Bama gave lsu one of those u should have gotten a big switch ass whuppin's

A lot of folks think the DC is garbage. Finebaum was saying Steele is overrated.

His philosophy doesn't really mesh with Les. In his system ( lot's of zone similar to Saban) the DB's need a year to learn the system. That's why at Bama you don't really see as many true freshmen starters on the defensive side of the ball.

Hmmm, If Miles is fired, someone that knows what they're doing is going to come in and look like a hero........LSU has virtually everything coming back and Alabama and OM is losing a ton.......Couple that with Prescott leaving State and 2015 is LSU's in a romp......

If it was me, I'd give Les one more year..........but it doesn't look good for him from what I am hearing.......After the Texas A&M game is judgment day...

I think it is going to backfire. You can never count Bama out just because Nick is Nick. A new coach coming in will have to gel with the players that Les and his folks brought in. Not to mention, you don't know how your verbal commits are going to react to WHO you hire. Saban and other coaches are ready to SWOOP in right now if they fire Les to start unraveling the verbal commits.

The West will be competitive no doubt. Ms State will be no factor, Arkansas should still be Arkansas. Ole Piss will be interesting. They lose folks, but Hugh Freeze has done a good job. The question will be with all these good job openings. Will someone reach out to Freeze. Even Dan Mullen might need to think about leaving State if he can. Sumlin is officially on the hot seat for 2016 if he comes back. Might need to leave himself. Honeymoon is over in College Station. He got to win and win big in '16. The team that will interesting to see if they bounce back is Auburn.

I am with you. With what LSU has coming back. I would leave Les alone for one more year. But I think the damage is done with him and the LSU powers that be and boosters. Les is probably like go ahead and fire me and give me 15 million. I will go do ESPN for a year and return to the sideline in a year. Or he may get one of these nice jobs that are opening.

Job Openings: These are some very good jobs that are open right now.

1. Southern Cal

2. LSU

3. Virginia Tech

4. South Carolina

5. Miami

6. Illinois

Top Candidates:

1. Tom Herman (Houston)

2. Justin Fuente (Memphis)

3. Matt Rhule (Temple)

4. Rod Carey (Northern Illinois)

5. Dino Babers( Bowling Green)

6. DJ Durkin (Michigan DC)

Wonder if Navy's Coach wants to stay there for the rest of his career.

He ain't going no where. He got it made. He has been approached before. You get to coach probably the smartest student athletes in the NCAA. Definitely the most disciplined. No pressure. All the connections in the world at your doorstep socially. Plus he would have to do more than just that read option. That will not work in P5 all the time. See Ga Tech (Sorry TP and gSupe)

Although he said he is going to start passing more after Keenen Reynolds graduates. They really think they can compete. I was there this summer and both him and the AD said they are going after better athletes than in the past. I also think the Navy is on the verge of allowing a kid who the NFL has interest in, to serve in a reserve capacity and be an ambassador for the Academy.

Dude, you are talking ALABAMA. Not LSU. LSU football HISTORY is not on the same level as FSU. Bobby Bowden himself is GREATER than LSU football history. LOL. How many Heisman trophy winners have LSU had vs Florida State? How many times have FSU played for the title and how many times have they finished in the top 5, top 10? How many consecutive 10 win seasons? Didn't Bobby break a record? Bobby was 3-2 in National title games

Even LSU WHITE boy SEC history aint that great. Sheesh. There were a lot of stadiums that were dreaded. For LSU it was because of the unruly and rowdy fans at LSU. Not because their teams were that good. Hell Dale Brown had LSU basketball performing better than their Football program.

LSU is a JOHNNY COME LATELY to the party. Now where they Vandy or some bottom feeder program. No they were not. But let's not act like they were a National Power like Florida State was and still is. Heck it took LSU 16 years to win a SEC title from 1970. Arnsparger won in 86. I was on the yard at SU then. Bobby Bowden already had Florida State as a household name. From 77-2000, Florida State least amount of wins was one year at 7 in 84. BTW, they owned LSU during that time.

Nah Blue. Can't be. LSU been a power forever. LOL. Florida State's program ain't on their level and LSU is a better job. Jimbo would be foolish to not want to leave little ole FSU and their little ole history to come to the Juggernaut of SEC football. Didn't you know LSU history is damn near on par with Bama? LOL.
Dude, I remember when Bowden coached at Samford. He resurrected a sorry FSU program. Modern history v complete history. His son-in-law, Jimbo will have to decide if offered the LSU job which program is the best. Some FSU supporters are not happy with way he's handled past issues in Tallahassee.

