HBCU Basketball: November 23-29

In_The_662

Deeeeep In The Delta.....
Post them scores and updates here

Tonight's slate

Mississippi Valley State @ Grand Canyon
Texas Southern vs. Howard

TSU please run them off the floor lol

Man, the whole time I was in Phoenix, wishing a SWAC team would play AZ State or GCU, and now 2 teams have been there this month...smh. Lol. Pulling for Valley.

TSU took the lead with under 3 minutes left but the Howard player took the ball right down the court, got an And 1 and never trailed again.

We will see. The MEAC seems to fare better in the post season. Southern is really the only SWAC team that isn't defeated before the game starts during March Madness.

How can you say that with truth and definitively? Just look at the SWAC's last few showings in the NCAA tournament. It has been more than Southern. I don't think the other SWAC schools were scared. In 2010 UAPB beat Winthrop in the Play in game of the NCAA Tournament. 2011 Alabama State lost to UTSA. 2012 MVSU lost by One to Western Kentucky in the Play-in game. 2013 of course Southern lost to Number one see Gonzaga in a Competitive game and Texas Southern lost in the Play-in game in 2014. However, I don't think either of those teams were defeated before the game started.

How can you say that with truth and definitively? Just look at the SWAC's last few showings in the NCAA tournament. It has been more than Southern. I don't think the other SWAC schools were scared. In 2010 UAPB beat Winthrop in the Play in game of the NCAA Tournament. 2011 Alabama State lost to UTSA. 2012 MVSU lost by One to Western Kentucky in the Play-in game. 2013 of course Southern lost to Number one see Gonzaga in a Competitive game and Texas Southern lost in the Play-in game in 2014. However, I don't think either of those teams were defeated before the game started.
I think he was more so referring to when our teams played the No.1 seeds. We gave both Duke and Gonzaga all they could handle when we faced them. Big difference between the play-in opponents and facing the top seeds in the tournament.

I think he was more so referring to when our teams played the No.1 seeds. We gave both Duke and Gonzaga all they could handle when we faced them. Big difference between the play-in opponents and facing the top seeds in the tournament.

I figured that. Well Jackson State gave back to back National Champions Florida all it could handle for the first half in 2007 then reality sunk in..lol

Tonight's slate (Men)

Dillard @ Southern
JSU @ Tenn. Tech
UAPB @ Nebraska
AAMU @ Jacksonville State
Alcorn @ Portland

JSU should have won in normal time, they played killing the clock and ended up taking horrible low percentage shots. The lead was not big enough to play that strategy.

Back