Committee chair explains HBCU playoff snubs

BS excuse. You are penalizing a team because with winning almost every conference game!!! I can see if the NCAA only had a 4 team playoff, but we are talking about 14 at large bids!!! I still feel Prairie View and Bethune should have gotten in.

I am sorry but I cannot have much sympathy for the leagues. We chose to turn down the automatic bids to play the SWAC championship and The Celebration Bowl. Those games bring in badly needed money so the decision is perfectly understandable. You cannot really blame the selection committee for not picking the next best teams.

In other words, "you black folks don't belong here."

coffee.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry but I cannot have much sympathy for the leagues. We chose to turn down the automatic bids to play the SWAC championship and The Celebration Bowl. Those games bring in badly needed money so the decision is perfectly understandable. You cannot really blame the selection committee for not picking the next best teams.
The SWAC never had an automatic bid.

Now since the white man has confirmed what many of us already knew. I guess we can squash this nonsense.

In other words, "you black folks don't belong here."

coffee.gif

Not only that, like I said over and over they don't won't you black folks to get any shine so they can keep scaring recruits into thinking they won't get exposure at an HBCU. Not going to change anytime soon because until our best athletes start using HBCUs they will always make the PWI seem superior to our recruits

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's play the "What If" game....

What if Prairie View would have played McNeese, Northwestern, or Lamar instead of scheduling that Faith-Florida team....and actually defeated McNeese, Northwestern, or Lamar....

The way I see it Prairie View should have been chosen for the playoffs but scheduling these club teams can hurt on the grand scheme of things.

The ONLY reason HBCUs need to kick the living shit out of HWCUs when we play them. Beat them at their own game first: recruiting. No "soft" majors to dumb down our brand.

Exactly. We have players at the skill positions. We need to get better in recruiting players in the trenches and our coaches need to get better at making adjustments during the game. Schedule them, beat them, and then throw it in their face that their playoff is watered down.

Why was this a big surprise? We have the SWAC Championship Game and Celebration Bowl in place. It was well-known fact that it would have been highly unlikely that a SWAC runner-up would have received a bid. Scheduling the Faith school and giving up 70 points to Grambling in a loss is why PV was left out. Had they scheduled and beat someone like McNeese, or Sam Houston, or Central Arkansas instead of Faith, then they would have had a legitimate gripe. Same thing with BCU, instead of scheduling Lane, they should have scheduled someone like The Citadel or Jacksonville State and beat them. Can't schedule those sub-D-1 schools and think it will be enough for you to get an at-large bid.

Back