Braxton Miller headed to Bama?

I tell you what. They need to do something because the QB's they have on the roster now suck.
I'm not sure Braxton would fit their offensive philosophy. Dude would always make a costly turnover or disappear when needed most in Ohio State's biggest games (see Orange Bowl vs. Clemson and Big 10 Championship Game in 2013)

Braxton is a good kid and a very good athlete and definitely better at the QB position than what Bama had last year. In the Bama scheme he would not have to do as much as he did at Ohio State when he did start. Folks forget he had to play right away as a True Freshman right after Terrelle Pryor and Coach Tressel had to leave and was thrust into a bad situation that Fall. Then he had to carry the team on offense outside of Carlos Hyde the next couple of years until he got hurt which he was getting dinged every year. So all that running and evening throwing has taken a toll on his body. I think he would be better served moving to another position because he is a heck of an athlete. But going to Alabama he would not have to carry the load. But to me he would be better at LSU with their weapons at the skill position spot. But I think Saban and Meyer secretly talk outside of football. Folks forget they were on staff together at Ohio State under Earle Bruce. So it would not shock me if Braxton ended up at Bama. Better fit in the SEC is LSU though with all those WRs and that RB. Bama WRs will be green this year. RB is set though. It would keep him healthy to be in an offense that runs the ball with a committee of RBs. Urban's offense is going to get him hurt again if he could get the starting position back which I don't think he can. Not as a QB.

I'm not sure Braxton would fit their offensive philosophy. Dude would always make a costly turnover or disappear when needed most in Ohio State's biggest games (see Orange Bowl vs. Clemson and Big 10 Championship Game in 2013)

He would be better in an offense that he don't have to carry the load. He won a lot of games for Ohio State. He didn't disappear. He had to do too much a lot of the time. Our WRs were not as dependable as they became last year during the Braxton early years. Orange Bowl was strictly the defense not being able to stop anybody which was the reason they lost the BIG 10 Championship game. Braxton had to put up so many damn points to stay in those games it was crazy. Defense gave up too many big plays which put Braxton back on the field trying to save the day which got him beat up and of course turn the ball over. I do agree he had some ball security issues at times. But I think a lot of it was from all the running and throwing he had to do. Last year's team DEFENSE improved. The addition of Larry Johnson Sr to the Defensive staff helped the DL become much better and the URBAN recruits on defense finally got on the field. I liked Shazier and those other guys. But they were not as nasty as we had when Dantonio was coaching our defense under Tressel. That's why Michigan State defense stays nasty now. We lost that. We had talent. But the aggressiveness was not there until this past season. Urban is bringing in not just talent. But cats with a motor and nastiness. Braxton never got to play with an defense like that and even the offense got better with Keyshawn's Nephew getting on the field. Devin Smith finally living up to his potential. Poor Braxton only had Carlos Hyde and Huermann at TE helping him on offense.

I tell you what. They need to do something because the QB's they have on the roster now suck.

Yep. Those kids are seeing being a QB at Alabama don't get you a NFL starting gig or being a high draft choice. Then you play in a boring offense as far as most QBs these days are concerned. Saban is going to have issues at that position as long as he plays that way. Top Pro Style Qbs can go to Stanford and other schools now. The rest of these top Qbs are mostly out of read option offenses and are truly dual threat guys. So not as many stand in the pocket QBs coming out of these HS programs. So his talent pool is going to be smaller for those AJ McCarron or Greg McElroy types. You probably get maybe 1 of them to sign with you and you better hope they pan out. Meanwhile Urban is signing every top Dual Threat Black Qb he can . I think he is loaded with verbals through 2017 at that position. LOL. A white boy might not ever QB at Ohio State again at this rate. Tressel didn't have many of them either. Last hope is Joey Burrows and even he is a Steve Young type. LOL.

I'm not sure LSU would be a bad fit actually. .they are run based but what has killed them in the past (and bama) is sub par or average qb play. I don't understand how these two teams get five star athletes in every position but their qbs aren't dynamic smh. I'd actually recommend he go to Auburn. He's very talented but injury prone. If a team could tailor their scheme around him or vice versa, he'd be dangerous behind a good SEC OL.

Reactions: JR
Yep. Those kids are seeing being a QB at Alabama don't get you a NFL starting gig or being a high draft choice. Then you play in a boring offense as far as most QBs these days are concerned. Saban is going to have issues at that position as long as he plays that way. Top Pro Style Qbs can go to Stanford and other schools now. The rest of these top Qbs are mostly out of read option offenses and are truly dual threat guys. So not as many stand in the pocket QBs coming out of these HS programs. So his talent pool is going to be smaller for those AJ McCarron or Greg McElroy types. You probably get maybe 1 of them to sign with you and you better hope they pan out. Meanwhile Urban is signing every top Dual Threat Black Qb he can . I think he is loaded with verbals through 2017 at that position. LOL. A white boy might not ever QB at Ohio State again at this rate. Tressel didn't have many of them either. Last hope is Joey Burrows and even he is a Steve Young type. LOL.
Saban may have seen the light last season with how effective having a dual-threat QB could be when combined with his normally good OL and stable of RBs.

