Big Props to Univ. of Georgia Football: Wearing Gales #33 on Helmets!

dawg-decal.jpg

And a Gram fan talking about UGA using this situation to benefit them smfh

Who?

To me it is classy. I would expect for us to do the same thing if that kid from JSU was injured like this. That's why I respected Fobbs so much. Broderick did not run back to talk plays...he stayed by that players side. That's what coaching is....teaching life skills and having empathy.

The UGA community has been quick to support Devon Gales, but one Heisman Trophy winner’s visit left a real impression on the wide receiver.

Gales suffered a serious spinal injury during Southern University’s game against UGA on Sept. 26. He had surgery at Athens Regional Hospital that weekend and was transferred to the Shepherd Center in Atlanta, where’s he been since.

Former UGA running back Herschel Walker told the AJC’s DawgNation.com that he visited Gales at the Shepherd Center with his fiancee Julie Blanchard and former teammate Frank Ros last Sunday.

Personally if I was SU I would retire his jersey with his name on the back. That would motivate this kid. I know a guy who was injured in a high school game and is paralyzed his high school retired his jersey. He was being recruited by ULM. He wanted to just curl up and die. Well ULM is in the process of retiring the number he would have had.

He is now a counselor with a PhD in psychology.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sp...chita-honors-cummins-retires-jersey/18335405/

Personally if I was SU I would retire his jersey with his name on the back. That would motivate this kid. I know a guy who was injured in a high school game and is paralyzed his high school retired his jersey. He was being recruited by ULM. He wanted to just curl up and die. Well ULM is in the process of retiring the number he would have had.

He is now a counselor with a PhD in psychology.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sp...chita-honors-cummins-retires-jersey/18335405/

Nah I'm not with that this early in his recovery.

Back