Carmelo Anthony to Cleveland, Kevin Love to Boston in potential blockbuster trade

Bane

The Vilian
Kevin Love Trade Rumors

The Cleveland Cavaliers and Boston Celtics have reportedly discussed a potential three-team trade that would send power forward Kevin Love to Boston, per Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.

The third team involved in the proposal is the New York Knicks, who are reportedly looking to send Carmelo Anthony to Cleveland, although he would have to waive his no-trade clause for it to happen.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ors-latest-news-speculation-on-cavaliers-star

The only upgrade for Cleveland would be Melo being able to create his own shot but you lose the rebounds Love gives.

But are there enough balls for Lebron, Kyrie and Melo? lol And an older more injury prone Melo with a younger injury prone Kyrie is something that would give me pause if I am GM Lebron

Last edited:

Rebounds for Love? Love spends most of his time hovering around the three-point line, so what rebounds are they talking about? If I'm Cleveland, I'd immediately take the deal and get rid of Love ASAP.

Melo isn't a fit for what Cleveland wants to do, which is play with more pace. Melo, while a great scorer, is a ball stopper. LeBron is a ball stopper. Kyrie is a ball stopper.

It wouldn't be best to have that many players who are isolation guys on the floor at the same time.

Plus, Melo isn't a high percentage 3-point shooter (31 percent this season). Kyrie is a 29 percent 3-point shooter. LeBron is a 27 percent 3-point shooter. Love is a 36 percent 3-point shooter and still gives you 10 boards a game. If Cleveland wants to beat a team like GSW in the Finals, they need wings who can spread the floor in the half court

No, they need a half court game to beat Golden State/San Antonio, especially when the game slows down during the playoffs.
Kevin Love gives little consistency to the offense, and nothing on defense. In addition to that, he can't be counted on in clutch moments.
Plus it would be a good thing to get rid of that huge contract Love was given. He's surely not worth it.

No, they need a half court game to beat Golden State/San Antonio, especially when the game slows down during the playoffs.
Kevin Love gives little consistency to the offense, and nothing on defense. In addition to that, he can't be counted on in clutch moments.
Plus it would be a good thing to get rid of that huge contract Love was given. He's surely not worth it.

Melo has a huge contract and is 31.

Rebounds for Love? Love spends most of his time hovering around the three-point line, so what rebounds are they talking about? If I'm Cleveland, I'd immediately take the deal and get rid of Love ASAP.
No!!! Love does gives us rebounds. I don't like Love in our system, but I HATE to have Melo too. Atleast Love provides some resemblance of defense. Melo has nothing on the defense side. We need another defensive player like Howard or Lance Stephenson.

So who in the hell gonna play D? Also, Carmelo isn't the same Carmelo from three years ago. All they had to do was not listen to the media and keep Wiggins and they could be running up and down the court at will. smh

So who in the hell gonna play D? Also, Carmelo isn't the same Carmelo from three years ago. All they had to do was not listen to the media and keep Wiggins and they could be running up and down the court at will. smh

I don't know if the Wiggins we see now would be that same Wiggins in Cleveland playing with Kyrie and LeBron

I don't know if the Wiggins we see now would be that same Wiggins in Cleveland playing with Kyrie and LeBron

But my point is what did Love ever do anything other than put up big numbers on a bad team? Hell, Iverson was never surrounded by much offensively but he still carried his team to the playoffs. Before Cleveland Love was never close to the playoffs. At least with Wiggins you had a chance to groom him ala Pippen with Jordan if you wanna go with the what ifs. The Bulls could have gone with a vet but they took a chance with Pippen. The rest is history now. The same could have been with Wiggins. But....GM Lebron listened to the wrong people.

I heard the Rockets have Dwight Howard on the trading block. Why not Kevin Love for Dwight Howard straight up?

But my point is what did Love ever do anything other than put up big numbers on a bad team? Hell, Iverson was never surrounded by much offensively but he still carried his team to the playoffs. Before Cleveland Love was never close to the playoffs. At least with Wiggins you had a chance to groom him ala Pippen with Jordan if you wanna go with the what ifs. The Bulls could have gone with a vet but they took a chance with Pippen. The rest is history now. The same could have been with Wiggins. But....GM Lebron listened to the wrong people.

There was no carrying those T-Wolves teams to the playoffs in the West.

I heard the Rockets have Dwight Howard on the trading block. Why not Kevin Love for Dwight Howard straight up?

Dwight Howard hasn't liked being the second option in Houston. How do you think he'd handle being a distant third option in Cleveland?

The only upgrade for Cleveland would be Melo being able to create his own shot but you lose the rebounds Love gives.

But are there enough balls for Lebron, Kyrie and Melo? lol And an older more injury prone Melo with a younger injury prone Kyrie is something that would give me pause if I am GM Lebron

Only thing to consider, I love Melo, but as a defender, he is horrible.

When has Howard ever been happy, well maybe in Orlando. With his limited skill set he should be happy to be even the second option.

The talking heads actually brought them up as a possible suitor (all be it very slim). He was at his best being the big fish in a small pond but decided that his brand and money was more important than winning. Plus Orlando or a team like Boston (which most see as the best team/fit for him now) have a young core that is playing well now (Boston is the #4 seed now, Orlando is 3 games behind the Hornets in the loss column for the #8 seed) so although they might need a big man do they need THIS big man? If he think it was bad in LA, wait until he gets a taste of Boston if he doesn't play well and makes a couple of more babies up there

When has Howard ever been happy, well maybe in Orlando. With his limited skill set he should be happy to be even the second option.

Of course he should be, but it won't change that he isn't. Regardless, that move doesn't get Cleveland any closer to a title than their current construction.

Back