FAMU athletics signs with Nike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because white folks just let you have a share of the oil money for $500 Alex?

WHY ARE SO INTIMIDATED LOL!?!? QUIT TALKING SHIT AND LIVE FOR THE COMPETITION.

PV is getting better so that should only motivate you SU to get better as well. Don't be trying to down PV when they are improving their well being. Get off your ass SU and Compete. It's that Simple.

Because white folks just let you have a share of the oil money for $500 Alex?

I don't work for an oil company and neither do the rest of my cohorts who donated to our stadium and support our school. Try that one one more again sir. Texas is NOT one of these dumb assed southern states that allows tax paying citizens to FINANCE a collegiate athletic program LMAO!!!!

Maybe we PVers need to start an out-of-state foundation lol to help some of these other severely lacking schools get their endowments et al fiscal affairs together. :D

A certain school can barely afford qualified Compliance staffers but in here talking about who can afford what..

Hood mentality brah. lol They tickle the shat out of me. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jaws will be dropping when they step on PVAMU's beautiful and up to date campus.

I don't work for an oil company and neither do the rest of my cohorts who donated to our stadium and support our school. Try that one one more again sir.

Maybe we PVers need to start an out-of-state foundation lol to help some of these other severely lacking schools get their endowments et al fiscal affairs together. :D

Lol...you and your cohorts can donate until you turn blue in the face. Y'all ain't donate 62 million dollars. You and your "COHORTS" didn't just start working did ya? Y'all didn't just start donating did ya?

Lmao you can save that for somebody like BH123 who believes playing Howard will solve all the ills of the swac.

All this over game apparel none of us are gonna wear.

Get up outta' here kendrick. This is what we call putting people in their place.

"We'ze gonna' have a nike deal cuz we gotz much athletic skrilla'.... but we kain't afford a full-time compliance staff for athletics dept OR a separate facility for our T&F student-athletes w/ ever dilapidated athletics facilities crumbling all around us ."

Well hell... :D lol....lol

Lol...you and your cohorts can donate until you turn blue in the face. Y'all ain't donate 62 million dollars. You and your "COHORTS" didn't just start working did ya? Y'all didn't just start donating did ya?

Lmao you can save that for somebody like BH123 who believes playing Howard will solve all the ills of the swac.

We just started this push exactly 15 months ago. We raised 60M$ in exactly 15mos. [wait for it]

:D lmmfao!!!! Stay talking. :D

Why wait? You've been telling that one like forever. If it just took alums 15 months to raise $60 million. Why have ya been sitting on wood splinters for over a century?

Sitting on aluminum bleachers in Blackshear since the 1960s? Yes. lol [over century ~ 50-51 yrs okay... lol] Who raised 60M$ in 15mos? PVAMU sure didn't. Couldn't have done. Nah, I don't believe it. One of these other SWAC schools raised that much skrilla' in 15mos? Danggggggggg.... Good for them! :D

Back to the thread, at any rate, PVAMU cannot afford to deal w/ a nike like FAMU has because:
A) We're a broke azzed school.
B) We have inaccurate financial records and reporting
C) We travel 29,000 fans to away stadiums and don't have skrilla' to spend on our own venue upkeep
D) We cannot afford a new football stadium.
E) We cannot afford a new soccer stadium.
F) We cannot afford a new t&f stadium.
G) We cannot afford a new baseball stadium.
H) We cannot afford a new softball stadium.
I) We cannot afford a new on-campus bowling alley. :D
J) We cannot afford new apartments on-campus.
H) We cannot afford a new rec ctr to compliment the last rec ctr (< 25 yrs young)
I) We cannot afford to throw a new 12 story building in the medical distr of Houston.
J) We cannot afford to build a new medical academy bldg on campus.

PV is broke mane. We cannot afford shat. lol

Last edited:
With Blackshear gone, the university will finally get what Perry felt the school deserved more than 30 years ago in a $60 million, 15,000-seat football stadium and sports complex, which will open for its first game in September 2016.

The movement to build a new stadium gained momentum in 2009 after Perry and other alumni helped raise $30 million to start the Prairie View A&M Foundation. Shortly after, Prairie View A&M President George Wright said, Perry started beating the drum to raise funds for a new stadium, and the Texas A&M System Board of regents responded.

Wright said the school worked closely with System Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs Phillip Ray and System Chancellor John Sharp to work out the funding nuances and make it a reality. At a November meeting, regents approved the school's plan to build the complex, which will include an artificial field, a 55,000-square-foot athletic field house, suites that already have a waiting list, sky boxes, press boxes and room for a 15,000-seat expansion.

"I am so happy that our system staff, led by Phillip Ray, found a way to do this for Prairie View," Sharp said in a statement. "Prairie View A&M University is the most beautiful university in the state, and now they will have a stadium to match it."

The sounds of snapping wood from the Blackshear demolition did not make nearly as much noise as Kyle Field's west side when it collapsed to begin the second phase of its own $485 million renovation one month earlier. Although the Kyle Field project is eight times more expensive than Prairie View's project, Perry took it as a vote of confidence from system officials in his alma mater.

