Hey Mighty Dog, Lend me your ear

Blue Bengal

I come to bury the Bulldogs not to praise them. Just joking. Man, what has happen over the past 3 years to A&M basketball. Is Pettaway recruiting? I never saw A&M basketball taking a drop like it has over the past few years. Are you thinking about coaching changes? Is the heating system broke in Elmore? What's going on? :confused: :confused: :confused:

BB, we have lost a lot of close games since coming into the SWAC. Just returned home from the SU and Alcorn swing and it was not good for the women or men teams. It is getting to be disgusting to the point that I may have to stop watching SWAC games because of the officiating. If I watch a sporting event, I like to see the players win it or lose it. In the Alcorn game, one of the officials didn't know how to rotate and he was trying to act like he was the best in the conference. In my evaluation of these three officials, it was obvious that they watched AAMU every move, but did not make the same calls on AAMU. It doen't take much to get players head out of the game when officials do not make calls on both ends of the court. On this road trip when the home team was down by 12 to 15 points and started to make their comeback we received no calls. If we did get a call it didn't matter. Al Corn played a man to man the entire game and in the second half the fouls were 13 to 2 fouls in Al Corn favor. Everytime Coach asked a question, the official reply was I didn't see it. Both SU and Al Corn games were played at a tempo that the officials were always out of position.

It has gotten to the point that officials have the attitude that we don't know what we are watching, and the sad thing is they don't have to answer to anyone. Although we pay to see our team play, I believe we deserve good officiating.

At least yall were good in the SIAC.
We are still waiting on yall to "kick" the door in.
As a matter of fact, we are waiting on A&M to win ONE SWAC title in mens sports....just one....including bowling.

Originally posted by Get Ready
At least yall were good in the SIAC.
We are still waiting on yall to "kick" the door in.
As a matter of fact, we are waiting on A&M to win ONE SWAC title in mens sports....just one....including bowling.

GR, I will have to ask the expert on English (Vanita) who allowed writers to use qualifiers in English speaking nations. I am disappointed in our language for allowing you to address us with the use of this qualifier (we are waiting on A& to win ONE CHAMPIONSHIP in men sports..just one.). However, when you do not include all sports, someone may think you are bias against women sports. GR, Title IX insisted that we promote women sports on the same level as men sports which says to you that women championships do count. We started kicking the door down when we won our first championship, but remember that JSU cannot win another championship as long as we are in the East. :D

Mighty Dog,

This is your problem. You can't win because you are smalltime and can't get any good recruits. No one has heard of your school...no one knows where your school is, etc. Playing JSU, SU and Gram will help but it will take you about 20 years to be known. Now given that....you need to understand that being Bigtime (D1), you have to recruit with the same rules as bigtime schools do....this is where Pettaway is losing. Now he can't just accept the Auburn, Alabama, GaTech, and Jackson State rejects. He has to recruit like we do.

If only UAPB and Valley would get this concept, they would be running things at the D2 level....esp in football.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
Mighty Dog,

This is your problem. You can't win because you are smalltime and can't get any good recruits. No one has heard of your school...no one knows where your school is, etc. Playing JSU, SU and Gram will help but it will take you about 20 years to be known. Now given that....you need to understand that being Bigtime (D1), you have to recruit with the same rules as bigtime schools do....this is where Pettaway is losing. Now he can't just accept the Auburn, Alabama, GaTech, and Jackson State rejects. He has to recruit like we do.

If only UAPB and Valley would get this concept, they would be running things at the D2 level....esp in football.

TP, because we are AAMU, it is our contention that we brought life to the SWAC. Looking at the SWAC outstanding history no team has ever joined with the impact of AAMU since Alabama State was admitted to the SWAC. The main reason the SWAC cannot get FAMU and Tenn St to join the conference they don't want to face AAMU in conference play.

BTW, your team will never recover from the beatdown from AAMU. You have a lot of work to do in the future. Your team is at rock bottom.

Mighty Dog,

.............Now he can't just accept the Auburn, Alabama, GaTech, and Jackson State rejects. He has to recruit like we do.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
You talking about
D-2 & 10
Running Clock Jr. College??? ROTFLMBAO!!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao::lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Originally posted by MightyDog
TP, because we are AAMU, it is our contention that we brought life to the SWAC. Looking at the SWAC outstanding history no team has ever joined with the impact of AAMU since Alabama State was admitted to the SWAC. The main reason the SWAC cannot get FAMU and Tenn St to join the conference they don't want to face AAMU in conference play.

BTW, your team will never recover from the beatdown from AAMU. You have a lot of work to do in the future. Your team is at rock bottom.

MD,

JSU and Grambling brought the fire when we joined the SWAC. Check your records again.

MD,

JSU and Grambling brought the fire when we joined the SWAC. Check your records again.

TP, looking into the historical record of the SWAC as you suggested.

JSU had made a successful transformation from a Church School

GSU was loaded with students who could not attend church schools and settle for the Normal education.

The SWAC was made up of Church Schools in the beginning without having to compete against big State funded Schools.

Then in an unwise decision, they let one in and the rest is history. State schools took over.

Your entry level did not compare and will never compare with the Bamas upon our entry into the SWAC, because we came in as State Schools with all State Schools in the SWAC. Church schools could not compete with State schools therefore they eventually left because of money.

Hope this help you to understand the impact AAMU has made on the SWAC.

But uuuuh, you are playing against the same schools we played....hmmmm

But if you get it, I do to.

Still does not explain why you can't win anything.

Originally posted by Blacknbengal
Straw, where are you currently located this season in the SWAC polls?

Hey Beans......
Gonna be located all up in dat azz on Mar 4. :D :D

Originally posted by Blacknbengal
Ummm.........did you misinterpret the question? :confused:

Beans....
There was no misinterpretation. I wanted you to understand that "The Polls" have never beaten anyone nor have they guaranteed how a season will end and who will be the eventual champion. The polls don't matter.......It Is The SWAC Champioship Games that matter!!! One does not get to SWAC Championship game via the polls. (It's done by wins vs losses.)

My come back to you as stated meant, that no matter where we are in the polls.........We Are Gonna Be All in That Heini come Mar 4.

Carry on.

Originally posted by STRAWDOG
Beans....
There was no misinterpretation. I wanted you to understand that "The Polls" have never beaten anyone nor have they guaranteed how a season will end and who will be the eventual champion. The polls don't matter.......It Is The SWAC Champioship Games that matter!!! One does not get to SWAC Championship game via the polls. (It's done by wins vs losses.)

My come back to you as stated meant, that no matter where we are in the polls.........We Are Gonna Be All in That Heini come Mar 4.

Carry on.

You do understand that only eight teams out of ten are going to the SWAC Championship games right? So since the polls dont matter, go ahead and fall down in the polls next to your sister and we'll see who'll be there and who wont.

Beans

I think everyone gets to go to the SWAC trny this year. So perinial last placers like A&M SU and PB will get a chance to shake up the world....or be Tiger bait.

Originally posted by Get Ready
Beans

I think everyone gets to go to the SWAC trny this year. So perinial last placers like A&M SU and PB will get a chance to shake up the world....or be Tiger bait.

Only eight teams will go to B'ham, we may be in th eight, but if not we we be back next year.

Originally posted by MightyDog
Only eight teams will go to B'ham, we may be in th eight, but if not we we be back next year.

This seem to be your annual rallying call.

Originally posted by BgJag
This seem to be your annual rallying call.

When there is no clouds in the sky around Normal, Alabama, we know the Sun is going to shine on AAMU.

Back