Colin Kaepernick refuses to stand for the anthem in protest

And many of those at the Alamo were from Alabama and had fought with Jackson in the Creek War and Battle of New Orleans and played a major role in the "Trail of Tears".
That is really something. All of these pro-slavery mofos transported in to fight the Mexicans because they did not want slavery in their country. Remember, the first Texans were squatters.

"To Manifest Destiny".....some strong cool-aid.

As someone who enlisted in the U.S Air Force at 19, after flunking out of college; I can tell you, most black people aren’t in the military because they love this country. They’re there because they effed up and are going away to reinvent themselves, they grew up in the hood and there was limited/no other opportunities, or they need money for college — ergo Montgomery GI Bill.

So, let’s stop with the “you’re disrespecting other black people who fought for your freedom by not standing or placing your hand over your heart during the National Anthem” rhetoric.

First of all, the lyrics to the Star Spangled Banner — as penned by Francis Scott Key from “Defence of Fort M’Henry” were written in 1814. Slavery was still on and popping. So, we’re supposed to be in awe of this great land, and all its opportunities–when black people were still slaves at the time?

Secondly. Exactly which war was fought on behalf of the freedom of black people? At its core, the Civil War was fought over state autonomy and state vs federal authority…not freeing slaves. According to the 1857 Dred Scott decision, no person with African blood could become a U.S. citizen. This wasn’t even even 200 years ago, folks.

Thirdly. Where was all this false patriotism when my uncles and other black men returned from the Vietnam War and were booed and spat on? Can you imagine what it must’ve been like to be drafted into a war, experience racism from racist superiors, be exposed to Agent Orange, and return to systemic racism, and oppression in a country you just “fought for”?

Suddenly, we’re “unpatriotic” and a “stupid n****r” if we don’t want to pledge allegiance to an inanimate object or stand in awe of a song professing of “the land of the free” when this country was built on the free-labored backs of the our ancestors? Seriously?

Furthermore, “Fighting for freedom” is an oxymoron and the greatest lie ever sold. If this is the greatest country in the world, why do we need to invade other countries to attain freedom? Wars are started over control of money, oil, gold, and opium poppy fields. Period.

No one is hurting or disrespecting anyone by not standing at attention or saluting this BS.

Bighead is this your narrative or someone else's?

As a Navy man and I am proud of it ( Always was a goal of mine to serve) . I have no issue with Colin and why he did what he did. I also have no issue with anyone who decides to protest as long as it does not infringe on anyone else's rights. Meaning don't burn my black business down because you protesting. Burn them other folks stuff. My heartburn is folks quick to diss other blacks for not having to same opinions as they do. Although we were slaves and treated like crap in this country. My ancestors built this mofo. So even though that flag or anthem was something that did not include us at the time. I will be damn if I don't claim this land my ancestors who died and sacrificed everything to build America up. We have such rich history that is untold. I also realize that every country has it's atrocities. Even our beloved home continent of Africa. The Human Race no matter what has been fighting each other to control something. African tribes vs African tribes,.Countries invading other countries, folks fighting over religious differences and finally folks fighting just because they look different from each other or just over stupid crap. We condemn America when in the grand scheme of things. All races have their demons and issues. Why did the Japanese brutalize China in their invasion? They still don't like each other. The Europeans have been ass holes forever in trying to conquer some damn body. Starting with England.

In saying all that. We got to stop the blame game and start doing something. It's deeper than just the athletes protesting or wanting them to go our schools. We need to work with OUR people to do what Dr King and others who died for us to have the little stuff we have now to do better. We got to Vote. Not in just Presidential Elections. But our local elections. We got to hold our elected officials in our community accountable. I am from a predominately black city in Jackson, but right now in my hometown we got a BLACK Mayor who too busy harassing the SISTERS that work with him. Instead of trying to fight the system in MS to make Jackson a better place. If we mobilize the communities we came from and try to mentor the disenfranchised to improve things. Stand up to the ones who don't mean our hoods no good. Then we can get a start to improving some things in our lives. We can't keep beyotching and moaning about what these celebrity athletes do or don't do. It is going to take us everyday brothers and sisters to help improve our communities.

