HBCU Sports Podcast Donation Drive

Kenn Rashad

Person In Charge
Staff member
As some of you are aware, I announced last week that HBCU Sports is launching a podcast. It’s something a number of you have inquired about in the past. And, finally, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s something that makes sense for us to do going forward.

However, as is the case with all startups, money is needed to pay for the very minimum expenses necessary to get this podcast off the ground. And, yes, this is a personal request for your assistance in donating to the cause.

In fact, it is likely during the early stages of the podcast, that donations will be sought regularly and often (which is standard for a number of podcasts). We will eventually publish a list of "perks" that you will receive for making donations to the podcast.

Many of you may remember that in the very beginning this website relied on your donations until we no longer needed them to survive. One can only hope that we can kick-start this initiative the same way.

Simply click on the link below to make your donation.

Any amount you donate at this time would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for you support.
KR

Kenn, excuse my ignorance. Please explain the action and possibilities of HBCUsports Podcast.

Kenn, excuse my ignorance. Please explain the action and possibilities of HBCUsports Podcast.

It is still in the planning stages, but the podcast will focus on the very things we take the time to discuss on this very forum related to HBCU Sports and other culturally related issues.

It is still in the planning stages, but the podcast will focus on the very things we take the time to discuss on this very forum related to HBCU Sports and other culturally related issues.
What financial numbers are you looking to reach? Meaning what's the startup costs if you don't mind me asking?

What financial numbers are you looking to reach? Meaning what's the startup costs if you don't mind me asking?

It's a fair question.

Startup costs, for what we are trying to do, come to about $500. That's just to get us started. So far we've collected $235.

How many persons have donated as of July 11th?

Come on folks, :rolleyes:

20 people, give $6 (3pc meal @ Popeyes, Churches, Bojangles, etc.):D

6 people give $20 (forgo Starbucks for a week).:cool:

Back