FAMU athletics signs with Nike

Status
Not open for further replies.

In_The_662

Deeeeep In The Delta.....
*pours more gas on the apparel flames*

FAMU athletics secures deal with Nike
Jordan Culver, Democrat staff writer 5:07 p.m. EDT May 21, 2016

Florida A&M’s athletic department recently secured a three-year deal with Nike, Athletic Director Milton Overton Jr. told the Tallahassee Democrat on Saturday.

Overton said the deal would run concurrent with the MEAC’s current shoe deal with Nike, and that Nike would provide both new uniforms and apparel for the school.

FAMU’s previous apparel deal was with Russell Athletic. That deal was negotiated through the MEAC.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sp...21/famu-athletics-secures-deal-nike/84714868/

I wish the SWAC would do the same and let each school choose there own. If some schools can't afford nothing but Russell then let them stay. I would love for JSU to choose adidas.

I wish the SWAC would do the same and let each school choose there own. If some schools can't afford nothing but Russell then let them stay. I would love for JSU to choose adidas.
Only certain schools, we know who they are lol, will be able to get a worth while deal. The rest will probably have to come out of their pocket lol. That's why the SWAC does what it does smh.

Last edited:
Only certain schools, we know who they are lol, will be able to get a worth while deal. The rest will probably have to come outing pocket lol. That's why the SWAC does what it does smh.
Well I'm ok with the Russell deal right now because more than a few of the SWAC schools are not financially able right now. But in the future I think this is the way to go. And plus with the new positive changes to the SWAC football programs a lot more will be able to get deals in about 5 years.

Only certain schools, we know who they are lol, will be able to get a worth while deal. The rest will probably have to come out of their pocket lol. That's why the SWAC does what it does smh.
SnowWhite-dwarfs.png

*pours more gas on the apparel flames*

FAMU athletics secures deal with Nike
Jordan Culver, Democrat staff writer 5:07 p.m. EDT May 21, 2016

Florida A&M’s athletic department recently secured a three-year deal with Nike, Athletic Director Milton Overton Jr. told the Tallahassee Democrat on Saturday.

Overton said the deal would run concurrent with the MEAC’s current shoe deal with Nike, and that Nike would provide both new uniforms and apparel for the school.

FAMU’s previous apparel deal was with Russell Athletic. That deal was negotiated through the MEAC.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sp...21/famu-athletics-secures-deal-nike/84714868/

Good Job Famu. I'm ready to see the new "look"

What difference does it make? Aint nothing wrong with Russell. Fugg these kids. They can play in Russell. Nike aint nobody.

Am I doing it right?

Southern, Gram, Alcorn and Bama State are tired of carrying the rest of y'all... lol

I don't know about the rest but why in the hell do you think we (Prairie View A&M) build THREE separate athletic facilities in consecutive fiscal years but not afford a measly apparel deal?

*Joker Laugh* lol HAHAHAHAHAHAHA......

But I'm just here to read the comments. BTW, don't SWAC Schools on average play in front of bigger crowds compared to MEAC Schools? But yet, a second MEAC School has managed to get a deal.

But like always, SWAC folks don't ever believe you until shit happens. and guess what SWAC.......Howard and FAMU are only the beginning.

Southern, Gram, Alcorn and Bama State are tired of carrying the rest of y'all... lol

This comment right here symbolizes in my opinion the #1 Reason why the SWAC cannot prosper as a conference.

Too many times in the SWAC, schools try to separate themselves from others and create an Elitist Mentality. The SWAC is a 10-Member Conference, not Four. If you don't like that, tell your school go get their shit, pack it up and go somewhere else with their Bougie Asses. No Team in the SWAC is like Texas in the Big-12. When every team is competitive in the SWAC, that STRENGTHENS the SWAC.

But because of this elitist mentality, the MEAC has taken advantage of our arrogance and stupidity not only on the playing field but off it as well. Even with the Celebration Bowl, the MEAC Champion will always have more time to prepare and prep for it than the SWAC Champion.

...and just think, a SWAC Alum is the MEAC's Commissioner (Alcorn Grad) while our dumb ass Presidents brought in some guy who knew nothing about the HBCU Culture to be SWAC Commissioner.

Last edited:
*Joker Laugh* lol HAHAHAHAHAHAHA......

But I'm just here to read the comments. BTW, don't SWAC Schools on average play in front of bigger crowds compared to MEAC Schools? But yet, a second MEAC School has managed to get a deal.

But like always, SWAC folks don't ever believe you until shit happens. and guess what SWAC.......Howard and FAMU are only the beginning.
Do you understand how these deals work lol. I know SU and Gram has had deals on the table since forever. Some teams get better deals than other. Some teams have to pay for everything. Some schools only purchases a couple of items and they get the rest free, because of what they bring to the table.

This comment right here symbolizes in my opinion the #1 Reason why the SWAC cannot prosper as a conference.

Too many times in the SWAC, schools try to separate themselves from others and create an Elitist Mentality. The SWAC is a 10-Member Conference, not Four. If you don't like that, tell your school go get their shit, pack it up and go somewhere else with their Bougie Asses. No Team in the SWAC is like Texas in the Big-12. When every team is competitive in the SWAC, that STRENGTHENS the SWAC.

But because of this elitist mentality, the MEAC has taken advantage of our arrogance and stupidity not only on the playing field but off it as well. Even with the Celebration Bowl, the MEAC Champion will always have more time to prepare and prep for it than the SWAC Champion.

...and just think, a SWAC Alum is the MEAC's Commissioner (Alcorn Grad) while our dumb ass Presidents brought in some guy who knew nothing about the HBCU Culture before being SWAC Commissioner.
Every school ain't built the same. Some schools bring more to the table than others. See Texas in the big 12.

I don't know about the rest but why in the hell do you think we (Prairie View A&M) build THREE separate athletic facilities in consecutive fiscal years but not afford a measly apparel deal?

Because white folks just let you have a share of the oil money for $500 Alex?

Think about that though....

A SWAC Alum is the MEAC Commissioner while we the SWAC brought in somebody from Wisconsin who probably didn't know shit about the HBCU Culture before becoming SWAC Commissioner. That is a damn travesty and a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back