While I appreciate what Kaep is trying to do. Once the media is tired of reporting him sitting down for the anthem or some other big story comes along, the same ole crap is still happening in our black communities. The Federal Government is not going to help us. We got to stop all this bickering between our own-selves and rally to do something. All this grand standing or media time only goes so far. Remember the phrase. "The Revolution will not be Televised" I have always taken that to mean we need to lead a movement with out the fanfare and before anyone knows it, we are sitting at the table with the money and power in hand. The Jews did their stuff on the low and next thing you knew, they had control of all of the media. You see how the Asian community is when they get over here. They own downtown L.A. Them white folks didn't realize what was happening until it was too late. LOL. Next up is the Hispanics. They are slowly but surely making moves. They still have violence in their community. But soon they will have a large voting block and it's own. The real reason white mofos who support Trump want them gone. They aint scared of us Blacks making a move to do something except Protest. They are scared of them Brown folks. Because they are just going about their business and their population is growing rapidly and they will soon outnumber all of us.

Bighead is this your narrative or someone else's?

As a Navy man and I am proud of it ( Always was a goal of mine to serve) . I have no issue with Colin and why he did what he did. I also have no issue with anyone who decides to protest as long as it does not infringe on anyone else's rights. Meaning don't burn my black business down because you protesting. Burn them other folks stuff. My heartburn is folks quick to diss other blacks for not having to same opinions as they do. Although we were slaves and treated like crap in this country. My ancestors built this mofo. So even though that flag or anthem was something that did not include us at the time. I will be damn if I don't claim this land my ancestors who died and sacrificed everything to build America up. We have such rich history that is untold. I also realize that every country has it's atrocities. Even our beloved home continent of Africa. The Human Race no matter what has been fighting each other to control something. African tribes vs African tribes,.Countries invading other countries, folks fighting over religious differences and finally folks fighting just because they look different from each other or just over stupid crap. We condemn America when in the grand scheme of things. All races have their demons and issues. Why did the Japanese brutalize China in their invasion? They still don't like each other. The Europeans have been ass holes forever in trying to conquer some damn body. Starting with England.

In saying all that. We got to stop the blame game and start doing something. It's deeper than just the athletes protesting or wanting them to go our schools. We need to work with OUR people to do what Dr King and others who died for us to have the little stuff we have now to do better. We got to Vote. Not in just Presidential Elections. But our local elections. We got to hold our elected officials in our community accountable. I am from a predominately black city in Jackson, but right now in my hometown we got a BLACK Mayor who too busy harassing the SISTERS that work with him. Instead of trying to fight the system in MS to make Jackson a better place. If we mobilize the communities we came from and try to mentor the disenfranchised to improve things. Stand up to the ones who don't mean our hoods no good. Then we can get a start to improving some things in our lives. We can't keep beyotching and moaning about what these celebrity athletes do or don't do. It is going to take us everyday brothers and sisters to help improve our communities.

While I appreciate what Kaep is trying to do. Once the media is tired of reporting him sitting down for the anthem or some other big story comes along, the same ole crap is still happening in our black communities. The Federal Government is not going to help us. We got to stop all this bickering between our own-selves and rally to do something. All this grand standing or media time only goes so far. Remember the phrase. "The Revolution will not be Televised" I have always taken that to mean we need to lead a movement with out the fanfare and before anyone knows it, we are sitting at the table with the money and power in hand. The Jews did their stuff on the low and next thing you knew, they had control of all of the media. You see how the Asian community is when they get over here. They own downtown L.A. Them white folks didn't realize what was happening until it was too late. LOL. Next up is the Hispanics. They are slowly but surely making moves. They still have violence in their community. But soon they will have a large voting block and it's own. The real reason white mofos who support Trump want them gone. They aint scared of us Blacks making a move to do something except Protest. They are scared of them Brown folks. Because they are just going about their business and their population is growing rapidly and they will soon outnumber all of us.

This is another narrative...from another veteran..

my apologies for the mislead

dang%20thing_zpsoxr0lkvy.jpg

Last edited:
I hope they remove his c**n ass off the network..

Let me hop on there and get the train started to boycott this clown..

We got to get these coons off these networks...

