Best HBCU campuses?

2kool

I haven't traveled to many. Need to get to a few more. I've heard good things about Bama State since making upgrades. Heard JSU is nice too. What are the nicest campuses you've been to?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I have actually been to Hampton twice, and I don't see what the fuss is about.... But I will agree PVAM is nice

Hampton was not that great to me. Not to be biased but after the recent additions, JSU is atleast top 5 in my book.

PVAMU is nice too.

Interesting topic because I haven't visited other campuses in quite some time. I am a little bias towards Bama State because the campus looks almost like a different school from when I was a student with the new stadium, new student union, new halls, new library, new baseball field, new football offices/weight rooms and a new dormitory.

I found Savannah State's campus different with that low country atmosphere and the marsh in the back. Albany State from what I remember didn't look too bad. Fort Valley on the other hand is a different story. Yeesh

Interesting topic because I haven't visited other campuses in quite some time. I am a little bias towards Bama State because the campus looks almost like a different school from when I was a student with the new stadium, new student union, new halls, new library, new baseball field, new football offices/weight rooms and a new dormitory.

I found Savannah State's campus different with that low country atmosphere and the marsh in the back. Albany State from what I remember didn't look too bad. Fort Valley on the other hand is a different story. Yeesh
I want to see Bama State's campus after all of the renovations are completed. Forgot about you guys. I will stop through next chance I get.

Reactions: J C
I haven't been to a lot of HBCU campuses outside the SWAC, but I've been to every SWAC campus (with the exception of Alabama State). Right now, I'd have to say, hands down, Prairie View has the most beautiful HBCU campus! If it weren't for those magnificent trees and the Coleman library that sits on the hill, you would never guess it was a former slave plantation with 150-400 slaves!

Alabama A&M also has a very nice campus, and Jackson State is very, very nice.

I have been to every SWAC campus except Prairie View and I intend to visit it this football season. Outside of the conference I haven't visited any other than Tougaloo, Xavier, Dillard, SUNO, and Fort Valley.
I am partial to campuses that have been able to blend old and new and I like picturesque layouts and settings.

Check out the link below to our campus. Although, the link is old and upgrades and additions have been made it still gives a nice overview of the layout.

http://tour.alcorn.edu/flashindex.html

In the SWAC, I only been to AAMU, Jackson State and Southern. Outside the SWAC, I been to St. Augustine, Howard, Morgan State, drove by Norfolk State and Johnson C. Smith, Fisk, Meharry, Tennessee State, Hampton, Savannah State, FAMU, Albany State, Fort Valley, the entire AUC, Talladega, Tuskegee, Miles, Stillman, Oakwood, Dillard and Xavier. Out of those, I would say maybe Hampton and Savannah State being the best looking from what I remember.

I know SWAC wise it's pv, jsu, Bama state and A&M. Alcorn is also growing, I think with a few more leglislative sessions alcorn should be ranked pretty high . As for JSU those new dorms and new parking garage would definitely put it as 1 and a new on campus stadium.

PVAM and AAMU are two of the nicest in the SWAC. I've never been to UAPB and Bama State's campuses. And I do like what JSU's done to it's campus since 2000. Prior to that, it was a great setting for socializing, but was lacking aesthetically.

As far as non-SWAC schools, I do like Dillard's campus. Tougaloo's campus is not that great, but it has this serene vibe to it. I've seen pics of TN State and FAMU's campus and they both look nice.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
AMEN....forget a building...the women folk made the whole school look good.

Yep, that is part of the reason why I married one.

My response regarding Spelman's campus was sincere. It wasn't about the women. Have any of you been on the campus? I swear, if you didn't know any better, and were placed right in the middle of that campus, you wouldn't think you were standing in the middle of an HBCU campus. The buildings are beautiful and the landscaping is flawless.

My response regarding Spelman's campus was sincere. It wasn't about the women. Have any of you been on the campus? I swear, if you didn't know any better, and were placed right in the middle of that campus, you wouldn't think you were standing in the middle of an HBCU campus. The buildings are beautiful and the landscaping is flawless.

LOL....ours was too. LOL...I agree it is beautiful.

Back