Colin Kaepernick refuses to stand for the anthem in protest

#VeteransForKaepernick trends as vets defend NFL player

San Francisco
(CNN)Slammed as unpatriotic and disrespectful, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has taken heat for refusing to stand during the national anthem.
Kaepernick was criticized as being insulting to those who made sacrifices for the country. A Gold Star mom who lost her son in an IED attack in Afghanistan told CNN that her heart stopped and she lost her breath when Kaepernick said he couldn't stand for the flag. Local war veterans in San Francisco criticized him as a poor role model, according to CNN affiliate KRON. The San Francisco police union has demanded the NFL denounce Kaepernick's "foolish statements."

read

This is good reading. I'm so glad you posted this. I work at one of the Veterans hospitals here in the central Arkansas area. While my job in the lab doesn't allow me a lot of interaction with our Veterans, I do occasionally get to talk with them whenever I have to perform phlebotomy (draw blood) for our surgery and pre-Op vets. This week, however, my rotation assignment is the Processing area of the lab; this is where our Veterans come for blood draw, so I pounced on the opportunity to get their views on this.

I talked with 3 Veterans, one white male (post-Korea), one Black male (post-Korea), and one white woman (Desert Storm). All, naturally, do stand during the playing of the national anthem, but all did mention this in their responses: it's about what the national anthem represents, the country, and defending the country so that people can have the right to express and stand for what they believe in. The men I spoke with did say that if you truly stand behind what you believe in, not only will you fight for it, you'll die for what you believe in.

I talked with 3 Veterans, one white male (post-Korea), one Black male (post-Korea), and one white woman (Desert Storm). All, naturally, do stand during the playing of the national anthem, but all did mention this in their responses: it's about what the national anthem represents, the country, and defending the country so that people can have the right to express and stand for what they believe in. The men I spoke with did say that if you truly stand behind what you believe in, not only will you fight for it, you'll die for what you believe in.

+1

Kaepernick's career is over if you read what NFL executives say:

"I don't want him anywhere near my team," one front office executive said. "He's a traitor."

A traitor?

He wasn't alone in the anger directed toward Kaepernick. In interviews with seven team executives, each said he didn't want Kaepernick on his team. This is far from scientific, but I believe this is likely the feeling among many front office executives. Not all. But many.

All seven estimated 90 to 95 percent of NFL front offices felt the same way they did. One executive said he hasn't seen this much collective dislike among front office members regarding a player since Rae Carruth. Remember Rae Carruth? He's still in prison for the plot to murder his pregnant girlfriend.

But in NFL front offices, the feeling is very different.

"He has no respect for our country," one team executive said. "F--k that guy."

Another said that if an owner asked him to sign Kaepernick, he would consider resigning, rather than do it.

There could be some executives who have no issue with Kaepernick, but I doubt there are many. Each executive said he believes Kaepernick will likely get released by the 49ers—and never play in the NFL again.

Unfortunately it is.

I can't believe that Colin is as hated as a man who put a hit on the mother of his child. It's sick.

A piece of cloth and a song have more respect than a person. SMH

Rae Carruth would be more hated if that mother of his child would have been a white girl. Just like OJ would have been believed by white America had it been his first wife that ended up dead.

You already know the deal.

The most telling story of all is after learning that this is what a poll of your peers had to say. Then you turn around and have conversation about why we aren't respected by them.

We aren't respected by them not because of how we dress, not because of how we talk, not because of crime in our communities, not even because of the color of our skin (because they really wish they had it).

We aren't respected because we don't have the courage to respect ourselves even after we've been disrespected.

2016-09-01_20.31.47_zpskcpcegnj.jpg~original

You can smoke as many $100 cigars as you like, you can drive as many nearly six figure cars as you like. Until we have enough courage to respect ourselves nothing will ever change or get done.

I'm fully aware of the effects that decades of brainwashing and tradition has on us, but this is our website and we are amongst friends and family and we can't muster up enough anger to even push a poll on this topic up to at least a 50/50 split even if some change their position on the matter after the anger cease. SMDH.

Unfortunately I'm not surprised at all, as I stated earlier we can come up with a million excuses or reasons why not to support our own so no need to go on any rant and for those of you that love to pm me and tell me how much you agree with things I say but won't post it openly....miss me with that today.

Last edited:
I hope more players sit down...f that flag..

I hope it trickle down to our players...SU take a seat big baby!!!!!!

They never loved us...

I hope the Jukebox stop playing that piece of shat of song..

I hope more players sit down...f that flag..

I hope it trickle down to our players...SU take a seat big baby!!!!!!

They never loved us...

I hope the Jukebox stop playing that piece of shat of song..
It would be dope if every HBCU band stopped playing the anthem and they took down the flag at every HBCU football game this season.

It would be dope if every HBCU band stopped playing the anthem and they took down the flag at every HBCU football game this season.

If I had FB, I would reach out to Haymer and 'ask' him to consider not playing the song...I mean he's the director and that's all I can do is ask..

If I had FB, I would reach out to Haymer and 'ask' him to consider not playing the song...I mean he's the director and that's all I can do is ask..

If you recall Doc had them play the black national anthem for years

Back