Hey Guys

vikesfan1

Hey Guys,

Vikings fan here. I was wondering if anybody out there seen tarvaris jackson play? I heard he has a big arm. I was a little suprised the vikes took him that early but glad to see they got a QB. Also, any websites out there have any footage? I'am hoping he can become the starter in a few years after brad johnson.

Thanks!

have they seen him play? most of them have had nightmare about facing him. lol. I think most peole knocked him b/c he was in the swac. He spent a redshirt year and his freshman year at arkansas b/f transfering. that was a mistake b/c they just don't know how to grow qb's at that school (exp matt jones, who started in front of jack there). good athlete, accurate, mobile, but not a big runner, though he did go over a hundred rushing one or two games while at bama state. w/ childress and his background as a qb coach and jacks work ethic we should find out what he's really got.

Well its good to hear he has a good work ethic. When the vikes selected him, Ron Jaworski was all over him so thats good. I questioned the pick at first, but now I'am excited to see him on the field.

major095 said:
that was a mistake b/c they just don't know how to grow qb's at that school (exp matt jones, who started in front of jack there).

Man tell the truth...Frank Broyles...errrrrrrrr Arkansas does not like Black QBs....or Black People for that matter.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
Man tell the truth...Frank Broyles...errrrrrrrr Arkansas does not like Black QBs....or Black People for that matter.

Man plese go away with this nonsense......please don't turn a post into a racial issue. Because there is no racial issue here!! The kid left Arkansas, plain and simple, and for him it was a great choice. He was a 2nd round pick by the Vikings, and will have a real chance after Brad Johnson to be a starter in the league.

Suge said:
Man plese go away with this nonsense......please don't turn a post into a racial issue. Because there is no racial issue here!! The kid left Arkansas, plain and simple, and for him it was a great choice. He was a 2nd round pick by the Vikings, and will have a real chance after Brad Johnson to be a starter in the league.

Suge seriously...Arkansas gives two *****s about its black football players. I wasn't making the statement to be racial...the kid left because he was much more talented at QB than Matt Jones. The kid has talent and wasn't show cased because the crowd wanted Matt Jones....lol...they got what they wanted his last year as well...no bowl games in two years.

The following quote is from the Star-Tribune, newspaper in Minneapolis, Minnesota . . .

. . . The team's aggressive approach was no clearer than Saturday night, when they traded both third-round picks to Pittsburgh in order to draft Jackson with the No. 64 overall pick. Speaking Sunday for the first time about the move, Childress said: "When you see what you want at a quarterback position, you need to go get it.

"That is exactly what I see with Tarvaris Jackson," Childress added. "A guy who is a piece of clay and has all the skills. ... He has all the things that we are looking for, and he is wired right. That is important for a quarterback."

Childress said Jackson has a "great throwing motion" and has a "flat-line" personality. He would not estimate how many seasons it will take to develop him, but Childress compared Jackson to a sponge.

"You are talking about a guy that never had a quarterbacks coach [at Division I-AA Alabama State]," he said. "He's got the skills. What can he do with coaching?" . . .

With Brad Johnson on his way out in 2 years at the most, Jackson will be given a shot.

Deuce said:
The following quote is from the Star-Tribune, newspaper in Minneapolis, Minnesota . . .

"You are talking about a guy that never had a quarterbacks coach [at Division I-AA Alabama State]," he said. "He's got the skills. What can he do with coaching?" . . .

and this statement by childress, hc of the viks is one of the biggest problems with the swac. we get a good bit of talent but we just don't know how to develop it....or shall I say don't know how to coach it (see hornets 6-5 season and 4 game losing streak to end the season).

as well, I'll take this moment to thank the man who had the plan....no other than L.C. Cole, the visionary, the one they call cole blooded. he brought kelrick and jack back to the yard. he brougt chad lucas who's tearing up nfl europe right now. he's not the greatest coach in the world, certainly not the greatest communicator we've seen, but easily the best recruiter IAA football had faced in sometime. once he's made a millionare and gets his name cleared maybe, just maybe he'll get another shot somewhere and help an hbcu turn the corner to IA football.

The thing that impressed me about Jackson is that each year he became a better decision maker...his senior year, he learned when to "take over" in a game. I always thought he would have flourished in a more wide open game...although he wasn't initially impressive as a passer, he got better each year. He has an arm that's definitely NFL caliber... good wheels. I hope he gets good tutelage and picks up the offense and coverage schemes. He should do well.

Back