Dallas Mavericks are in desperate need of a point guard

uapbpower

With Mike Jones, I mean Mike James signing with the Timberwolves the Mavericks are left with some scraps in the free agent signing period. They need some outside shooting real bad and if they don't make a trade or sign somebody the 2006-2007 is down the drain.

We all know that Jerry Stackhouse can't play a whole season without getting hurt and Josh Howard will get hurt next season also. So who will the Mavericks turn too to compliment Dirk. Bonzi Wells is available but they don't want him so who should the Mavericks get. Its seems like the Mavericks are being too choicy picking up players because they need to sign some players fast.

Avery Johnson got to realize that he is not going to be friends with all his players and it seems like thats who get the most playing time. Throw that crap out of the window and just be real and sign some free agents. Who should the Mavericks pick up? Who is a good fit for the Mavericks?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Mavs have a PG...they just wanted more. You mentioned Stack and Howard...neither are PGs.

The ROCKETS are the ones who should feel stupid now. They NEED a PG, Mike james WANTED to come here, and they didn't give him what he wanted... just one extra year. DUMMIES.

jag4life said:
Mavs have a PG...they just wanted more. You mentioned Stack and Howard...neither are PGs.

The ROCKETS are the ones who should feel stupid now. They NEED a PG, Mike james WANTED to come here, and they didn't give him what he wanted... just one extra year. DUMMIES.

The ROCKETS are in shambles!!

jag4life said:

:tup: :tup: :tup: Man some people just talk to be talking and the more they open their mouthes the more you see they don't know what the h@ll they're talking about.

uapbpower said:
With Mike Jones, I mean Mike James signing with the Timberwolves the Mavericks are left with some scraps in the free agent signing period. They need some outside shooting real bad and if they don't make a trade or sign somebody the 2006-2007 is down the drain.

We all know that Jerry Stackhouse can't play a whole season without getting hurt and Josh Howard will get hurt next season also. So who will the Mavericks turn too to compliment Dirk. Bonzi Wells is available but they don't want him so who should the Mavericks get. Its seems like the Mavericks are being too choicy picking up players because they need to sign some players fast.

Avery Johnson got to realize that he is not going to be friends with all his players and it seems like thats who get the most playing time. Throw that crap out of the window and just be real and sign some free agents. Who should the Mavericks pick up? Who is a good fit for the Mavericks?
You are just ASSUMING he will get hurt??? And like JAG4LIFE said, neither Stackhouse nor Howard is a PG. They still have Devin Harris & Jason Terry. They can wait until the season starts and grab a vet off the scrap heap.

Man, give me JT anyday. He proved his worth in the finals, even though they came up short. I'll take JT over white chocolate(one of the 3 stooges) anyday.

The problem with Devin Harris is he won't be able to be the point guard that they need him to be in the little window of opportunity that they have to win an NBA Championship. They have a shot next year and the year after next and then that is IT. D. Harris won't (in my opinion) be a NBA point guard that can get you to a championship in the next two years.

Isn't Sam Cassell a free agent?

They have address two problems with their team and that is getting a physical guard for the likes of D. Wade and Kobe with their draft pick and picking up Greg Buckner. Also, they have a better backup for Dirk. I expect they are simply going to continue to develop Diop at the center.

jag4life said:

An extra year and a trade kicker. Considering how he was bounced from here the first time, the Rockets should have jumped all OVER it.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Isn't Mike James the guard that played for Houston a couple years ago. I remember him in the 1st round of the playoffs against Dallas and HE LIT DALLAS UP.

Guard Mike James, carrying the scars of the stunning trade that sent him out of Houston before last season, could not bear the thought of it happening again.

With the Rockets directing all of their free-agent efforts on bringing James back and James proclaiming his determination to come "home," he instead accepted a nearly identical four-year offer from the Minnesota Timberwolves on Tuesday.

James said he wouldn't sign with the Rockets because they would not give him an option to opt out of his contract after three seasons and would not allow a trade kicker in the agreement.

WHO THE HELL IS HE TO ASK FOR A NO TRADE CLAUSE.:vomit:

TSU_TIGERNUPE said:
Guard Mike James, carrying the scars of the stunning trade that sent him out of Houston before last season, could not bear the thought of it happening again.

With the Rockets directing all of their free-agent efforts on bringing James back and James proclaiming his determination to come "home," he instead accepted a nearly identical four-year offer from the Minnesota Timberwolves on Tuesday.

James said he wouldn't sign with the Rockets because they would not give him an option to opt out of his contract after three seasons and would not allow a trade kicker in the agreement.

WHO THE HELL IS HE TO ASK FOR A NO TRADE CLAUSE.:vomit:

Obviously he was able to get it here with the Timberwolves. It wasn't an unreasonable request. Heck you might want him to opt after his 3rd year if he aint doing nothing for you. Also I can't blame him for not wanting to be traded back and forth. Not saying that he is some star or something but hey it aint nothing wrong with asking. I see nothing wrong with protecting himself if he can. The Rockets management is making a debacle of this offseason. Shane Battier for Swift and Rudy Gay? I guess Van Gundy wants another defender.

JR said:
I guess Van Gundy wants another defender.
How long before the Rockets wise up and get rid of this guy? How long will they keep him on the sidelines? Miami got rid of thier Gundy and won a Championship. And I think that he was the best coach out of the 2 of them.

JR said:
Shane Battier for Swift and Rudy Gay? I guess Van Gundy wants another defender.

The Memphis fans say they wished they had kept him. I don't know much about him but the fans seem to love him.

Back