cstv

They don't have the contract with the Swac, ESPNU has it. THey may pick up other games that ESPNU don't show.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Keep in mind that CSTV is now owned by CBS. Not saying that this has anything to do with it, but just putting it out there.

Just viewed the 2006 ESPNU TV football schedule. Only 1 HBCU game scheduled, Bethune Cookman vs FAMU.

Has anyone heard anything from the SWAC office regarding the SWAC TV schedule?

the schedule fell into some type of 12 game rotation now....you won't see what you saw last year when we had a game almost every weekend. If a game is played it's going to be at the better stadiums in the conference.

If I can remember correctly, a lot of the games that were shown last year on ESPNU did not appear on the pre-season TV schedule anyway. Am I right, or am I trippin??

a few....but now that they have the market established and demographics figured out...they now know what games to show...

we may get a token game but if our games didn't generate any TV interest or the TV crew had hell to deal with when they were on campus kiss TV goodbye

Oh well, back to BET.....LOL

I think this is one of the problems with BCF. I keep harping on this but there are only so many schools that people want to see. Demographics will be c****ty when you look at the games they showed last year. We can't please everybody while trying to hold BCF together. Again, I want to harp on 1-A football. People talk about sponsorships, etc...but I personally believe that a better, reliable football package would be available to us if we had 8 1-A teams. I refuse to believe that the Southland Conference has more football interest than us, yet the continuously get better packages. We need a TV package that is willing to show us live and on SATURDAYS. BET used to show the JSU-Southern game live and the JSU-Alcorn game live.

I am glad I have not switched over to Direct TV yet. :lmao:

On the other hand, I THOUGHT that ESPNU gave us a 3 year deal. What happened to that?

3-year deal? maybe on paper but no telling what language was in the contract...still waiting for ALL the Russell Products to be sold in local stores.

Only a select few gets to sport equipment...

...actually it was a 7-year deal (must have been a LOT of fine print).

http://www.adweek.com/mw/news/cabletv/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000800018

Under the terms of the agreement, ESPNU will televise a minimum of seven football games and eight basketball games from each conference, including a SWAC football championship and basketball tournament coverage. Other MEAC and SWAC events include women?s basketball, softball and volleyball.

also:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=1993546

Tigerpride said:
...actually it was a 7-year deal (must have been a LOT of fine print).

http://www.adweek.com/mw/news/cabletv/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000800018

Under the terms of the agreement, ESPNU will televise a minimum of seven football games and eight basketball games from each conference, including a SWAC football championship and basketball tournament coverage. Other MEAC and SWAC events include women?s basketball, softball and volleyball.

also:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=1993546
Ok............so are we saying that ESPNU is getting out of the deal?

WalkWitaPanther said:
Ok............so are we saying that ESPNU is getting out of the deal?

None of us know what's going on. We are just speculating. However, I looked at some old threads and ESPNU did not announce it's HBCU lineup until around the second week of July.

Personally, I don't think the deal is all that great. I think the schools get 25,000 per year/per school. Also Thursday night is BS. If they can't get JSU on Saturdays, I would rather not be on TV. Not many SWAC schools can pull a Thursday night crowd and 25K/year certainly is not worth the gate.

I wonder if our leaders actually talk to BET and BFC about what WE want. I wonder if WE could go to a network and offer them 4 or 5 of our top games as a package. I don't see how a network could turn down, JSU vs Southern, JSU vs Alcorn, AlaState vs AAMU, Grambling vs PV, Alcorn vs Southern. Grambling's or Southern's Homecoming (if they are against SWAC opponents) could also be an option. I think we need to showcase the best we have and take it from there.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Tigerpride said:
I wonder if our leaders actually talk to BET and BFC about what WE want.
judging by that delayed broadcast foolishness (with TV timeouts during the actual game :smh: ), obviously, they're not doing much talking.

thegooddoctor said:
oNLY 1
SWAC GAME ON
CSTV THIS SEASON?

i WON'T BE SUBSCRIBING TO THEM THIS SEASON.

Didn't cstv plan to show more D1-A games starting this year?
If I'm not mistaken, ESPNU will do the same with the lower level D1-A's............Mid-Major conferences that they are not going to show on the MAJOR NETWORKS and ESPN.:bump: ........... (to SWAC and the rest of 1-aa)

I think I remember reading that a while back.

Keep in mind too, that ESPNU is still not available in a lot of markets, and a lot of the big cable providers are still not including it in thier sports packages. So if you're not a satellite subscriber, you're screwed any way.

NICE

Back