EWC NEEDS STUDENT-ATHLETES!!!

ELJay85

Oh there is no shame in our game.

WE NEED STUDENT ATHLETES NOW! Now you know I need ballers...STRAIGHT BALLERS...

Upon hearing that we were faced with the loss of our accreditation, we immediatly lost 38 football players. The true core of our team. We dropped from returning 68 to 30. 14 TO GRADUATION, 38 QUIT.

It was devastating. To be honest....it hurt baddddd. However, instead of sitting around and having a pity party we kept pluggin away. In the continuing tradition of overcoming challenging situations at EWC, we recruited harder, we worked with those 30 COMMITTED SA's (Student-athletes) harder, we did and do what we have to do to survive.

We finally signed 5 players for the upcomng season this weekend!!!! YES!!!... (We get happy for all the little victories!)

My coaches (3 total) work 12-14 hr days and weekends, and we aren't even practicing. My coaches do other jobs on campus BEFORE they even make it to the football office at 2 pm. Call us at the office at any time after 2 pm and we are there...WORKING!!! and WAITING ON YOUR CALL WITH THAT GREAT PROSPECT!!!

In the wake of all this...we still refuse to give up or give in! Remember, Tough times never last, tough people do. (Joe Paterno said this and he probally stole it from me!!..lol)

We have had to modify our spring practice and cancel our spring game due to the low numbers. OHHHH the drama!!!

Trust me, this info is not for anyone to feel sorry for us but you to get an understanding of the challenges the VERY small black college program faces EVERYDAY.

So that brings us to the point of this post:

THERE ARE MANY SCHOLARSHIPS AT EWC FOR FOOTBALL!!!
Yes indeed....MANY MANY MANY!!!!!

We are building this program from the ground up AGAIN! We need your help. There are some young men still looking for a home. We are going to buid this program again with FRESHMEN and selected JUCO's. THIS IS A PROVEN METHOD AND IT WORKS.

2001 2-8 (ALL FRESHMEN AND WALKONS)
2002 6-4 (SOPH AND WALKONS - played JU Div1AA)
2003 7-4 (SOPH & JR'S - played SSU Div1AA)
2004 8-3 (JR'S & SR'S - WON CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP, PLAYED FAU-DIV 1A BUT LOST, LOST 2 GAMES VERY CLOSE)

We are NOT looking for an quick fix. We are recruiting for the long haul. We will sacrifice experience for size and competitiveness. We want YOUNG, GOAL/COLLEGE ORIENTED, HARD WORKERS who can outright PLAY the minute they get off the bus! Thats reality.

To be eligible to play NAIA you must have:

860 SAT or 18 ACT (off one test) with a 2.0 GPA and a HS DIPLOMA (Not a HS Certificate of Completion)

OR

Be in the TOP HALF of your graduating class based on your OVERALL GPA. There is no Core requirement.

Either one of the above mentioned criteria will get you in.

Coming from a JUCO or as a transfer you must have a minimum of 24 hrs of the last two semesters with a 2.0 GPA. If your GPA is above a 3.0 then you MAY be eligible for a $3000.00 scholarship.

We ARE NOT looking to get a transfer - we don't want anyone saying we are trying to get there players!! I believe what goes around comes around. Hell every year coaches are recruiting my players, but we do not return that type of recruiting. Never have...never will.

ALSO:

A HS senior with:

3.0 & 800 SAT will get $5000.00 Academic Scholarship

3.25 & 900 SAT will get $7000.00 Academic Scholarship

3.5 & 1000 SAT will get a FULL Academic Scholarship

We will combine the above Academic Scholarships with Football Money (based on your talent level and our needs) to make you smile.

We target a lot of out of state SA's with the Academic Scholarships so we can afford more students.

ALL WASHINGTON DC SA'S ARE ELIGBLE FOR FLORIDA EDUCATION MONEY! NEXT YEAR WE WILL LIVE IN DC!!

So there it is people. We need your help . We don't have the budget to fly anyone in or put them up in a nice plush hotel.

Our school is in the "hood", but because of the growth of the college the area's crime rate has dropped significantly. I tell you these things so there will be nooooooooo suprises. We never do our campus visits in the dark. We want you to see what we have and what we don't have.

Our web site is

www.ewc.edu

Consider the opportunity at EWC to get an good education and continue the winning tradion of EWC Football.

Thanks!!!

Coach Massie
HEAD COACH
Edward Waters College
904-470-8282

Where do I sign up? I'm 200lb, bench press about 75 and run the forty in 5 seconds flat(wind-aided). I'll even throw in a coach with a run-based philosphy and over 20 years of experience. :hat:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back