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/nba-le...ar-calls-kaepernicks-anthem/story?id=41742897

Basketball legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar weighed in on the controversy surrounding Colin Kaepernick's decision to sit during the national anthem, in an op-ed published today in The Washington Post, portraying his protest as "highly patriotic."

"What should horrify Americans is not Kaepernick’s choice to remain seated during the national anthem, but that nearly 50 years after [Muhammad] Ali was banned from boxing for his stance and Tommie Smith and John Carlos’s raised fists caused public ostracization and numerous death threats, we still need to call attention to the same racial inequities," Abdul-Jabbar wrote, referring to prominent protests by black athletes that were once considered controversial but have since become iconic symbols of the U.S. civil rights movement.

Abdul-Jabbar's defense of Kaepernick comes amid growing backlash against the quarterback's actions.

Everyone has their own ideas, obviously, for what Mr Kaep stands for, and he's to be saluted for his stand.

So now the question begs, what are each of us going to individually do? No one has the power or right to dictate how we either support or disapprove. I've never EVER not stood when the nat'l anthem was played, while knowing the song's history, among a few other things that are revered in this country that I consider taboo. I wanted to be a serviceman and never EVER wanted to go to college; I settled on college once I was discharged from the us army 3 months after intake when they discovered my little secret (legally deaf). I wanted to serve 30 yrs active duty, get degrees on their dime, and then retire @ 48 w/ their full benefits. It was never about patriotism w/ me; it was about economic desire not to be poor and uneducated anymore. All of us have our own personal stake and interests so they have to be exercised individually. I will not bemoan anyone for choosing as they do. I simply do what I do. I stand and I reflect [re-connect] to all of my culture who paved the path/sacrificed for me and this little lush lifestyle we, all of us, now live in this country. It's not he best and it's not perfect but this realistically is all we have. And fortunately, we can help continue to change it for those who are coming behind us.

So, what are you actually standing or sitting for?

In the recent past, the folks didn't want people of color doing anything w/ their precious flag and that includes touching it. And today, they don't want you sitting as others pay tribute to their precious relic. The mental dysfunction in this country and its power structure is real.

take-stock-copyright-3.jpg

I have not forgotten what happened to Gabby Douglas when she stood at attention for the national anthem. She got a lot of criticism while others did not for doing the same thing.

I thought that San Francisco was the most or one of the most liberal cities in the country.

Also, Black twitter will go after someone with a vengeance.

www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-no-gabby-douglas-anthem-outrage-white-olympic-medalists-article-1.2760918

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYn5F8-j9p4

Then again the bosses at NBC may have had something to say. Rob Parker was on ESPN before his comments about RG3.

Harrison got put on the c**n train. He had to come back and apologize so he could get off on the next stop before it was too late lol

I personally find the use of the "c**n" word offensive. Thanks JR and Bewildered for your mature posts.

I personally find the use of the "c**n" word offensive. Thanks JR and Bewildered for your mature posts.

No problem JC. We must have mature dialogue to move forward. The problem we have is we want to label somebody just because of their personal view points.

Secondly. Exactly which war was fought on behalf of the freedom of black people? At its core, the Civil War was fought over state autonomy and state vs federal authority…not freeing slaves. According to the 1857 Dred Scott decision, no person with African blood could become a U.S. citizen. This wasn’t even even 200 years ago, folks.

No one is hurting or disrespecting anyone by not standing at attention or saluting this BS.

Yeah...the confederate states' "autonomy" to keep Black folks enslaved and treat us like crap. If the end result is freedom then the ends justify the means.

#VeteransForKaepernick trends as vets defend NFL player

San Francisco
(CNN)Slammed as unpatriotic and disrespectful, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has taken heat for refusing to stand during the national anthem.
Kaepernick was criticized as being insulting to those who made sacrifices for the country. A Gold Star mom who lost her son in an IED attack in Afghanistan told CNN that her heart stopped and she lost her breath when Kaepernick said he couldn't stand for the flag. Local war veterans in San Francisco criticized him as a poor role model, according to CNN affiliate KRON. The San Francisco police union has demanded the NFL denounce Kaepernick's "foolish statements."

read

Back