Braxton is a good kid and a very good athlete and definitely better at the QB position than what Bama had last year. In the Bama scheme he would not have to do as much as he did at Ohio State when he did start. Folks forget he had to play right away as a True Freshman right after Terrelle Pryor and Coach Tressel had to leave and was thrust into a bad situation that Fall. Then he had to carry the team on offense outside of Carlos Hyde the next couple of years until he got hurt which he was getting dinged every year. So all that running and evening throwing has taken a toll on his body. I think he would be better served moving to another position because he is a heck of an athlete. But going to Alabama he would not have to carry the load. But to me he would be better at LSU with their weapons at the skill position spot. But I think Saban and Meyer secretly talk outside of football. Folks forget they were on staff together at Ohio State under Earle Bruce. So it would not shock me if Braxton ended up at Bama. Better fit in the SEC is LSU though with all those WRs and that RB. Bama WRs will be green this year. RB is set though. It would keep him healthy to be in an offense that runs the ball with a committee of RBs. Urban's offense is going to get him hurt again if he could get the starting position back which I don't think he can. Not as a QB.
Yeah, he's definitely not beating out Jones and Barrett. lol

It never turns out well for black qbs in the sec. Saban would have pulled sims if he had any alternative. LSU manages to damage the prospects of every black qb that comes through there. Miller would be better off finding an ACC program to take to the top. I could see him doing big things at Ga Tech. He'd be a more pass oriented version of the qb they have now.

I am hoping my fellow Carver Alum Jeremy Johnson doesn't fall victim to this. Auburn has been about the only sec school that defies the trend. I credit that to being willing to do anything to beat alabama.

Miller should go to Virginia Tech. Both he and Frank Beamer need each other. Beamer loves mobile black quarterbacks although Logan Thomas sorry azz almost got him an early retirement.

It never turns out well for black qbs in the sec. Saban would have pulled sims if he had any alternative. LSU manages to damage the prospects of every black qb that comes through there. Miller would be better off finding an ACC program to take to the top. I could see him doing big things at Ga Tech. He'd be a more pass oriented version of the qb they have now.

I am hoping my fellow Carver Alum Jeremy Johnson doesn't fall victim to this. Auburn has been about the only sec school that defies the trend. I credit that to being willing to do anything to beat alabama.
Cam Newton, Nick Marshall, Dak Prescott, even Blake Sims would disagree with this.

That's what I'm saying.

Folks don't even look at the situations before spouting off ignorant B.S.
As I said Auburn has a different deal...as 2 of the 4 you named were from auburn as is my homie Jeremy Johnson...at auburn!! reading is fundamental.

I also addressed a 3rd qb you put on the list... Blake Simms. Everyone on here knows they did their best to replace Simms but the other dude was slaw. If he had been close to decent they would have pulled Simms. Ask Andrew Zow how it went for him being replaced by Freddie freakin Kitchens.

To your point I did forget about Prescott and another Carver-Montgomery QB that started for them Chris Relf. They are in the same position as Auburn, they have to play whoever they can to help beat Ole Miss.

LSU screwed Jordan Jefferson, and ryan perrilou wasn't done any favors by the coaching staff there either. You know how it goes at the University of Florida. The last black qb georia started was Hines Ward? is that right? Um so if Clemson didn't have a qb in place he'd be better off there. Definitely in the ACC as compared to the SEC.

So never was too strong of a blanket statement.... It never works out for black qbs at 10 of the 14 sec schools. Now that's right.

Last edited:
As I said Auburn has a different deal...as 2 of the 4 you named were from auburn as is my homie Jeremy Johnson...at auburn!! reading is fundamental.

I also addressed a 3rd qb you put on the list... Blake Simms. Everyone on here knows they did their best to replace Simms but the other dude was slaw. If he had been close to decent they would have pulled Simms. Ask Andrew Zow how it went for him being replaced by Freddie freakin Kitchens.

To your point I did forget about Prescott and another Carver-Montgomery QB that started for them Chris Relf. They are in the same position as Auburn, they have to play whoever they can to help beat Ole Miss.

LSU screwed Jordan Jefferson, and ryan perrilou wasn't done any favors by the coaching staff there either. You know how it goes at the University of Florida. The last black qb georia started was Hines Ward? is that right? Um so if Clemson didn't have a qb in place he'd be better off there. Definitely in the ACC as compared to the SEC.

Blake Sims was never getting replaced. Dude outplayed Coker and Coker might get beat out AGAIN this year...in favor of Braxton Miller.

Get outta here with that mess.

DJ Shockley played at Georgia 04-05.

Tee Martin won a national championship at Tennessee LOL.

Ya'll crack me up.
pachah1.png

Blake Sims was never getting replaced. Dude outplayed Coker and Coker might get beat out AGAIN this year...in favor of Braxton Miller.

Get outta here with that mess.

DJ Shockley played at Georgia 04-05.

Tee Martin won a national championship at Tennessee LOL.

Ya'll crack me up.
pachah1.png
Quincy Carter was also good at UGA. He ended up getting drafted by the Cowboys.

So never was too strong of a blanket statement.... It never works out for black qbs at 10 of the 14 sec schools. Now that's right.
Wasn't Chris Leak the starting QB at Florida when they won a National Title?

Back