Isaiah Crowell returns home to talk education, second chances with school kids

Sting

A year ago, Isaiah Crowell was wondering where he'd be drafted in the NFL. On Wednesday, the Cleveland Browns running back and former Alabama State star spent time talking to students at his former schools in Columbus, Georgia about education.

On Tuesday, the man who rushed for 607 yards and 9 touchdowns as an undrafted rookie last season, visited his former schools — Dawson Elementary, Rothschild Middle and Carver High — to speak with the students about work ethic, responding to adversity and achieving dreams. They are three subjects the 22-year-old is very familiar with. “The main thing (I wanted to tell the students) is really just to listen,” he said. “Listen to the people that care about you — the parents and teachers and coaches — because they’re not going to tell you wrong. And basically, just keep your nose clean because I don’t want to see anyone go through what I went through.”

http://www.hbcugameday.com/2015/02/...5/02/isaiah-crowell-returns-home-to-talk.html

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
This is some great news right here and he certainly does have a story to tell.

What we must all remember when we pass judgement on these young college athletes and even young pro athletes, are that they are just that "Young"! I know that at 18 and even 22 years old, I was out wilding and acting a fool with dayum near no money in my pockets, LOL!

Wishing Crowell all the best!

Back