Honestly, I couldn't play football today

Please, get your facts straight about the players back in the day. Jones was listed at 271. At least they did not protect certain QB's like they do today. You cannot touch Brady, Brees, Manning, Rogers, but you can blast Newton, Roethlisberger, Vick. How long would Brady last with no protection from the refs back then? You guys act like no Football was played back in the day. Let the guys play and if you do not want to get hit or hurt, then don't play. I guess Ronnie Lott at 6'0 and 203 was small back in the day also? Jack Tatum 5'10 210 was small also? Steve Atwater 6'3 220 playing safety also and he was small. Mel Blount was 6'3 205 Corner, but he was small also. Please, Football is Football and because the players are bigger today, they should be able to play more physical. But today's player are smarter than the players back then, being smart with their money and get out while your health is good.

http://www.nfl.com/player/tootalljones/2517868/profile
That's why I corrected him and said Jack Lambert played at 220. SMH

Um, that punt returner was on one knee when he caught the ball. meaning he was already down. that's not even talking about the blow to the head. yeah, should have been flagged.

But the guys that use to play in the gap was just as big and physical. Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Deacon Jones, Ronnie Lott, Jack Lambert, Ernie Ladd, etc..... There were giants on the field back then too. The difference was they were men back then. Now, they're wussy foot boys.

The rules were different back then too. Anybody saying the game is more dangerous today simply doesn't know what they're talking about.

The rules were different back then too. Anybody saying the game is more dangerous today simply doesn't know what they're talking about.
b17ae982228f7a4e6a31d37b534e451f.jpg

No teeth cause they got knocked out. Let me see players like this today.

Football today is MUCH more safe than it was even 15 years ago in the 90s. At ALL positions.

Kids today are taking muscle milk. Wanna know what they took in the 70s, 80s & 90s? Anabolic steroids. Some of you people have no earthly IDEA what the hell you're talking about. Receivers used to hate coming across the middle because they would get the SHYT knocked out of them by ILBs. You had 200lbs safeties who could bench 500+ lbs without breaking a sweat. Roids.

Jack Tatum almost killed a dude and didn't even get flagged. Today's game is much safer, and its not because 'kids these days are soft'... its because the rules have made the game safer and guys aren't shooting up roids & Torodol like they used to.

Some of yall need to do some damn research.

Football today, even with the emphasis on player safety, is still dangerous and takes a tremendous physical toll on the bodies of the people who play it even with advancement in nutrition and fitness. I don't know how players survived back in the day, and I don't know how they do it today.

Football today, even with the emphasis on player safety, is still dangerous and takes a tremendous physical toll on the bodies of the people who play it even with advancement in nutrition and fitness. I don't know how players survived back in the day, and I don't know how they do it today.

It is a dangerous sport, and its not for everybody. Football is a sport for tough, crazy men who have no regard for their bodies and 100% understand that every play can be their last time with movement in their limbs.

It is a dangerous sport, and its not for everybody. Football is a sport for tough, crazy men who have no regard for their bodies and 100% understand that every play can be their last time with movement in their limbs.

Football really isn't for anybody, if we're honest.

Football today is MUCH more safe than it was even 15 years ago in the 90s. At ALL positions.

Kids today are taking muscle milk. Wanna know what they took in the 70s, 80s & 90s? Anabolic steroids. Some of you people have no earthly IDEA what the hell you're talking about. Receivers used to hate coming across the middle because they would get the SHYT knocked out of them by ILBs. You had 200lbs safeties who could bench 500+ lbs without breaking a sweat. Roids.

Jack Tatum almost killed a dude and didn't even get flagged. Today's game is much safer, and its not because 'kids these days are soft'... its because the rules have made the game safer and guys aren't shooting up roids & Torodol like they used to.

A little safer, you still have players taking stuff that is hard to detect!

But I do remember that the QB did not have the protection that he has today.

A little safer, you still have players taking stuff that is hard to detect!

But I do remember that the QB did not have the protection that he has today.

Not only that, but offensive coaches didn't even really put an emphasis on "stepping into the pocket" until the mid 90s. Mark Gastineau, LT and Bruce Smith changed the game in regards to QB protection

*about to shed a tear*

:(

*bawling crying. *

:( Why you do me like this 2kool? :( :( :( :( :( :( You preaching gospel to some who never got that right lick upside they head lol.

Back