HBCU Basketball: November 23-29

AAMU and Southern seem to be the best teams. Keep it up!!!

I thought my Hornets and JSU were going to be in that league, but they fallen into old habits.

Cant Count sTu out as one of those top teams. As far as we go I expected them to struggle early on with the new additions we added on offense. We seem to be putting up some decent numbers on O. Hopefully we will be able to compete in Swac play this year. It's definitely Brent's most talented team thus far.

Southern and AAMU have been the most impressive teams in the conference. The SWAC really needs these wins. AAMU is playing very physical basketball so far.

Last edited:

Texas Southern vs. Texas-San Antonio Las Vegas, Nev. 2:30 PM
Prairie View @ Wisconsin Madison, Wis. 7:00 PM
Grambling State @ UT Arlington Arlington, Texas 7:00 PM
Mississippi Valley State @ Brigham Young Provo, Utah 8:00 PM

Texas Southern vs. Texas-San Antonio Las Vegas, Nev. 2:30 PM
Prairie View @ Wisconsin Madison, Wis. 7:00 PM
Grambling State @ UT Arlington Arlington, Texas 7:00 PM
Mississippi Valley State @ Brigham Young Provo, Utah 8:00 PM
UT-Arlington is going to be tough for Grambling. They've already beaten Ohio State and Memphis.

I think he was more so referring to when our teams played the No.1 seeds. We gave both Duke and Gonzaga all they could handle when we faced them. Big difference between the play-in opponents and facing the top seeds in the tournament.

Thanks for clearing that up. But if he wants to talk about play n games, the SWAC has embarrassed itself in those as well.

BYU 75
Valley 68 (F)

Our best showing of the showing despite the loss, Had to 22-5 run in 2nd Half to cut lead to 5 before a late basket sealed it for them.

Back