Dude, I remember when Bowden coached at Samford. He resurrected a sorry FSU program. Modern history v complete history. His son-in-law, Jimbo will have to decide if offered the LSU job which program is the best. Some FSU supporters are not happy with way he's handled past issues in Tallahassee.

What does that have to do with FLORIDA STATE FOOTBALL HISTORY being > LSU's? Even with Bowden getting there in the mid 70s. His tenure and wins surpassed ANYTHING LSU has done in their entire history. You act like I am saying FSU is > than Bama and Bear Bryant. LOL. Bottom line none of the schools in the SEC not named Alabama were consistently good through their history on a NATIONAL stage. Saban put LSU in the conversation and Les continued it. Before then. It was 16 years from 70 to 86 before they won a SEC title. And that's because Bama was in transition after Bear had retired/passed away. LSU has 11 SEC titles in their entire football history. As bad as Tenn has been the last 10 years. They still have more SEC titles than LSU. Even Georgia has more SEC titles than LSU football. The only thing LSU has over FSU is that they had a program longer. But when Coach Bowden took FSU to the next level and had that incredible run. He propelled that program past LSU on a National Scale. Bear Bryant carried the SEC Nationally with Tenn and GA being the next big named programs from back in the day. Vince Dooley and Johnny Majors time. GA about to make the same mistake as LSU. Richt at this point in his career has won more games at a higher clip than Vince Dooley had at this point in his career. Paul Finebaum pointed that out to GA fans who want to run off Richt. Everybody in that conference is just jealous of Nick Saban and Bama. Thats all it is. Kind of like the Patriots in the NFL.

I guess we can agree to disagree. But LSU ain't Florida State historically. To me, it is WAY easier to go win at Florida State than at LSU in the tough SEC West. You also have access to plethora of athletes in Florida. If Saban had never set foot on LSU campus. We wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Last edited:
JR and JC,

This is my take on LSU vs. Bama. First and foremost Bama ran things and LSU doesn't nearly compare when they were all white then mostly white. Remember Bear Bryant got Charles McClendon of LSU fired similar to what is going on with Les back in the day. When Sam the Bam Cunningham ran all over Bama in 1970, they got smart and started recruiting more quality black athletes much quicker than LSU. Louisiana had two storied HBCU programs and it wasn't easy to build a fence around Louisiana compared to Alabama. As late as the late 70's the SWAC was one of the top 10 conferences in America. You had Eddie Robinson, Marino Casem and WC Gordon roaming the side line still putting players in the pros in the 80's and though LSU started eroding at that talent a little it wasn't until Nick Saban came to Louisiana in 1999 that LSU really got besides themselves built a fence around Louisiana and netted a national title in 2003. That was their first since 1958 for LSU. JR is correct that LSU is a Johnny come home lately courtesy of desegregation matriculating over time. Louisiana however isn't a Johnny come home lately and now that LSU is getting Louisiana's best across the board, they have finally emerged as an American powerhouse. Hence it has been a different process for LSU. Les came in and was able to maintain what Saban established most of his 11 years. The idea of a ball club from Louisiana not being able to pass the football is nauseating and some of the old coaches (particularly Eddie Robinson) must be having a fit in heaven.....

Last edited:
Aday after LSU lost its prized commit in this year’s recruiting class, quarterback Feleipe Franks, the Tigers took another hit in recruiting.

Jacoby Stevens, a 4-star athlete from Oakland High School (Nashville, Tenn.), told SEC Country that he has de-committed from LSU. By the looks of it, the uncertainty surrounding the program was a main factor.

“As of right now, I have reopened my recruitment,” Stevens said to 247Sports.com’s Sonny Shipp. “I envisioned myself playing under Les Miles, coach Corey Raymond and having Austin Thomas (Director of Player Personnel) there. With not knowing if they are going to be there it just made sense for me to reopen my recruitment.

