CST to broadcast S.U. games nationally

bluedog

"Leader of Kings"
Saturday morning started off like any other for the average Jaguar fan they would get up and tune their radio in to 1550 am and listen to the always informative Jaguar Journal hosted by Carlos Brown and former coach Bob Bennett.

This Saturday brought with it an unusual and very large surprise. As Victor Phelps Ceo of New Vision sat down and squash rumors about the company being bankrupt, he give everyone of the Jaguar faithfuls a huge and early Xmas gift by announcing that he had just sighed an agreement with Cox Sports Televison for seven years to broadcast seven of Southern University football and basketball games and along with plans to air the games on satellite radio.

Phelps says that this is an unprecedented event in American sports for schools like Southern to have such a huge television package and that the plans are to eventually include some of the non-revenue sports also.

bluedog said:
Saturday morning started off like any other for the average Jaguar fan they would get up and tune their radio in to 1550 am and listen to the always informative Jaguar Journal hosted by Carlos Brown and former coach Bob Bennett.

This Saturday brought with it an unusual and very large surprise. As Victor Phelps Ceo of New Vision sat down and squash rumors about the company being bankrupt, he gave everyone of the Jaguar faithfuls a huge and early Xmas gift by announcing that he had just sighed an agreement with Cox Sports Televison for seven years to broadcast seven of Southern University football and basketball games and along with plans to air the games on satellite radio.

Phelps says that this is an unprecedented event in American sports for schools like Southern to have such a huge television package and that the plans are to eventually include some of the non-revenue sports also.

Yeah, but I think Cox will be the production end and send the broadcast to the Cox affiliates (Louisiana, South Miss, South Ark, South Ala, Florida Panhandle) whereas Collegiate Sports Television will send the signal nationwide and on Sirrus Satellite Radio. That was my understanding and it included all games, even away. Not only that, but you will have real-time stats on the net and streaming video.

Still waiting to hear official release.

Jagster said:
Yeah, but I think Cox will be the production end and send the broadcast to the Cox affiliates (Louisiana, South Miss, South Ark, South Ala, Florida Panhandle) whereas Collegiate Sports Television will send the signal nationwide and on Sirrus Satellite Radio. That was my understanding and it included all games, even away. Not only that, but you will have real-time stats on the net and streaming video.

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Conrats Su, just make sure you have fans in the stands for the Basketball games. This is a good start for HBCU Sports.

JagsPride said:
Back in 2003, we had a multi-year deal with Cox Sports Television. Is this a new deal, or an extension or revival of the old deal?

http://www.onnidan.com/02-03/news/january/subr0109.htm

Well this is going to be national. As mentioned in the second post, Cox will still be doing the broadcast, but CST will send the signal nationwide to its affiliates. They will also be doing real-time stats and streaming video for the web. So you can get this data transmitted to your PDA's, computer, cell phones, etc. When SU played USC in basketball this year, I could follow the game play-by-play from my cell phone, SU will have the same technology available. This is still speculation because we still haven't gotten an official release, but it stands credible from the sources.

Jagster said:

Is the deal you are referring to with CSTV? http://www.collegesports.com

Back