’s really a good tune-up for Mike. He hit that (season-best) mark real early and we had him working on other stuff.”

http://www.jsutigers.com/sports/indoor_track_m/185

http://www.adidastrackclassic.com/2006/index.htm
Way to go dude. That was a really good run. Way to represent our University on National televison. Keep running for the gold. Awsome......:)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

TBone2 said:
Way to go dude. That was a really good run. Way to represent our University on National televison. Keep running for the gold. Awsome......:)
I think we need more representation on National Television other that show that tells all about Grambling downfalls during the year. I forgot the name of the show but it comes on every week. :)

TBone2 said:
I think we need more representation on National Television other that than show that tells all about Grambling downfalls during the year. I forgot the name of the show but it comes on every week. :)
Don't get me wrong it is a good show but enough is enough. Have you noticed that on the show they never should grambling playing a real university like J.S.U.:)

Frat, you late it was this PAST Sunday. I missed it too. I forgot until I was talking to another lady (alum) about track in a store. Actually @ 1:03 I was still in church! :lol:

I saw Tinsley run on Sunday and he lead the race until the final 15-yards or so. The other cat barely edged him out. He looked good and finished second.

Y'all can click on that addidas link above and get the results. Tinsley lost out by .02. Joel Willams finished 11 out of 14 in the 800M. He ran a 1:49.30

Back