How Important are Uniforms to Recruits?

PV_Sigma7

Think twice, speak once
I've seen this discussion on here many times... Check out where Russell Athletics is ranked... :eek::(

http://footballscoop.com/news/100-r...recruiting-process-and-the-style-they-prefer/

The guys at Pick Six Previews took 100 recruits (most of which were either sophomores or juniors in high school) and surveyed them about just how important the uniform is in the recruiting process. According to the article, they picked sophomores and juniors because they’re still early on in the recruiting process and “the goal of this survey is to gauge how well schools are positioning themselves in the minds of recruits before perceptions may be altered by relationships with coaches, official visits, and the rest of the ‘sales’ process.”

Those 100 recruits were then asked a series of questions. 72 out of 100 of them believe that the statement “Uniforms have a great impact on my perception of a team” is either “Moderately True” or “Very True”, while just 11 recruits responded “Very False”.

Perhaps most interesting is that recruits were then asked if a school’s uniform will impact their college decision – 31 responded “Very False” to that statement, while 24 said “Moderately False,” 26 said “Moderately True,” and just 7 said “Very True”.

Unsurprisingly, Nike was the “coolest” brand ranked by recruits, garnering a 9.5 out of 10 score, while Adidas came in second (8.1), followed closely by Under Armour (7.9). Recruits surveyed ranked Russell Athletic the least cool brand with a score of just 2.9 out of 10.

Some of that could be perceived from the top company's (Nike, Under Armor, etc) sponsoring football camps and giving these recruits their stuff. I don't think that Russell has any camps and these young men arn't familiar with it.

Some of that could be perceived from the top company's (Nike, Under Armor, etc) sponsoring football camps and giving these recruits their stuff. I don't think that Russell has any camps and these young men arn't familiar with it.

They don't just sponsor camps. They sponsor actual youth TEAMS. I know a trainer who just got a sponsorship from Adidas. Adidas sent him the WORKS for his 7v7 team last week!

They don't just sponsor camps. They sponsor actual youth TEAMS. I know a trainer who just got a sponsorship from Adidas. Adidas sent him the WORKS for his 7v7 team last week!

Underarmour sponsored our football camp one year for the nonprofit I help run.

If anyone thinks that uniforms don't have some type of impact on recruiting they are not thinking properly. Some schools maintain a tradition of having a "bland" uniform take Alabama or LSU....nothing spectacular. Yet, other schools try to outdo another school say Oregon (which to me is an exception to the rule).

Does Russel sell any SWAC jerseys anywhere? I have not seen them.

That was one of the problems. It was said when they signed this deal the first time that you would be able to purchase them and that ended up not being true.

Then you had that thief in Baton Rouge taking peoples money for jerseys and never delivering them.

Does Russel sell any SWAC jerseys anywhere? I have not seen them.

I don't know about jerseys. However, my son did purchase a pair of Grambling shorts made by Russell last year at the Wal-mart in Ruston. We didn't see any jerseys though.

I don't know about jerseys. However, my son did purchase a pair of Grambling shorts made by Russell last year at the Wal-mart in Ruston. We didn't see any jerseys though.
They have SU shorts, shirts, hats, backpacks, lil girls cheerleader outfits, and jerseys in Walmarts in Baton Rouge.

Are they manufactured by Russell though?
Yes, well not sure about the backpacks and cheerleader outfits, but I know everything else was. I have several different pair's of the shorts and tee shirts. The jersey wasnt a game jersey but it's made by Russell.

Not just Alabama.. Penn State also. I see Georgia Tech on that top list of ugly uniforms. I wonder who makes their uniforms? ;)
My point is that Alabama gets the best of the best recruits most years even though the recruits surveyed think their uniforms are the ugliest in major college football.
The jersey was similar to this.
View attachment 4342
Those aren't made by Russell. We did sell a Russell jersey but that is not it.

At our level, it's not as important as someone getting looks from a P5 school but you would have to be naive if you think that it didn't play some part. We're married to Russell for at least 2 more years (barring our great commissioner re-upping sometime next year without our knowledge) so it's up to the school to make that 2010 Charger look as good as it can (stop just going with stock looks)

Back