FAMU Discovers Envelope With $10K in Checks From 2010

Nonchalant

Hail, Hail To Thee...
http://rattlernews.tallahassee.com/.../FAMU-discovers-envelope-10K-checks-from-2010

FAMU+logo+6.jpg

Officials at Florida A&M University are trying to determine how an envelope containing checks totaling more than $10,000 from a November 2010 fundraiser was not discovered until last week.

Thomas Haynes, vice president for university advancement and executive director of the FAMU Foundation, informed FAMU’s Internal Crisis Management Team on July 17 that an envelope containing 22 checks worth $10,850 had been found in a drawer at the Alumni House on South Adams Street.

The envelope was found, coincidently, on July 16, the same day FAMU trustees accepted James H. Ammons’ immediate resignation as president and named Larry Robinson interim president. Ammons had announced his resignation on July 11.

Robinson said Tuesday that the checks have been turned over to Rick Givens, FAMU’s vice president for the Office of Audit and Compliance.

Those checks belonged to folks that have money b/c aint no way my broke ass would let a check sit open for 2 years and not call SOMEBODY. :emlaugh:

I'd be on the phone with someone at JSU like..."when y'all gonna cash that check? Tell me SOMETHING"! :lmao:

Those checks belonged to folks that have money b/c aint no way my broke ass would let a check sit open for 2 years and not call SOMEBODY. :emlaugh:

I'd be on the phone with someone at JSU like..."when y'all gonna cash that check? Tell me SOMETHING"! :lmao:

You aint seen sh*t yet.

Casey, I do the same thing now. Even though I balance my checkbook daily, I like for my checks to clear ASAP. :lmao: :lmao:

Non,
Man, what you got against FAMU?

Nothing against FAMU, just the administration. I know of a lot of craziness that has been going on under Ammons' administration that is going to make all HBCUs look bad. The media always lumps us in one big group when the sh*t hits the fan.

OFF TOPIC: Non, what's up with that Eddie Robinson pic? I hate it when the press took shots of the brother crying in his last days coaching. Regardless of me being a Southernite, I thought those pics were disrespectful. They never did that to Joe Pa. Just saying.

Casey, I do the same thing now. Even though I balance my checkbook daily, I like for my checks to clear ASAP. :lmao: :lmao:

Aye when our people give me checks for cutting their yards, I go straight to the bank with them. :lol: You will get cussed out by sistas for holding their checks more than two days. :lmao:

....yeen lieing.

Hell this year I had paid my dues for A&M national alumni dues and local, and it took them d@mn forever to cash my check. Please believe I was contacting our local alumni president talking 'bout "shiiid cuzz whats up wit my check?" Ain BS'n lol!

They finally deposited it.

"Snake"

Back