Fall Enrollment at Mississippi Universities

Tigerpride

THE Logical ONE
http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/30004260/fall-2015-enrollment-at-mississippi-public-universities

Alcorn State: 3,594, -1.2%
Delta State: 3,460, -4.3 percent
Jackson State: 9,802, +3.1 percent
Miss. State: 20,873, +3.6 percent
Miss. Univ. for Women: 2,676, -0.7 percent
Miss. Valley State: 2,310, +4 percent
Univ. of Miss.: 23,838, +3.2 percent
Univ. of Southern Miss.: 14,579, -1.4 percent

Total all universities: 81,132, +1.8 percent

Source: College Board.

Southern Miss only has 14K? JSU may pass them up in the future. Maybe in 5-10 years. Delta State took a dip and Valley increased by almost the same rate as Delta State's decrease. I wonder if that is by coincidence or not. It would be nice to see the black student numbers in that decrease So basically Ole Piss, State, and JSU had over 3% increases. Valley had 4% and Delta State had the biggest decrease. Interesting. Surprised Alcorn didn't have an increase. Glad for Valley. Hope they keep growing.

JSU enrollment growth tops in state
The Clarion-Ledger, 5:55 p.m. CDT September 20, 2015

Enrollment has grown by 10.8 percent at Jackson State University over the past three years, the largest increase of any state-assisted college or university, according to fall enrollment figures released by the state College Board.

With an enrollment of 9,802 students, JSU is now the fourth-largest historically black college or university in the country, behind Florida A&M University, North Carolina A&T University and Howard University.

Nicole Evans, JSU vice president for enrollment management and institutional research, said JSU’s freshman class is at an all-time high of 1,252 students.

“This represents a 4.7 percent increase over last year’s number of 1,196. We are really excited to report that the number of non-resident first-time freshmen has grown by 17.1 percent since last year,” she said.

JSU enrollment growth tops in state

If USM keep the brother as president, JSU will catch them in a few years. They have been on a decline every since he took over. I am a little surprised that Alcorn declined 1.2%.

I hope we can catch USM.

Well...don't count on the state to help
If USM keep the brother as president, JSU will catch them in a few years. They have been on a decline every since he took over. I am a little surprised that Alcorn declined 1.2%.

I was thinking the same thing. Them folks started a Civil War and got 600k folks killed rather than accept a brother as their equal. So, I can't imagine they'd let they're kids go to a school with a brother in charge. They don't fly that stars and bars on the state flag for nothing.

BTW, I hope these brothers playing for Ole Miss realize that folks going to showing a spot light on 'em if they keep wining. I see a sister is trying to get corporate sponsors to stop supporting the SEC (I think) and Ole Miss and MSU football because of the state flag.

Back