Is the Quality of SWAC Football Coaching subpar?

Yall smalltime! I said to say again Worry about AAMU who has not won anything lately even on JSU down year..... you should really Love your school ( circus) more

So that's a "no" on the avatar bet?

StUeh4y.jpg

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
"Even if the results aren't there yet" but Jackson is a bad coach? You were in fourth place but Jackson is a bad hire.Lol Lol Lol. Ok.

Your own alums knew Jackson is a downgrade from Comegy. Why else would they petition to have him fired in year 1?

I never said Jackson was a bad coach. I said he was a downgrade from Comegy and doesn't have a prior HC record to show us what he's capable of. Learn the difference and stop making an embarrasment of yourself.

He doesn't have to show you anything lol. If he wins just one championship, he wouldn't be a down grade because that's all we got out of Comegy. I don't think he's any worse than the other swac coaches even if the results aren't there yet.

"Even if the results aren't there yet" but Jackson is a bad coach? You were in fourth place but Jackson is a bad hire.Lol Lol Lol. Ok.
Correction, a tie with JSU for 3rd in the East. However, the tiebreaker is head to head, which we beat JStank with our 5th string qb. A&M officially was 3rd in the East and JSU 4th!

IMHO the only way we can gauge this is by removing the 9 game mandate and play a larger pool of schools. Meaning our schools would need schedule more ranked FCS programs period.

I really believe if Southern wouldve had all there players against NWSt that game wouldve been alot closer than the final score. Coach Odums is bringing in so great talent to Southern.

I really believe if Southern wouldve had all there players against NWSt that game wouldve been alot closer than the final score. Coach Odums is bringing in so great talent to Southern.
Crazy turnovers on our own side of the field in the 1st quarter also doomed us.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Yall smalltime! I said to say again Worry about AAMU who has not won anything lately even on JSU down year..... you should really Love your school ( circus) more
If u think about it Comegy beat teams that we normally beat. How could people solely judge a coach off there first year. I would have said the same thing immediately after comegys first year if it didn't go well. I could see if JSU went 0-11, but 5-7 the first year still reserves respect. People keep saying Comegy can coach but it was more so the talent that was here versus coaching abilities. Whenever we play a team and our talent was better than the opponent then yes we win but when it's time for the coaches to make those decisions that prove there are good coaches he and his staff have failed every time. Comegy coaching ability was hidden by the talent of Jimmy Oliver, Casey and the last few years the swag was weak ( hopson first year, GSU forfeiting games, UAPB non relevant, MVSU we barely won. People want to say we lost to MVSU but the last past years we've only beaten Valley ONLY by a touchdown and one year it was by one point. Like is said when we beat MTSU everybody will be back on baord. So I respect everyone OPINION on here. I'm not with all the name calling.

The administrators decide what to do with funding programs, hiring coaches, firing coaches, NOT hiring coaches, NOT firing coaches...

If your University's athletic programs are swimming in the mud, don't just point the finger at the coaches. Hold those ADs, President's and VPs accountable.

As the saying goes, "everything starts at the top and rolls downhill."

I agree.

If u think about it Comegy beat teams that we normally beat. How could people solely judge a coach off there first year. I would have said the same thing immediately after comegys first year if it didn't go well. I could see if JSU went 0-11, but 5-7 the first year still reserves respect. People keep saying Comegy can coach but it was more so the talent that was here versus coaching abilities. Whenever we play a team and our talent was better than the opponent then yes we win but when it's time for the coaches to make those decisions that prove there are good coaches he and his staff have failed every time. Comegy coaching ability was hidden by the talent of Jimmy Oliver, Casey and the last few years the swag was weak ( hopson first year, GSU forfeiting games, UAPB non relevant, MVSU we barely won. People want to say we lost to MVSU but the last past years we've only beaten Valley ONLY by a touchdown and one year it was by one point. Like is said when we beat MTSU everybody will be back on baord. So I respect everyone OPINION on here. I'm not with all the name calling.
Well if coach Jackson has a season like he had last year things will turn real ugly real quick at jsu.

The administrators hire the coaches.

Case in point? Jackson State. Bad administrative decision to hire Jackson. Same way with A&M and Willie Hayes in basketball, and allowing Jones to run our football program into the ground. I'll be glad to see the day when the majority of SWAC ADs come from (or experienced) life in other conferences.

Alcorn is showing the rest of us how to climb out of the barrel. Problem is, will the other schools listen?

Thank you for acknowledging this, most won't.

on topic, yes the coaching is subpar which is why I think Alcorn has a very good chance at repeating. I remember a few years ago, people didn't understand where our 'confidence' was coming from believing that we were soon to be SWAC Champs. Once we got our new staff in place, we went into assessment mode of where we were. When we saw we could compete without a spring season, no recruits we understood the SWAC would be ours in a few years if things stayed intact. They did and the rest is history.

2 years ago it was horrible (D minus) at best, today I'll give it a C plus, we still have a long ways. Just our preparation going into these games are awful. We run 12 plays and then shut it down. but again, I'm not a fan of playing these schools anyway..so whatever...lol..I would like to see more younger faces on the sidelines 29-33 year olds cats calling plays etc..The SWAC needs to get younger, even if you want to keep a older coach per say, let him be the overseer of things.

Back