"It was reaffirmation that the system believed in Prairie View and they were willing to invest in Prairie View," Perry said.

When Wright first became president of Prairie View in 2003, he said the football team's record and its facilities were how people knew the school. The Panthers were five years away from the 80-game losing skid, but still had not put together a winning season.

"Because of the losing streak, people would say, 'Why do you want to be president there? They are a loser," Wright said. "They're talking about a game that's played on Saturdays, but you couldn't shake them."

The PVAMU Foundation is halfway to a $10 million fundraising goal for the stadium project, but Wright said the new stadium will mean much more to the school than a nice place to play football and entertain more fans.

Wright said plenty of people pass by the campus driving down U.S. 290 to and from Houston, but the new stadium will give them reason to stop and take a look around. He hopes it will be a draw to campus the same way people stop to take pictures in front of Kyle Field on Texas A&M's campus. Wright said the new stadium will offer a much better first impression of the school.

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/...cle_393bc723-53ce-50de-9325-6f24cc7b426c.html

Don't wait for it because I'm pretty much done here. What's that old saying? "You ain't gotta lie to kick it."

Anyhoo congrats again and looking foward to finally being able to watch a game on PV's campus.

blue, you CANNOT educate someone on something they already know and participated in. :)

My angle is, I don't share 411 w/ outsiders. :) You're welcome and good research project for you. Practice makes improvement. And while you're researching, did you "goggle" and see where the next build of ******* ****** is gaining traction?

:(

Okay bruh Y'all raised $60 million in 15 months but sat your ass on splinters for a century for sentimental reason. I believe ya....you can stop now.

Okay bruh Y'all raised $60 million in 15 months but sat your ass on splinters for a century for sentimental reason. I believe ya....you can stop now.

I was being overly facetious. If PV raised 60M$ in exactly 15mos, there's swamp land in WTx for sale @ 1$ per acre all of us need to jump on. This thing has been going for awhile. But still, I still concede that Prairie View is a broke assed school and could never EVER afford to deal w/ a nike w/ regards to athletic apparel. It's quite obvious since Prairie View has so, so, SO many shortcomings in its athletic department and athletic facilities (plural). Our shat is dilapidated.

PV needs to stay in their lane before they get kicked off the gravy train. Congratulations on the new stadium, at least you now have one though it's the smallest one in the conference. Remember don't bite the hands that feed you otherwise you won't get any deals and will end up having to sew your own uniforms very soon....lol

Sitting on aluminum bleachers in Blackshear since the 1960s? Yes. lol [over century ~ 50-51 yrs okay... lol] Who raised 60M$ in 15mos? PVAMU sure didn't. Couldn't have done. Nah, I don't believe it. One of these other SWAC schools raised that much skrilla' in 15mos? Danggggggggg.... Good for them! :D

Back to the thread, at any rate, PVAMU cannot afford to deal w/ a nike like FAMU has because:
A) We're a broke azzed school.
B) We have inaccurate financial records and reporting
C) We travel 29,000 fans to away stadiums and don't have skrilla' to spend on our own venue upkeep
D) We cannot afford a new football stadium.
E) We cannot afford a new soccer stadium.
F) We cannot afford a new t&f stadium.
G) We cannot afford a new baseball stadium.
H) We cannot afford a new softball stadium.
I) We cannot afford a new on-campus bowling alley. :D
J) We cannot afford new apartments on-campus.
H) We cannot afford a new rec ctr to compliment the last rec ctr (< 25 yrs young)
I) We cannot afford to throw a new 12 story building in the medical distr of Houston.
J) We cannot afford to build a new medical academy bldg on campus.

PV is broke mane. We cannot afford shat. lol
You stay in your feelings I see. Was all that really necessary? I don't know what school you're throwing shade at though. You're seriously mad because 1 person didn't list PV as one of the schools that could sign a deal? lol

Last edited:
PV needs to stay in their lane before they get kicked off the gravy train. Congratulations on the new stadium, at least you now have one though it's the smallest one in the conference. Remember don't bite the hands that feed you otherwise you won't get any deals and will end up having to sew your own uniforms very soon....lol

Your first sentence shows just exactly how clueless y'all are.. Smdh!

You stay in your feelings I see. Was all that really necessary? I don't know what school you're throwing shade at though. You're seriously mad because 1 person didn't list PV as one of the schools that could sign a deal? lol
Ummmm...who is mad? No one on this side of the keyboard. It's always been a great time to be a graduated panther lol.

I thought I'd be proactive & post about PV what others are absurdly thinking. Right? PV is a broke azzed school is it not?

Ummmm...who is mad? No one on this side of the keyboard. It's always been a great time to be a graduated panther lol.

I thought I'd be proactive & post about PV what others are absurdly thinking. Right? PV is a broke azzed school is it not?
Your words, not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back