Grambling's Kenneth Pettway Drafted by the Texans

MACHIAVELLI

Chairman/C.E.O.
GRAMBLING STATE?S KENNETH PETTWAY IS DRAFTED BY THE TEXANS IN 7TH ROUND OF 2005 NFL DRAFT

April 24, 2005

GRAMBLING, La. ? Grambling State senior defensive end Kenneth Pettway was selected by Houston Texans in the seventh round of the 2005 National Football League draft on Sunday afternoon.

Pettway was both very pleased and relieved about being selected in the NFL draft. ?It is a good feeling and a tribute to all of the hard work and preparation that I have been putting myself through. Right now, I will have to start this process all over in preparing for the Texans.?

The 6-foot-4 inch, 255-pound Pettway was named to the Sheridan Broadcasting Network?s Black College All-America football team at the conclusion of the 2004 season as a defensive end. This team was voted upon by a panel of selected Historically Black College and Universities Sports Information Directors and media professionals throughout the nation. This was one of four postseason honors that he has received at the conclusion of this season.

This Houston, Texas native was also both a first team All-Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) and All-Louisiana Sportswriters Association (LSWA) College selection while being named to CollegeSports.com All-Division I-AA team as a fourth team selection. Pettway had 45 total tackles (28 solo) while 16 were for a loss of 65 yards which included nine sacks for a loss of 53 yards (including one for a safety) while forcing two fumbles, blocking two kicks and breaking up a pass.

During the 2003 season, Pettway had 70 tackles (46 solo), 14 for a loss of 46 yards including five sacks for a loss of 20 yards, three pass breakups and one forced fumble as a linebacker. He earned second team All-LSWA honors in his first season with the Tigers.

In addition, Pettway participated in the Las Vegas All-American Football Classic in Las Vegas, Nevada and was selected to play in the Black College All-Star Football Classic in New Orleans, Louisiana. As an added note, he is scheduled to receive his bachelor?s degree in business management on May 22nd from Grambling State.

ken3nn.jpg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
and this got 5 stars??????

:xeye:

Man it so much bias bullsh#t on this board with Southern and GSU folx.

BandFan said:
and this got 5 stars??????

:xeye:

Man it so much bias bullsh#t on this board with Southern and GSU folx.

I am a one of the Texas Southern folk on this board who thinks when one of our SWAC schools gets a player drafted that that is 5 star worthy.

Congrats to Pettway and Grambling.

C-LeB28 said:
I am a one of the Texas Southern folk on this board who thinks when one of our SWAC schools gets a player drafted that that is 5 star worthy.

Congrats to Pettway and Grambling.

I agree CLeB...

Just like they say in the 'hood: If one of us make it, then we all make it!

Congrats Pettway...you and that Babin cat they drafted last year should be a nice lil' combo for the Texans...

The Texans use a 3-4 defense, right? It seems that Pettway's best shot at sticking in the pros is as a 3-4 OLB. I wish Pittsburgh had grabbed him.

CELEBRATION FOR NFL DRAFT PICK KENNETH PETTWAY IS SET FOR NOON TUESDAY

GRAMBLING, La. ? A celebration is on tap for former Grambling State All-America linebacker and current NFL Draft Kenneth Pettway is scheduled for noon Tuesday on the second floor of the Robinson Stadium Support Facility on campus.

kp%20012.jpg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I think that the Texans are the right fit for Pettway. He will surprise alot of people. He is fast, physical and has a mean streak to play the game. :tup:

MACHIAVELLI said:
CELEBRATION FOR NFL DRAFT PICK KENNETH PETTWAY IS SET FOR NOON TUESDAY

GRAMBLING, La. ? A celebration is on tap for former Grambling State All-America linebacker and current NFL Draft Kenneth Pettway is scheduled for noon Tuesday on the second floor of the Robinson Stadium Support Facility on campus.

kp%20012.jpg

r those shades medicinal?

Back