"Big Up" for the Texas Southern Lady Tigers basketball team.

BIFF

BEHOLD!!!!!!!!
I noticed your women's basketball team had only 5 total players dressed out for last night's 1st round game against the Lady Hornets.

What type disciplinary action would cause the entire team (except 5) to get booted off the team at tourney time? They must have really ticked off the coach.

As tired as they were...those young ladies NEVER quit. They were EXHAUSTED. They deserve major props. (Although they were cheering Jsu's men's team....I salute them.)

I'm not sure what happen. All I know is three of them quit, two of the girls are seniors and the other one is a junior. I'm not sure what went down or who's at fault. I did see Coach Lacy and some of them getting into it after the men's game against SU.

Our women's basketball program doesn't look like it's headed in the right direction. I hope Coach Lacy can get it back on tract. I would hate to see him go, I think he's a good guy, but good guys don't win championships.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by BIFF
I noticed your women's basketball team had only 5 total players dressed out for last night's 1st round game against the Lady Hornets.

Did only five players make the trip to Montgomery, or did something happen here and the girls were just not allowed to play?

Here is the Montgomery Advertiser article....

Lady Hornets roll
by hard luck Texas So.
By Josh Moon
Montgomery Advertiser

Alabama State's Stephanie Browning, right, is fouled by Texas Southern's Antricia Klaiber during the first round of the SWAC Tournament.
-- Staff photo by Todd Van Emst

When Texas Southern stepped off the bus for Tuesday?s night Southwestern Athletic Conference Tournament quarterfinal matchup with Alabama State, the Lady Tigers knew they didn?t have much of chance.

Thanks to injuries and three players missing the team bus, Texas Southern showed up at the Joe L. Reed Acadome with only five players. Of those five, only two were regular starters.

Game over.

The second-seeded Lady Hornets showed no mercy, using a full-court press to wear out the Lady Tigers on the way to an easy 73-45 victory. With the win, ASU advanced to Friday?s semifinals. The Lady Hornets will face No. 3 seed Grambling State at 2 p.m. at Birmingham?s Fair Park Arena.

?We had four girls that were injured already and hadn?t been traveling with us,? Texas Southern head coach Lacy Reynolds said. ?Then we had three girls that missed the bus. We waited as long as we could, but sometimes you have to make a decision for the good of the team.?

When ASU head coach Freda Freeman-Jackson saw the undermanned Lady Tigers, she said it made her even more nervous.

?You don?t know how the girls are going to respond in that situation,? she said. ?Some are going to be ready to go out there and put them away and some are going to be too relaxed.?

Too relaxed is exactly how the Lady Hornets looked in the first half.

Texas Southern took an early lead on the Hornets and managed to keep the game close through the first 10 minutes, thanks mostly to careless ball handling and poor shooting by an uninspired ASU team.

However, with about eight minutes to go, the full-court press used by the Lady Hornets looked to finally to be taking its toll on Texas Southern. ASU stretched its lead to 18 points with just over four minutes to play.

But the Lady Tigers wouldn?t go away. They put together an 11-2 run over the final three minutes and trailed only 38-29 at the half.

Reynolds said he was sure that Freeman-Jackson was a little concerned at that point.

?I?m sure she was worried going in at the half only up by nine against a team with only five players,? Reynolds said. ?I know I would have been.?

Freeman-Jackson admitted the small lead did have her a little concerned.

?I?m sure we were all worried,? she said. ?They?ve already made it through 20 minutes and have kept the score close. All they?ve got now is another 20 minutes.?

She didn?t need to be worried.

In the second half, the ASU pressure completely wore out the Lady Tigers. They managed only 16 points ? 10 of which came in the final four minutes. The Lady Hornets stretched their lead to as many as 32 points and were never in any danger.

Despite the big margin of victory, Freeman-Jackson said she still didn?t get to rest as many players as she would have liked.

?We had to keep our girls in there a lot longer than we would have liked to because it was so close in the early going,? she said. ?We won this game because of the endurance factor and nothing else. A lot of our girls didn?t have good nights.?

The Lady Hornets were led by Chrishutta Lewis and Jawanda West, who each scored 11 points.

Texas Southern was led by Kim Davis, who scored a game-high 24 points.

Re: Here is the Montgomery Advertiser article....

Originally posted by cetmo

. . . we had three girls that missed the bus. We waited as long as we could . . .

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

One of the guards "fell out" after the game. I felt bad for her.

That assistant coach is a BABE! lol.

I wonder if the coach is telling a true story about his team. It seems to me that there might be something wrong with this picture. I SMELL SOME WRONG DOING BY THE COACH LACY !!!!!!!

which coach? If your talking about Coach Madison (6-3) who used to be at Prairie View then don't get too excited. :(

If you have four players out due to injuries and three players suddenly miss the bus, then we all are smart enough to know that you can't fire the players. (" Fire the coach "):redhot:

Originally posted by The Panther Fan
which coach? If your talking about Coach Madison (6-3) who used to be at Prairie View then don't get too excited. :(

tpf, you are off, I know what you are thinking!

Originally posted by The Panther Fan
which coach? If your talking about Coach Madison (6-3) who used to be at Prairie View then don't get too excited.

tpf I hear the same thing

Back