Grambling at ULM in 2019

Whoa. Two OOC teams in a 30 mile radius in one season. If Fobbs keeps recruiting the way he is (and does not leave) we have a chance to win both games.

I'm going to need this to be verified.

I am starting to notice both la tech and ulm are scheduling Southern and Grambling for future schedules

It's actually smart scheduling on both parts. Those regional FBS paydays net us a good chunk of change without as many expenses as other teams

@The Founder i believe we start our home and home series with Northwestern next season. from an email i had with their AD this summer about us supposedly playing them this year. he said it was in the plan to play them in 2017.

Ok cool.

I would also like to play UCA in Shreveport and Little Rock. I really believe we have to tap Shreveport for games where the opponents are non SWAC teams. This 7 game mandate will benefit us very well if contracts are down properly.

I look at it as an opportunity to showcase our product to the locals in our part of the state. Win these games against Tech and ULM and I guarantee that Fobbs recruiting classes will go through the damn roof.

If you count the FBS transfers and their recruiting stars, Fobbs last class is actually up to par with La Tech and better than ULM. I don't see GSU beating La Tech, but ULM will be very winnable. To bad they won't play ULM next year with Kincade because I would bet the house on GSU.

If you count the FBS transfers and their recruiting stars, Fobbs last class is actually up to par with La Tech and better than ULM. I don't see GSU beating La Tech, but ULM will be very winnable. To bad they won't play ULM next year with Kincade because I would bet the house on GSU.
Not so fast, my friend...

Not so fast, my friend...

I could be wrong, but the amout I of FBS scholarships on the list of GSU signees/transfers for the 2016 class match up pretty well. La Tech only had about 3 (3) star players in their 2016 class. Menander, Kincade, E Williams alone were ranked higher than those kids when they signed with their first programs. If you get technical with it, GSU's transfers have more FBS offers than ULM an La Tech classes combined. Fobbs adding all of those FBS/JUCO transfers took GSU to a new height. GSU had a legitimate C-USA/Sun Belt level class. I am looking forward to seeing how they match up vs Tulane next year.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but the amout I of FBS scholarships on the list of GSU signees/transfers for the 2016 class match up pretty well. La Tech only had about 3 (3) star players in their 2016 class. Menander, Kincade, E Williams alone were ranked higher than those kids when the signed with their first programs. If you get technical with it, GSU's transfers have more FBS offers than ULM an La Tech classes combined. Fobbs adding all of those FBS/JUCO transfers took GSU to a new height. GSU had a legitimate C-USA/Sun Belt level class. I am looking forward to seeing how they match up vs Tulane next year.
I absolutely agree with these statements.

Back