Georgia Board of Regents approve Albany State merger

bluedog

"Leader of Kings"
ATLANTA — Georgia Regents, as expected, unanimously approved the consolidation of Albany State University and Darton State College on Tuesday. The motion to consolidate was placed on the table by Phillip Wilheit Sr. of Gainesville.

The BOR also approved Art Dunning as president of the consolidated institutions. In addition, Darton Interim President Paul Jones was named the new president of Fort Valley State University.

The University System of Georgia issued the following statement after the consolidation decision was approved:

http://m.albanyherald.com/news/2015...ove-albany-state-university/?templates=mobile

I'm not sure how I feel about this move. I know it might sound crazy but my trust for the governing bodies in southern states is nearly none, they ALWAYS have their own motives and usually their is something that they are distracting you from. This move is met with little opposition though, because Darton is not a pre-Civil War or Reconstruction school that has a long past of discrimination and over 40% of their current student body was already African American. My question is what is the long term plan of the UGA system? What do they have up their sleeve?

They wont, i think it all looks good on paper, but for the fact and I have talk to some people at albany, most of those blacks were not transferring to albany, so i doubt it will change

Back