Is Alcorn vs. SU now considered a legit HBCU Rivalry?

That would be me. :D lol

I'mma need for y'all Jags to rededicate attention to your longest playing IC adversary. ::read:: We're trying to do out part to uphold some type of rivalry since we 2 are the eldest in the SWAC. Come on to Blackshear and try to put that L on us in our new diggs lol.

Sorry P. We are going to do that anyway, just like we did to close Blackshear down in our last visit. Tillery says hello. Quinn is coming. Menard etc. The Jukebox will be there to blow those aluminum new bleachers down. So don't worry P. The Jags will be there in force. It will be like a home game as usual in the Houston Metro err I mean Waller County area.:mad:

Not a rivalry from SU stand point. It has been more of an important game the last several years of course. But this game has always drawn well and been a friendly game of folks having a good time between fan bases. Now for us Jags it has become more of a focal point to win as the results have been in Alcorn's favor way too long for us Jags liking. But our rivals still remain FAMU, JSU and Gram. But the Alcorn and PV games have been more on the radar now as these games have more meaning. Alcorn fans are of course more vocal than have been in a long time. So that makes for more trash talking than it was in the past. Other than that. I don't know any SU alum that considers Alcorn a rival. We hate the snakes, JSU and Gram is a sibling rivalry so to speak.

Alcorn vs SU is a big game. But like I said. It has traditionally been a crowd friendly game.

j-state was always #1 obviously, but SU was #2. When I marched in SOD Southern was the only band that Griff had us putting in overtime practice. By the way. this 5 game win streak is e2nd to the 10 year streak back in the day

j-state was always #1 obviously, but SU was #2. When I marched in SOD Southern was the only band that Griff had us putting in overtime practice. By the way. this 5 game win streak is e2nd to the 10 year streak back in the day

It was nine games. That fish story was a tad bit smaller then you were told.

Last edited:
Not even close. We HATE them nasty snakes.

lol.gif

Show some self respect! Stop it. We don't need to create a situation where it appears we are looking for a rival. We are BACK TO BACK CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS! Fugg SU! Fugg JSU (broke arsses)! Fugg Gram (bigheaded, booger eating bastards), they haven't taken the crown. We don't need no stinkin rivals, we are at the curent pinnacle of SWAC football! Bask in this ish, prepare yourself to protect Spinks-Casem this Saturday. Again Fugg SU, Big Perm, all their crab-leg eating, gumbo-making, Zydeco-bounce dancing (I like that ish), RV driving, "cher" speaking, high-yellow color struck, parasol carrying, Negros!

SU vs Alcorn and SU vs. Grambling are friendly rivalries. SU vs. Grambling and Alabama State vs. AAMU are business ventures (Classics) more than they are rivalries. SU vs. JSU is a bitter rivalry.

Last edited:
Show some self respect! Stop it. We don't need to create a situation where it appears we are looking for a rival. We are BACK TO BACK CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS! Fugg SU! Fugg JSU (broke arsses)! Fugg Gram (bigheaded, booger eating bastards), they haven't taken the crown. We don't need no stinkin rivals, we are at the curent pinnacle of SWAC football! Bask in this ish, prepare yourself to protect Spinks-Casem this Saturday. Again Fugg SU, Big Perm, all their crab-leg eating, gumbo-making, Zydeco-bounce dancing (I like that ish), RV driving, "cher" speaking, high-yellow color struck, parasol carrying, Negros!

See I like this attitude right here!

Chu been sniffin mane?

Alcorn vs. SU = SU vs. FAMU
NO SIR!!!
Sorry P. We are going to do that anyway, just like we did to close Blackshear down in our last visit. Tillery says hello. Quinn is coming. Menard etc. The Jukebox will be there to blow those aluminum new bleachers down. So don't worry P. The Jags will be there in force. It will be like a home game as usual in the Houston Metro err I mean Waller County area.:mad:
:D:D:D

Man all SU folks wanna do is get up to the reservation on TODAY in their Rvs, fish in our lake, drank and cook with freedom on the reservation. Then on Sat morning bout 1am they start rolling in setting up their lil tailgates trying to leave us with no room (I enjoy the scene). Talking shit, eating and drinking good all damn day. (Did I say I enjoy the scene?) But SU fans do know (they hope that others don't bring it up) the only team in the SWAC that has an overall winning record against them is ALCORN! And not by just a few games I may add.

Last edited:
Man all SU folks wanna do is get up to the reservation on TODAY in their Rvs, fish in our lake, drank and cook with freedom on the reservation. Then on Sat morning bout 1am they start rolling in setting up their lil tailgates trying to leave us with no room (I enjoy the scene). Talking shit, eating and drinking good all damn day. (Did I say i enjoy the scene?) But SU fans do know (they hope that others don't bring it up) the only team in the SWAC that has an overall winning record against them is ALCORN! And not by just a few games I may add.

Negro please.....that's been made note of long before your country butt starting posting on this board.

@bluedog, calm down, calm down. I been deep in the SWAC long before posting buddy. I been entrenched in the SWAC back to the days Southern payed to get Casem from Alcorn. I was stating a fact that apparently stings quite a bit from your response. Its ok just bring your ass for that country whipping this weekend!

From where did the bad blood between FAMU and SU originate? What's the historical match-up record? When was the last meeting? Enlighten a brother.

Back