Have HBCU homecomings become over saturated?

CEE DOG

Look I understand we live in the world where everyone is trying to get that green paper, but man why have we over saturated the market with parties and events? Y'all can't be making that kind of money with 30 parties on Friday and Saturday. Lol Somebody is losing big time.

Guess that's one area where Valley and Alcorn are winning in compared to urban areas. We don't have to worry about 25 official parties Thursday, Friday and Saturday night lol

That's why the CIAA is losing some of it's appeal

Look I understand we live in the world where everyone is trying to get that green paper, but man why have we over saturated the market with parties and events? Y'all can't be making that kind of money with 30 parties on Friday and Saturday. Lol Somebody is losing big time.
I was in school when this transition took place big time. Everyone wants to be a party promoter these days Cee. Funny thing is that my chapter of Omega has one of the biggest parties at JSU homecoming every year and it is a free block party.

I would like to be the first to say that Howard's Homecoming is completely overrated and will not spend a damn dime at any parties during that weekend in DC.

I would like to be the first to say that Howard's Homecoming is completely overrated and will not spend a damn dime at any parties during that weekend in DC.
In my married life, I stay away... When I was single, I had to catch atleast one Howard event a year.... Whew... I can't deal with the crowds at yardfest though,.

In my married life, I stay away... When I was single, I had to catch atleast one Howard event a year.... Whew... I can't deal with the crowds at yardfest though,.

Hell I'm back on the market now and don't want to deal with the madness and crazy cover charge. Those venues will be free when the dust settles. lol

Hell I'm back on the market now and don't want to deal with the madness and crazy cover charge. Those venues will be free when the dust settles. lol
I feel you man. I feel too old to play cover charges in life. The owner of Park once told me the only people who pay to get in his club are those he don't want in there to begin with. After that, I started feeling like, folks who want me to pay, don't want me there.

Fortunately in DC, you can easily drive to Philadelphia or catch a $21 Greyhound to NYC for the weekend if Howard Homecoming is not your thing.

Unfortunately for Dr. Phreeze and Founder, there is another HBCU Homecoming happening in October they should be concerned about, not Howard's LMAO!!!!

Not just homecomings....HBCU classics as well. You have folks with no ties to any of the schools seeing it as an opportunity to make money and some of us fall for it. The worst are those alums who would go the parties and not the actual game. As big as PV's homecoming is, there are still some people who would simply just go to the parties in Houston without setting foot on campus. Same goes for the Labor Day Classic.

A spin-off question,

Is it me or are cover charges more prevalent in the south? I don't go out much in DC but I can't remember the last time I paid to get in somewhere here. It is normally always free. However, I expect that everywhere will have a cover charge in jxn on HC weekend. Even during the biggest weekends in DC, the best clubs don't have covers

Yeah but most old head and alums only go to the main parties. Those side parties be dead....

Right... I know exactly where to go. I don't miss the Thursday night set and on Friday the day party.. Normally im done after the day party and I just take my azz home and rest up for the next day but this year, the day party has a Part 2... LOL I am sorta looking for a good Saturday night spot tho.... Not sure if I want to do the Convention Center again... it's not a party.. it's like a happy hour/social.

Back