GSU Wants State of Exigency for Undergraduate Nursing Program

The Founder

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/ne...tate-exigency-undergraduate-nursing/31873303/

Grambling State University President Willie Larkin has requested a state of exigency for the university’s defunct undergraduate nursing program through summer 2016 and the authority to terminate members of the nursing faculty.

Exigency is the mechanism that allows for the termination of faculty no longer required without classes to teach. Larkin has met with nursing faculty to inform members of the likelihood of terminations and to answer questions.

---------------------------------------------------

Many times you have to trim the fat in order to fix a problem.

Grambling used to have one of the top nursing schools in the state. I have a home girl in North Carolina now who graduated from Grambling with a Master's in Nursing. She was real smart in school. I'm sure she hates to hear this. Damn Shame!!!!

Grambling used to have one of the top nursing schools in the state. I have a home girl in North Carolina now who graduated from Grambling with a Master's in Nursing. She was real smart in school. I'm sure she hates to hear this. Damn Shame!!!!

GSU had a ton of first or best in the state. Nursing...MPA...the first Developmental Ed.D in the Nation... The problem is the presidential turnover, cutbacks, and lazy staff has damned near killed us. It's like in the last 10 years we have had at least 4 maybe 5 presidents. So many that I have lost count. What's even worse I can remember when we had 2 former presidents employed at GSU after they were fired as president.

GSU had a ton of first or best in the state. Nursing...MPA...the first Developmental Ed.D in the Nation... The problem is the presidential turnover, cutbacks, and lazy staff has damned near killed us. It's like in the last 10 years we have had at least 4 maybe 5 presidents. So many that I have lost count. What's even worse I can remember when we had 2 former presidents employed at GSU after they were fired as president.

Grambling Nursing School is a lot older than Southern's Nursing School. The Nursing School building on Southern's campus was built when I was an undergrad. I believe back in 1986.

Grambling Nursing School is a lot older than Southern's Nursing School. The Nursing School building on Southern's campus was built when I was an undergrad. I believe back in 1986.

Actually I was in elementary school across the street from the Nursing school from 1984-1986. It was built during that time frame because we used to dare each other to run through those big ass underground water pipes when we were in elementary school. Also, in elementary school we used to play on the empty field.

Actually I was in elementary school across the street from the Nursing school from 1984-1986. It was built during that time frame because we used to dare each other to run through those big ass underground water pipes when we were in elementary school. Also, in elementary school we used to play on the empty field.

I just know Grambling's Nursing school came before Southern's Nursing School. I believe ULM competed with Grambling for Nursing students back in the days. I'm not sure if LaTech had a Nursing School.

I think this is a good move, we need all new professors once the program is reinstated, if you aren't doing your jobs then you should get the boot. HBCU employees tend to get to comfortable and forget about their job description, this also frees up money for the university. More employees should be fired if they aren't doing their jobs, that is the real world. Run these universities like a business and you will have less problems.

I just know Grambling's Nursing school came before Southern's Nursing School. I believe ULM competed with Grambling for Nursing students back in the days. I'm not sure if LaTech had a Nursing School.

ULM and Tech did not have a BSN program back then. If I'm not mistaken GSU was the only BSN program North Louisiana. All the others were patterned after GSU.

ULM and Tech did not have a BSN program back then. If I'm not mistaken GSU was the only BSN program North Louisiana. All the others were patterned after GSU.

I know this young lady who finished Nursing School at ULM somewhere in the late 80's or early 90's.

SU nursing program is doing amazing thing from the BSN, and grad programs, honestly I would not be shocked if SU added a PA program in.a few more years...But GSU is not the only hbcu struggling when its comes to nursing, NCAT, BCU AND FAMU to name a few all have had issues maintaining a good passing rate and accreditation issues

Back