I Am Looking For Old Skool Black College Football Game On VHS!

wahines

1_gsufan
I have been a huge Black College Football Fan since I was 10 years old. I am trying to build one of the largest collection of HBCU Football Game on VHS. I am looking for anything with Jerry Rice, Steve "Air" McNair, Grambling and any classic games that you guys can think of. Does anyone have any Old Skool HBCU Football Games on VHS that they would like to share with me. PM me if you do. :bowdown:

If you find them, I would be interested in getting my hands on some of them also. You might want to check with those bandheads. They have tapes for days.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
somebody should seriously consider remastering the game tapes and putting them in a box DVD set...i'm sure there would be a market..even just for us HBCU fanatics

I wonder if BET would be interested in publishing their archieve? They should have immediate access to more games than any one person could dream of owning.

TPII

I guess the next best thing is to start recording them on DVD now so that in 10-15 years we'll have a partial collection any way.I would love to get a hold of some old footage from the 50's and 60's of HBCU football at its peak.I think I'll start contacting the athletic departments of individual schools to see what they have,then take that and find someone who can put it on DVD.This could turn into a very enterprising idea.

Butch Wms, that is an excellent idea. I have some games back from 1999 to last year. I had games back far as the Hertiage Bowl between Grambling and FAMU, Steve "Air" McNair Games and then someone broke into my house and stole all of those classic games. I will contact some of the schools also and see what they have.

Fiyah I did this same post last year. I am alway looking for Old Skool HBCU Football Games to add to my collection. :nod:

I did get my hands on the 1994 Circle City Classic between SC. ST and Jackson St., the 1994 Hertiage Bowl between Grambling and SC. ST and the 1993 North Carolina A&T Homecoming Game between A&T and Howard when Jay "Sky" Walker scrambled for a touchdown in overtime to beat the Aggies before a sellout crowd of 25,000. I am looking for more games. :nod:

wahines said:
Fiyah I did this same post last year. I am alway looking for Old Skool HBCU Football Games to add to my collection. :nod:

. :nod:

I know because didn't I send you a GSU tape myself.

Journalist said:
somebody should seriously consider remastering the game tapes and putting them in a box DVD set...i'm sure there would be a market..even just for us HBCU fanatics

That's a really good idea. That's a mint just waiting to be made.

Somebody is going to capitalize on that idea!!!

Y'all better jump to it....like....yesterday!

:winkgrin:

If anyone has the 93 SU vs. Alcorn game at Mumford, let me know. I was there and that's the only game while in undergrad I stayed the entire time.

I used to have a collection of all the BET games, including all the times JSU was on. We had a house fire, so I don't have them anymore. I would love to have those classic games. It'll get u thru the summer.

I think that we can all agree on money being made for the sale of CD's and videos. I am willing to buy not only games on my school, but also on other classic games of different HBCU's.

Maybe we all need to call BET and see if they still have those games from back in the 80's and 90's still in their collection. I wish we could get BET, ESPNU or someone to show those games. If they made them a collection set to buy, I would be one of the first in line to purchase.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back