Birmingham Southern to close down in May

I have several questions?
BSC endowment is 55 million, down from 110, what are they going to with that money.
They can use that endowment money to pay off some of the debt and declare bankruptcy for the rest.
A&M is just seeking to buy the campus assets, not take over the school. At least, I hope that is what it is so we won't be responsible for BSC's remaining debt.
The latest numbers had the BSC endowment around 25 million.

I'm in favor of growth, but this feels like a trap. Say the state gives you money to buy the campus as an extension. The question I'd ask is, "You can give us this money, but you can't give us money to improve the Huntsville campus." It feels like if I give you this money, you better not ask anything else because it'll come up that we gave you this money. You better read the fine print, they will do a TnSU and put stipulations on this.

I'm in favor of growth, but this feels like a trap. Say the state gives you money to buy the campus as an extension. The question I'd ask is, "You can give us this money, but you can't give us money to improve the Huntsville campus." It feels like if I give you this money, you better not ask anything else because it'll come up that we gave you this money. You better read the fine print, they will do a TnSU and put stipulations on this.
There are 3 major projects set to be announced for the 150th anniversary of AAMU.. not little projects but major projects.

Yeah this is a bad sign for Birmingham. I read BSC was responsible for brining over $100 million to the area each year. The only thing can save the city is a white mayor or strong white interest in the city which I don't see happening.

I heard they were gentrifying some parts of Birmingham but it's not enough to push the city in the right direction. Yeah Birmingham, Montgomery, and Mobile are all headed in the wrong direction. The more Black a city gets the worse it gets and it's not b/c of racism contrary to popular belief ... we don't know how to work together, build, and sustain our own thriving communities THE RIGHT WAY and don't care too.
This is absolutely false and uncle tomish. Do you even know what redlining is? Discriminatory hiring practices? Business devaluing by race?

Honestly, I never knew much about Birmingham Southern other than what I would see on my way to Legion field for The Classic. I always ASSumed it was a small private college with DEEP pockets. Guess I was wrong. I also thought Miles College might make a go of their campus once it was made available. I think AAMU has a better chance of obtaining it. Alabama A&M University at BIRMINGHAM has a nice ring to it.;)

Honestly, I never knew much about Birmingham Southern other than what I would see on my way to Legion field for The Classic. I always ASSumed it was a small private college with DEEP pockets. Guess I was wrong. I also thought Miles College might make a go of their campus once it was made available. I think AAMU has a better chance of obtaining it. Alabama A&M University at BIRMINGHAM has a nice ring to it.;)
When most people think of colleges closing they thing small poor school… Birmingham Southern wasnt a poor school at all… its campus is beautiful. But deep pockets can be mismanaged also. I’ve only been on their campus once for a travel basketball tournament but I was amazed at how beautiful it was. Keep in mind Birmingham Southern use to be a Division 1 school in athletics until 2006.

Back