https://www.seccountry.com/louisiana-state/4-star-athlete-de-commits-from-lsu

What does that have to do with FLORIDA STATE FOOTBALL HISTORY being > LSU's? Even with Bowden getting there in the mid 70s. His tenure and wins surpassed ANYTHING LSU has done in their entire history. You act like I am saying FSU is > than Bama and Bear Bryant. LOL. Bottom line none of the schools in the SEC not named Alabama were consistently good through their history on a NATIONAL stage. Saban put LSU in the conversation and Les continued it. Before then. It was 16 years from 70 to 86 before they won a SEC title. And that's because Bama was in transition after Bear had retired/passed away. LSU has 11 SEC titles in their entire football history. As bad as Tenn has been the last 10 years. They still have more SEC titles than LSU. Even Georgia has more SEC titles than LSU football. The only thing LSU has over FSU is that they had a program longer. But when Coach Bowden took FSU to the next level and had that incredible run. He propelled that program past LSU on a National Scale. Bear Bryant carried the SEC Nationally with Tenn and GA being the next big named programs from back in the day. Vince Dooley and Johnny Majors time. GA about to make the same mistake as LSU. Richt at this point in his career has won more games at a higher clip than Vince Dooley had at this point in his career. Paul Finebaum pointed that out to GA fans who want to run off Richt. Everybody in that conference is just jealous of Nick Saban and Bama. Thats all it is. Kind of like the Patriots in the NFL.

I guess we can agree to disagree. But LSU ain't Florida State historically. To me, it is WAY easier to go win at Florida State than at LSU in the tough SEC West. You also have access to plethora of athletes in Florida. If Saban had never set foot on LSU campus. We wouldn't even be having this discussion.
Georgia fans also want to get rid of Richt because he struggles beating Florida. During his 14 years at Georgia, they've only won 2 SEC titles and 0 national titles. Georgia wins a lot of games each season, but always manage to lose the big ones that keep them out of championship contention. Think about these last 3 seasons. The East was basically handed to them with Florida, Tennessee, and South Carolina being down, and he let Missouri win the previous 2 seasons, and Florida win this season with no QB. lol

Aday after LSU lost its prized commit in this year’s recruiting class, quarterback Feleipe Franks, the Tigers took another hit in recruiting.

Jacoby Stevens, a 4-star athlete from Oakland High School (Nashville, Tenn.), told SEC Country that he has de-committed from LSU. By the looks of it, the uncertainty surrounding the program was a main factor.

“As of right now, I have reopened my recruitment,” Stevens said to 247Sports.com’s Sonny Shipp. “I envisioned myself playing under Les Miles, coach Corey Raymond and having Austin Thomas (Director of Player Personnel) there. With not knowing if they are going to be there it just made sense for me to reopen my recruitment.

Florida is going hard after that QB.

Reactions: JR

Exactly, LSU may have been better before integration, but that's it. LSU was a non-factor in the 90s and early 2000s until Nick Saban came in.

He is going to stay home and go to Rocky Top!

Don't know why. He ain't much better than Les. Hell Les has proved at two places he can succeed as a Head Coach.

JR, I think Les Miles is the best person for the job. However, if LSU go in a different direction and Kelly is on the hot seat in Philly, it makes sense for Kelly and a terrible move for LSU. LSU would be in "save face" mode.

“Thanks for a great 11 years,” he said at the regular Friday meeting of the Gridiron Club booster group, according to multiple Gridiron Club members at the meeting.

“I’ll always be a Tiger,” Miles said, but added that he was at his last Gridiron Club meeting and that he will not coach the Tigers in whatever bowl game in which they play after this regular season.

LSU officials have continued to refuse to confirm publicly that Saturday night’s regular season finale against Texas A&M will be Miles’ last as LSU’s coach, but signs have pointed to and sounded like the end of an era at LSU throughout this week.

“If you look at the great number of men that I’ve been fortunate to meet and coach at LSU,” Miles waxed as he closed his weekly radio show Wednesday night, “guys that have put team in front of themselves and guys that really grew up and matured and led our team and the many teams that we’ve had and the experiences that we’ve enjoyed, the highs and the lows have been tremendous.”

On the day Miles made those comments, LSU athletic department officials — per a request by USA TODAY Sports — were trying to decipher the wording of Miles’ buyout in his contract to ascertain whether he would be paid $15 million for being fired by Dec. 31 or $10.7 million, which would be the buyout total less the $4.3 million yearly salary package money he will have received this year by Dec. 31. The contract states, though not clearly, that Miles would get the $15 million minus what he makes in the dismissal year.

Les Miles tells LSU booster group Saturday's game will be his last You're one step away from getting the best sports experience around! Download the USA TODAY Sports App.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...es-says-texas-am-game-saturday-last/76461686/

Back